Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic place

I took a group of adults with a mix of disabilities, along to visit Monkey Haven. We were given a... read more

Reviewed today
jacames2016
London, United Kingdom
Fantastic afternoon

Visited with 4 yr old twins. First and Most important these animals look so happy and well looked... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago

from $80.50
from $34.90
from $60.40
1,869 results
All reviews keeper talks rescue centre rescued animals eagle owl lovely little place well worth a visit isle of wight different species keep up the good work couple of hours play area lovely place to visit small place few hours free return within days gift shop all ages
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We took our 18mth old nephew who loved it - as did we!! All the monkeys seemed really happy and well cared for. The sanctuary is lovely and clean, and there are a wide variety of monkeys and owls to see, despite the centre being quite small. They were building whilst we were there which I assume means they are getting some more residents next year so we look forward to returning to meet them. I would recommend people visit the centre as more than anything I think they need the support to continue the good work they are doing.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

As a haven, it's wonderful and I would recommend it for a visit. It's not that big, it is wheelchair friendly and the cafe is lovely - lots of freshly cooked food served by very helpful and friendly staff. Only downside was a disappointing marmoset encounter. The furry critters didn't want to play ball, which I totally understand, but there seemed to be quite a high turnover of encounters which to me suggests anyone having an encounter after lunch is very unlikely to get their money's worth as the marmosets are already stuffed full of tasty treats and not at all interested in meeting and greeting visitors! Can't say I blame them! If you want to hand feed them go as early as you can.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We have been visiting this attraction for the past 5 years or so. When we first started going it was very new. But now has "blossomed" into a truly fantastic place. The animals are housed in splendid enclosures. They have plenty of space. and lots of stimulation. Toys branches etc etc.. Make sure that you read on the web site when the talks are. They are very very interesting and informative. Also check out the feeding times.We normaly visit the on site café at the end of our visit. The hot chocolate and scones are to die for (goodbye diet) There is a good solid car park. We have visited both in the Summer and Autumn. And have never had a problem parking. Plenty of the brown road signs to find your way. Well worth a visit. Good paths, even if you are a little unsteady on your pins.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I decided to visit here on Thursday, however due to winter hours coming Into operation we had to alter our plans slightly so visited today (4th November). To be honest I wasn't expecting much as places on the Isle of Wight are well known for overcharging for what is usually only for a couple of hours worth.
We got island rates which knocked £2 of the entrance fee (£8.50 usually) and also got free re entrance for a return within a week.
When we got into the actual park I was very surprised at what I saw, the enclosures are really good, full of lots of items for the monkeys to climb on, swing from and play with. Also lots of food for them to pick at. There is lots of space inside the park to sit and watch the animals and it is very chilled and relaxed. Perhaps going in November helps this but all in all we took our time going round the animals.
This isn't a full day out so,don't have any pre conceptions that you could stay there all day, we stayed for at least two and a half hours and we did really milk this. It's more monkeys than owls and the owls don't really do much but they are still beautiful close up.
Kids will enjoy the playground which is very good, I was tempted to have a go myself but it's up to age 14 which was a shame!!
The cafe is very good and reasonably priced, I can recommend the jacket potato and the Victoria sponge.
All in all I would recommend this attraction, they are currently under going expansion and it would be interesting to see how this turns out
To recap a great couple of hours spent

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Year 3 children from Ryde Junior school have been reading 'The Owl who was afraid of the dark'. We then spent an informative and fun-filled day at the Owl and Monkey Haven learning more about owls and their adaptations. We were lucky enough to meet Ketch, and have our photo with him. We also met the monkeys at the Haven and were very excited to meet Malou, a new baby capuchin.
Our thanks for a wonderful, informative and well organised day go to Lucy and Lizzy who made us feel very welcome and ran all the activities for us. We had use of the classroom on site and the entire venue is clean and efficiently managed. We will definitely be back again.
Mrs Dickinson