“Friendly staff, good food and good value”
Review of Nabab Tandoori

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Had been looking for a decent place to eat on the island and was not disappointed- banter with the waiter was entertaining and food was excellent and good value- highly recommend

Reviewed November 1, 2012

me and my wife went for a night out to have an indian unfortunately it took forever to get the food. As soon as it arrived it was luke warm and the food taste very salty. would not recommend it.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I know that isn't saying a great deal considering the size of the Isle of Wight, but this really was one of the best Indian dining experiences I've ever had. The waiters were friendly enough, the prices were reasonable (especially being a place where you can bring your own booze) and the food was consistently great.

All the starters we had (a medley of bhajis and meat) were excellent, and that standard didn't fall when the mains arrived either; in fact, they actually raised the bar, delivering what remains to this day the best Chicken Tikka Massala I have ever had (it comes with easy recommendation). The other dishes (vegetable curry, chicken curry, and a prawn dish) were also lovely (rich, great use of herbs and spices).

The only thing I can really fault about my visit is that the tables are slightly cramped. Apart from that, there was nothing to hinder it being one of the best Indian meals I've ever had.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I enjoyed food and service here .overall very satisfied . waiters very helpfull . ....................................................................................................................

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I love curry and have been using the Nabab for 18 years, ever since I moved to Newport. I always find the service excellent and the food lovely. I have been to other restaurants locally but always prefer the Nabab. That said, every so often there is a change of chef and that can make a difference to the taste of the dishes. However, on the couple of occasions when I have not liked something it has been quickly replaced.
I find the food tasty and authentic. I have been to India a few times (not beach) and gone off the beaten track where I have had Thalis for 30 rupees, and the Nabab food is just as delicious as all the food I had in India.
Cheap-ish, cheerful and VFM I would recommend the Nabab to any of my friends.