“Yep fun place to go and food worth it”

Loetje aan de Amstel
Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Montreal, Canada
“Yep fun place to go and food worth it”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

For Dutch standards they serve good steak, funny how little the staff knows about meats.
Service average, could and should be better, however very friendly, especially the host.
Try the steak with liver, very good, skip the shrimpkroket. Hamburger good, not great.
Wine choice could be better
Bar lounge nice atmosphere and good place to wait for your table, the terrace great to be with nice weather, the terrace close to the river does not have a lot places with shade.
Fun place to bring friends, for business can be noisy but I did and we had a great time.
A good vibe.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank RoBrown

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lives up to the reputation”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Everyone has heard of Loetjes for the fantastic steak. So on my visit of course I ordered the steak... I can confirm that it is indeed delicious! The location is perfect. The service was great, friendly and quick. The atmosphere was pleasant. It was quite busy so I would highly recommend making a reservation if possible?
Unfortunately someone I was with had to send there steak back several times as it was to well done, then came cold in the middle. But once arrived for the 4th time it was perfect. And as a plus removed from the bill.
Dessert was nice. I will be returning to Loetje with my steak loving husband.

1 Thank Worldwidetraveller89
Swansea, United Kingdom
“The perfect steak, perfect.”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have been to this restaurant twice. This week I had the XL Fillet, Bali. The finest steak, so amazingly cooked, coated in Chilli sauce. Not fiery, not a building burn but a perfect warm feeling. The fries were on the side, but I couldn't stop eating my steak. The place was so crowded, a great vibe. They recently moved to this premise from a smaller location around the corner. You cant really book, turn up, queue but every mouthful was worth it.

Thornbury, Canada
“Steak to remember”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

May 8, 21014
After visiting the Netherlands, having a last dinner with family, Loetje came up as a target. Not that any of us had been there before, just word of mouth. Glad we tried it out. Nice new location.
Just fantastic steak! Good, but a little slow service, but it was very busy. Since reservations are only taken for groups of 6 or more, the 4 of us had to wait for 20 mins at the bar. All good like I remember having it, when I grew up in The Netherlands.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Nice move”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I like the new location. Very spacious, bright, and good interior design. Food quality is always good here, and reasonably priced. Service was fine but swift. This place is busy so don't expect personal service, just short and sweet but without attitude. That amounts to service utopia anyway for anywhere in the Amsterdam vicinity (service generally in or around Amsterdam is notoriously bad). Plus, they have their own car park now which makes this place even more appealing. For sure I'll be back.

Visited May 2014