“This place is a keeper!”

Loetje aan de Amstel
Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Manassas, Virginia
“This place is a keeper!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Neatly tucked on a scenic street near a canal, this restaurant is a gem. If you are seeking great food, with a lively atmosphere, and top notch service, this is the restaurant for you! My advice to you would be to secure reservations early and be prepared to wait for parking...as this restaurant is always busy. The staff are friendly and the patrons are full of conversation. Not a place for those looking for quiet romance...

Visited March 2014

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“My family's favorite place for steaks, get there early!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Every time we are craving for a good steak we go here for dinner. My brother described his first bite as "it melts in your mouth". My daughters also love the creme brulee for dessert. And last time we were there, their dessert special rasberry cheesecake was also delicious.

If you don't mind having an early dinner, get there before 7pm to avoid long waits.

The restaurant has moved further down the road to number 35, from its previous place (number 53), but parking is still at the same location (just after the turn onto the road) and parking is still as expensive (if not mistaken it was a flat rate EUR 8). You can take bus 171 or 175 from the Amstelveen station, but note that the time in between buses at night is about 1/2 hour for a bus ride back.

• Visited March 2014
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
“Great steaks, don't go there in the weekends!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Very crowded on a Friday night... As you can't make reservations we had to wait over an hour to be seated....
The steaks are really good, that was why we decided to stay. But the might have to change their reservation policy though!

Visited February 2014
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands
“Great food, too busy, mediocre service”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Had diner with a business relation on a wednesday night. The place was packed. We had a small table, seated very close to the neighbouring guests. The waitress was eager to take our order. When we finished our main course it took us half an hour to order some coffees. And the restrooms had nog paper left at the sinks. The food was great, though. I sincerely hope the owner puts a bit more effort behind the total experience package in the very near future. I won't be revisiting this place.

• Visited March 2014
Appleton, United Kingdom
“Great steak and friendly service”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Was over for a very brief work visit to Amsterdam and got taken here by a couple of colleagues... one of the very best steaks I've had for a long time. I had the Bali Steak given I enjoy my spice, and the gravy was perfect, spicy yet did not detract from the flavour of the steak.

The service was friendly, and the atmosphere was vibrant and very busy very early on.

Value for money was good, not overly priced given the quality of the meat, and the beer selection also very good...

Won't be my only visit this year to Amsterdam, and you know what, think I might come back here again!

• Visited January 2014