Famous Dave's
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We were looking for barbecue and stumbled on Dave's. It was busy for father's day but service was very fast. Ribs were really good. Roasted chicken was a bit greasy but very flavorful. I loved the chopped pork. Good healthy portions. Casual atmosphere.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Great ribs and chicken. I am not sure if their fish and chips was just a seasonal offering, but it is also quite good. I prefer carry out as the restaurant is not very pleasant.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We have been here twice. The first time it tasted quite good. Therefore, we went back a couple months later - it was NOT good. The meat was kind of cold and VERY fatty. The ribs were very fatty and tuff this time too. We likely will not return. Too bad, because I went to one in Woodbridge, VA that was always very good.

1  Thank thearnoldclan
Reviewed February 13, 2012

There are a handful of restaurants that we frequently order from on a monthly basis. Famous Dave's in Oakton, VA is one of them. The Georgia Chopped Pork and coleslaw is my favorite while others prefer the Country-Roasted Chicken.

For family carry out we always purchase the whole country-roasted chicken with coleslaw and corn bread.

Take note that we only carry out or use them for catering I can not comment on the restaurant.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

Cant speak more highly about this outpost of Dave's. You can't go wrong eating in, carry out, or just a cold brew at the lovely bar. A real neighborhood treasure.