“Great for skiing”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Landgraaf
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Great for skiing”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I only found out about this place a few weeks ago and went over half term. I took 2 teenaged who I am taking skiing for the first time at Christmas. We have been on the dry ski slopes in the uk and decided to try real snow. This place was great for this, one had a 2 hour boarding lesson and really got the hang of it, the other and I kept to skiing and again got on really well. The slopes are very long and the snow was good. Now we are ready for the holiday.
As for the hotel, it is located about 3 hours from Calais and meets all the requirements food selection good and the room comfortable, although after the skiing I think the boys would have slept on bed of nails! Great time for all , thanks snow world

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Ianpea111
SnowWorld_Landgraaf, Front Office at Hotel SnowWorld Landgraaf, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your review about our hotel and facilities.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed skiing and snowboarding at SnowWorld. Our team puts a lot of time and effort into maintaining the quality of our slopes, comments like yours make it all worthwhile.

We also highly appreciate that you liked our hotel rooms and food selections. Even though your boys would have slept on a bed of nails we are glad to offer you a more comfortable option.

We hope that you are well prepared for your Christmas trip and to welcome you again in at SnowWorld.

Kind regards,

Whitney Peters

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I booked this hotel for our travelling group on last minute.
When arriving to hotel we felt like stepping in to Star Trek Holodeck.
We were expecting another normal, boring hotel on the way, but boy were we surprised!!!
When arriving to hotel, first we saw was 500m long downhill skiing centre, full of snow. And
we arrived in september.

When walking into reception, you feel like entering Tirol skiing centre at Alps.

Rooms were modern and clean.
Negative experience was the constant Tiroli music everywhere that started melt our brains...
Staff at reception was extremely slow. Staff at bar and breakfast felt angry and annoyed.

Generally, would probably stay again if driving by. Maybe taking skis with this time?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Abeton
SnowWorld_Landgraaf, Front Office at Hotel SnowWorld Landgraaf, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the review.

We are happy to hear that you experienced SnowWorld as not just a normal hotel. We also highly appreciate that you liked our rooms and that we could surprise you with everything SnowWorld has to offer.

Our staff is always working hard to make sure every guest has a pleasant stay at SnowWorld, therefore we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our music and service. We will take your comments into account and hope to welcome you again at SnowWorld!

Kind regards,

Whitney Peters
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a party in Landgraaf and stayed in this hotel for 1 night. We paid €100,- which did not include breakfast and we even had to pay extra for parking. Since the location, service and room are nothing special I have to label this hotel as overpriced.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ErikPC
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Slope is excellent for all abilities, regardless of other reviews on here of it being 'too steep', its no steeper than any UK dome. park is well maintained with a mix of ride on and side hit features. The fact that your 8hr pass 'stops' if you go for food/drinksFood and drink are excellent (try the Heineken ice) with lots of choice. Staff are friendly and helpful. Hotel is plush and much better than expected, air con is a little weak though, it was 40 degrees when we visited! No safety features on windows so be warned with young kids. Toilet and shower dont leave alot to the imagination if your sharing with a colleague/friend!! But rooms are modern and contemporary and comfy!! Didnt use the high wire adventure but used the land roller coaster, watch the end if your close to another coaster, i still have the whiplash!! The multi use deal looked really good value for both the high wire and coaster. Also look out for other deals available like the 8hr pass and BBQ, very good value.
All in all if you like winter sports and nice hotels its well worth the trip!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I travel to the region often for work. When the usual hotels were fully booked I took a chance. It was a good choice. The room was nice, the air con worked really well in extreme heat and the bed (2 singles pushed together) was actually comfortable.

The uniqueness of having a ski hill was an opportunity I did not have time for this trip.

The breakfast was normal European style buffet and met expectations. The scrambled eggs and pancakes were nice. And there was a good selection of fruits by the cash on the way out.

My only issue was on the third day of my four day stay I was left with barely anything remaining on the toilet paper roll. I cannot understand why a housekeeper would choose to leave a paying guest with basically no TP in the room. When I called the concierge he promptly brought me two rolls, but it shouldn't come to this.

Furthermore, my check out experience was interesting. When I arrived on the first day I prepaid the room charges, parking and hotel tax (local). Parking is 5 euro and the hotel tax was 2.5 euro p night. I ate two breakfasts (15 EUR each and ordered one room service 19 EUR). But my bill at checkout was presented to me as being almost 100 percent more than it should have been. This was quickly resolved by a very understanding front desk lady.

Overall a unique place to stay and perhaps one worthy of a visit with a family and skis.

Stayed July 2013
Ipswich
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Clean, comfortable hotel, great ambience with friendly staff who help you to get the best out of your stay. Excellent facilities on site for the whole family, the 520m ski slope is a big attraction for us and we look forward to returning as soon as possible. We couldn't think of a better place anywhere in the world to spend our 25th Wedding Anniversary and the staff really helped to make it a perfect day and a perfect stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, England
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Why would you stay the night here? Like me, to have an awesome trip to the World's biggest snow dome of course!
Nestled quite out of the way you definitely don't just come here by accident. There's little else to see or do nearby and the nearest town is quite a drive away. But then with a huge snow dome right here, where else would you want to go?
After a huge day on the pistes it's great to be able to roll in to this ski in hotel. The hotel reception is part of the snow dome reception and the entrance is through the small collection of restaurants. You don't even need to go outside. Which is a bit weird given that you've just been skiing / boarding.
I stayed in a standard room that was pretty comfortable and very clean. The rooms are designed very imaginatively to fit everything in to such a small space and you really need to be good friends with whoever you're sharing with. There's only one room really, and a glass screen and basin is all that effectively separates the bed, toilet and shower. I'm not sure why space is such an issue here as it seems like it's in the middle of the countryside and space doesn't feel like it's at a premium. So why pack everything in like you're in the middle of Amsterdam? Maybe it's just the Dutch way.
The Swiss restaurant by the hotel entrance serves breakfast in the morning which is a standard hotel buffet affair. The food's pretty nice though and you can grab what you fancy. For other meals, you've got the choice of the other restaurants and bar in the Snow World complex. Some seemed to be permanently closed though as if I was out of season or something. Still plenty of choice though.
While I didn't see any staff around in the hotel itself I'm sure I could have got assistance if I needed it, which I didn't.
The whole place has been decorated like a typical generic Alpine resort with wooden panelling and red and white gingham all over the place. It does add to the atmosphere though and help you forget you're in The Netherlands and miles away from the nearest drop of real pow.

To get here I took a bus from Heerlen train station which took about 30 mins or so. To get back from Snow World I took a taxi which cost about €15 and only took about 10 mins.

Other stuff:
Room number 410
Tea making facilities in room - No
Toiletries - Yes and even had a free sample of [mens] moisturiser
TV channels - Standard cable channels
In room safe - Yes but no way to lock it
Internet - Can't remember

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landgraaf
Winselerhof
Golden Tulip Parkstad Zuid-Limburg
Kasteel Terworm
Kasteel Terworm
#2 of 6 in Heerlen

Been to Hotel SnowWorld Landgraaf? Share your experiences!