“Our new secret little date spot”
Review of Restaurant Bodrum - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
“Our new secret little date spot”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I visited Bodrum on the advice of a local friend. We have recently moved to Zurich from the US and are always up for a new experience. Our friend warned us that the restaurant isn't much to look at from the outside, but it is a pleasant surprise inside. Small, quaint, quirky, laid back, and completely lacking in pretense. The food was outstanding - really one of the best meals I have had here in Zurich. The appetizer assortment we were served was really interesting - things I would have never ordered, but loved and things I loved, but had no idea what I was eating! The fish was served and I was a bit intimidated - the fish was grilled whole and I had never eaten it this way. Thankfully it was so tasty and much easier to eat than I imagined. Prices were reasonable - especially for Zurich standards. We have already invited friends to join us on the patio there for dinner one more time before the summer ends.

• Visited August 2013

brisbane
“loved it”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

this place has a character. the owner is mostly tipsy, stuff is changing every week. don t go there for a romantic date or so.. simply it s a good alcohol drinking place with some fish mezes. probably at some point owner will sit at your table and chat a bit..

it s not in swiss quality but in mediterranen fun.

• Visited June 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Awful arrogant service”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

the waiter was unfriendly, he didnt want us in his Restaurant. The waitress was not allowed to take orders for food or drinks, it was chaos. We waited for almost an hour for our food. there is no menu, so you have no idea what the Prices are of the food! our starter plates were not removed when he brought our main course. No smile, no eye contact, no interest. Will not be returning.

Visited June 2013
Meilen, Switzerland
“43 CHF for fish soaked in oil.”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The decor of the restaurant makes you think this is one of those cheap places that might churn out great food. Unfortunately, it was crazy expensive (130 CHF) for 2 people in a cheap restaurant. I don't recommend at all.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank nomadic_cowboy
Bangkok, Thailand
“Small slection of great food (BBQ)”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Well - this probably one of those gems one needs to discover and learn to like. It is close to the lake, when sitting outside in the garden one can enjoy the view. In winter the place doesn't look too inviting from the outside to me. But I am a frequent guest there since many years and learned to like it. And actually inside it turned to be nice over the years, sitting outside on warmer days is great as well.

Now - the menue is short. Main dishes are usually fish (Dorade), scampi, steak, some mixed starter plate. But what you order is prepared fresh on a charcoal grill outside - be it summer or winter. It takes a while to get a whole fish grilled like that, but it is worthwhile to wait an hour for the fish. Just don't go there too hungry - and with boring company.

The restaurant is run by the same family since many years, they make the restaurant to kind of gem on the left side of the Zurich lake.

• Visited January 2012