“Check the returns policy!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of FoxTown Outlet

and up
Foxtown Outlet Shopping Tour
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Mendrisio
More attraction details
Owner description: FoxTown Factory Stores Mendrisio, the paradise of luxury and elegance, where 160 stores offer the most prestigious brands at prices discounted from 30% to 70% during whole year.Open 7 days a week from 11 am to 7pm including public holidays.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Check the returns policy!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The factory outlet mall itself is great, there are loads of stores and it feels like more of a mall you would find in USA and not Switzerland. One thing to be aware of is the stores policy if something is faulty. I bought a 140chf shirt in LA Martina, as it was a busy Saturday I just grabbed it and took it to the till. When I got home I realised it was covered in makeup and also had some sort of dark splashes of dye across the front. Disappointed and worried that it wouldn't come off I drove 4 hours the next day to return the shirt. La Martina shop staff were rude, they said it was my fault for not noticing it and it is the outlet policy not to get a refund on faulty goods. I asked her to call the manager but she said she didn't want to speak to me and said that's my fault for not noticing the dye on the shirt. She then offered me an exchange but as it is an outlet mall they had no other shirts in the whole store in my size. She then started to argue and calling me stupid! Well before I went here I loved shopping in La Martina but this whole experience has put me off shopping there and also the outlet mall. :-(

Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 343 helpful votes
“Biggest & Best in Switzerland...fact”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I've been to the one in Landquart and it's very also good but 1/5th the size of Fox Town and has less discounted items.

Fox town has excellent shopping opportunities for people in Switzerland and in neightbouring towns across the border.

It has lots of shops which offer great deals ranging between 30% to 70% discount. I found outstanding deals at the Boxeur des Rues store and at the Addidas store. Yes I'm young and sporty :).

We also had an excellent pizza for lunch at the pizzeria in the corner of one of the floors, far better than I've had at pizzerias in Zurich.

It is a 3 and half hour drive from Zurich but well worth it if you spend a night or 3 in Lugano, as we did.

We will return and and as often as possible.

There is no better shopping in Switzerland and that is why I rate it excellent.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Smoke_Trees
Surf City USA
356 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 381 helpful votes
“Huge Swiss Outlet Mall”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is probably Switzerland's largest outlet mall. The only other one I know of that might be comparable is in Landquart. There are at least four levels, with dozens of designer shops and outlets. Many brand names have only this location for outlets. Most offer fairly predictable selections of overstocks, discontinued items, end-of-season close-outs, and outlet-only schlock. Discounts are usually in the 15-20% range; some are more, some are less. The Armani store, surprisingly, seemed to have better values than most name-brand shops here. Some independent stores located here are used for close-outs on designer samples; there are some temporary stores set up to liquidate specific lots. Very popular place. Free parking is available, but people compete rudely for the occasional empty space. Lots of food places - some of it fairly good.

1 Thank jg3arrow
Wellington, New Zealand
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Not bad but only buy selectively”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

If you visit Milan, then take a trip to Foxtown in Switzerland. The journey is only 1 hour by car. You can join a shopping tour from Milan which costs Euro20 per person. You get to spend 4 hrs there.

You get some well-known designer brands like YSL, Gucci, Prada, etc., but very few top end ones. Prices are always worthwhile and can vary between the same product in different colours. You really have to keep your eyes on the price tags. Bring a calculator with you too, if you need to work out exchange rates. Tax refund at 5% only available if you spend CHF200 or more.

1 Thank JSU70866
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Some good deals”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you are a shopper and/or love name brands, you will probably love this place. We are neither, but did manage to spend quite a few hours looking for bargains and exploring the many levels and corridors of this mall - on a rainy day. It is an easy 10 minute walk from the Mendrisio train station - we never did find the bus to ride there. Food choices for lunch are too crowded, so plan to pack some staples. When we ordered, there was an hour wait for pizza, so be warned. We were in the area, so we went - would not make the trip just to go here, though.

1 Thank imkaced