“Stunning Service, Great Food, Family Hotel & Beautiful Swiss Village” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Piz Ela

and 1 more site!
Hotel Piz Ela
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Bergun
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
“Stunning Service, Great Food, Family Hotel & Beautiful Swiss Village”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

My wife, myself and 2 children 17 and 14 stayed for 8 nights over Christmas 2010 and New Year and had a fantastic stay. I am very fussy, have stayed in plenty of 5 star hotels and know good service. I could not pick a fault anywhere. Sonja & Martin from my first initial inquiry to the breakfast in the car they gave us on our drive back to the UK simply could not have been more helpful.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank 186264Hester44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

I highly recommend Piz Ela hotel (and Bergün and the Graubünden province and actually the whole Switzerland) because of friendliness of the people, high level quality service and its location, beautiful nature all around!

We spent here 4 nights in mid-August 2010 and everything was absolutely superb.

The booking procedure was smooth and efficient. Cca 1 week before our arrival I booked by phone a double room with washbasin, in a special rate (last minute promotions for weekdays) and my reservation was confirmed by email immediately.
Our dog stayed for free (after our stay in Piz Ela we had to move to Lenzerheide for some personal event. Hotel Kurhaus in Lenzerheide charged us 25 CHF (cca 25 USD) per night for the dog, which was outrageous !)
On arrival we received a lot of useful information and leaflets about the area. The hotel is in the centre of Bergün in a nice old well preserved building, with a restaurant downstairs. Train station was about 5 minutes walk.
Our room was on the third (top) floor - there is no lift, but it was not a problem for us.
Shared WCs and showers the corridor were always spotlessly clean and we never encountered other guests there.
The breakfast was good and the fresh crispy bread …mmm…the best I have ever eaten.
(I might not be impartial though because, in general, I find the food in Switzerland excellent.)
The hotel has a free parking for the guests and a bike/ski storage room.
Additionally as a hotel guest, you have unlimited access to the Darlux chairlift just outside Bergün, that saved us quite some vertical meters on our hiking trips.

I am out of superlatives so I will just finish my review by thanking to Martin and Sonja, the owners, and all their personnel for the fantastic time we had in Piz Ela and around Bergün. We hope to come back next year

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank ratje
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bergun
Hotel Weisses Kreuz
Hotel Albula
Hotel Albula
#3 of 5 in Bergun
Hotel Restaurant Bellevue

Been to Hotel Piz Ela? Share your experiences!