I cannot recommend this hotel for anyone with serious food allergies. My wife is coeliac and must avoid gluten at all costs. In a 3 day stay, she was presented with food containng gluten 3 times. We had to be constantly on our guard to make sure she did not eat gluten. Given that one cannot always recognise gluten in food, we ate our meals with some significant trepidation and could not relax.
In addition, my wife has Meniere's disease and must avoid salt wherever possible. But waiters would say there was no salt in food wihtout checking with the chef. On a couple ofoccasions, waiters assured us that a particular food had no salt but, after we had tasted the food, they agreed to check with the chef and sheepishly reported back that there was some salt.
We had decided to stay at this hotel primarily because it is supposed to be a very high quality "kur" hotel which suggests they should know about people with allergies. They assured us at check-in after detailed discussions and consultation with the chef that they could easily deal with all my wife's allergies and could give her tasty food. They failed abismally on both counts. On our second night there, my wife left the dinner hungry having been unable to find much she could eat out of the large aray of dishes offered. We got the distinct impression that the chef did not care about giving my wife suitable food.
When we discussed this with the manager, all he did was to say that he could not understand what had happened, that this was not their normal way of doing things, and that they always handle allergies well. He did apologise and sent flowers to our room (the latter was not much use as we were leaving the next day!).
At dinner that night things went better my wife's food was tastier but a waiter still delivered the wrong dish to my wife and the same happened at breakfast the next morning.
We had a lovely room, the spa was excellent when it was working which was not all the time - again a dissapointment as this was the second reason we went there.
We have never had an experience like this despite being very widely travelled.
This is a very expensive place to stay and we wouldn't have minded paying the price had the service been up to our expectations and up to what the hotel said it could and would do when we checked in.
I guess a positive thing to say is that the staff all smiled a great deal and seemed to be trying hard to please.
As I said, if you have serious allergies, think again before going to the Lenkerhof.
In respect to the optional questions, there was a free internet connection in the room but no free wi-fi. Free car parking was available outdoors but one would have had to pay to park underground which I guess you would want in winter. Spa was good when it worked but would be a bit small if the htel was full.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lenkerhof in Lenk close to Gstaad features a wide range of up-to-date wellness facilities including indoor and outdoor pools, saunas, steam baths and jacuzzis.You can unwind in the open-air sulphur pool, enjoy a massage, bathe in the music tub, or simply indulging in a beauty treatment.Fine à-la-carte Mediterranean or Swiss cuisine with a French touch is served in the restaurant. Combined with the stunning views from the winter garden you will enjoy a great dining experience. Wine tasting is offered from 18:00 to 18:30.The exclusively furnished rooms in the Lenkerhof Alpine Resort provide for a peaceful night's rest. The alcohol-free drinks at the minibar are free of charge.Private indoor parking is subject to a charge. Free parking outdoors is available as well ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lenkerhof gourmet spa resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lenkerhof Alpine Hotel Lenk-Simmental
- Lenkerhof Gourmet Spa Resort Switzerland/Lenk Im Simmental