“Second Time”
Review of Hotel Garni Centro

Hotel Garni Centro
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chiasso
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I´ve recently been at Garni for the second time in the last 6 months. The first time I spent 2 months there, and now only a couple of weeks. It´s impressive how they managed to create a cozy environment and a very personally treatment. I was very happy that I could feel like home again. I strongly recommend it, especially for business trips (just like mine).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Clovis L
There are newer reviews for Hotel Garni Centro

Reviewed March 11, 2014

What differentiates this hotel from the others is the way how you are treated. Whenever I was at the Hotel Garni Centro I felt like I was part of the family, and not (at all) just a simple guest
In fact, the owner, Matteo, and all of his staff, will make every effort to make sure every guest loves his/her stay as much as possible, like I've never seen in any other hotel.
Besides the personal touch, in this hotel everything else is carefully overseen, so you will find a modern, clean and very comfortable room, a well served breakfast and a staff always ready to attend to your needs.

Room Tip: If you want to see inside the hotel, the walk-in feature is available on Google Maps, and is exactly...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pedro F
Reviewed December 17, 2013

As every time I enjoyed the Hotel Garni Centro and will checkin again. The rooms are good and clean; the location is central and calm. The friendly and charming management is helpful all the time as the staff is.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andreas B
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I spent almost 2 months at the hotel, during a training I was doing in Chiasso. The service was amazing, very welcoming. All the staff are always ready to help you out.
It is a very small hotel, and the cozy ambiance is due the constant presence of the owner. He can manage your requests in a personal level, without the regular bureaucracy you face at bigger hotels.
Another high value issue is the free wifi. A very rare item at the other hotels in the surroundings. The connection was very good.
There were a couple of negative issues at first glance, but they were all bypassed during time.
I highly recommend the place and I hope to stay there again next time in Chiasso.

Room Tip: Ask in advance for a minifridge.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Clovis L
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Our MUSHINKAN Center for Continuing Education in the Movement Industry is absolutely thrilled by the satisfied feedback we got from attendees to various workshops who stayed at the Hotel Garni Centro in Chiasso:
perfect service, customer care and value for money.
It is certainly a good channel to make a good impression on our guests about this cosy little Town, as well as to our business image.

1  Thank Francesca C
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I decided to do a training course in Chiasso which was for 9 days spread over a 12 day period. I decided on hotel Garni Centro as it is 3 minutes away from the studio. I booked a double room as my fiancée was going to join me for three days. I rang to find out best way to get from the airport in Milan as the bus company did not have English on their site. Mateo rang up and booked a place on the bus for me and told me which exit and which parking bay to go to. This was fantastic as I was arrived late, having had to take 2 flights, and it was dark when I left the airport. The hotel is spotlessly clean and newly done up. The bed and bed linen are good quality. I was lent a charger and told I could keep it for the duration of my stay. Breakfast consists of cereals, fresh bread, cheeses, yogurts, peach halves, prunes, salami and fruit. The staff cannot do enough to make you comfortable and happy during your stay with them. Free wifi throughout which I really appreciated. The staff are great for recommending where to eat and what to do on days off. Overall I was delighted to stay here and for the fantastic customer service I received over my prolonged stay. If you coming to Chiasso do yourself a favour and stay here and Mateo and staff will make it a great experience.

1  Thank Blaithin2010
Reviewed October 28, 2013

It was a pleasure staying in your comfortable and very convenient accomodation just minutes away from the main station. I was less than 300m from the hotel to my business location and enjoyed the fast trip to work and back. The simple and modern design of the hotel offer a no-fuss service.
The hosts were very accomodating and willing to please with good knowledge of the local area. Easy check in and key-service to come and go as you please. I had a room facing the inside, towards a courtyard and received no noise from the street. The hotel was in this regard quiet and peacful. Eateries and cafes just a hop, skip and a jump away. Can well recommend the hotel to travellers passing through with the need to stay a few days. I will gladly return should I be back in Chiasso soon. Thank you once again:) and again, your dog is beautiful!

1  Thank HairyCanary11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiasso
Borgovico Hotel
#2 of 7 in Cernobbio
Hotel Engadina
Hotel Engadina
#13 of 32 in Como

Been to Hotel Garni Centro? Share your experiences!