“Swiss Trip 2006” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hilterfingen
Britain, Scotland, Ayrshire, Troon
“Swiss Trip 2006”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2007

I'm 14, and last year a school trip to Switzerland was organised, and I went along for the trip. The 10 day holiday was tremendous and I enjoyed it massively. The hotel, Schonbuhl, was excellent, our group had a floor to ourselves and all of us could simply hang around with each other whenever we please, downstairs we all liked to stay up and talk and play cards. The view from my hotel room was spectacular.
The food was also fantastic, there was only one dessert that I didn't like, but that is only due to my personal disliking for pineapple. Food was varied and there was always a different culinary dish for us every night, and for those who had special requirements(vegetarian, allergic to gluten), those requirements were met.
The staff were very helpful and made our stay at the hotel easily enjoyable as well. Also, after traveling around Switzerland, we would return to our hotel, which many of us called home, and have a great time in the pool. We were fortunate enough to have great weather, every day before dinner we would go into the pool and play water volleyball with our friends. Then everyone would enjoye dressing and preparing for dinner.
I would definetely recommend this hotel to anybody, unfortunately, the hotel(I heard) specialises in groups, and if you are a sole traveller, then you might not be able to stay. However groups of people on a trip should definetely try the Schonbuhl, it was part of my very memorable Swiss experience and I loved it.

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank BobbjobG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilterfingen
Hotel Restaurant Bellevue au Lac
#6 of 9 in Thun
Parkhotel Gunten
Parkhotel Gunten
#1 of 1 in Gunten

Been to Hotel Schonbuhl? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Schonbuhl

Property: Hotel Schonbuhl
Address: Dorfstrasse 47 | 3652 Hilterfingen, Hilterfingen 3652, Switzerland
Location: Switzerland > Canton of Bern > Hilterfingen
Bar / Lounge Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hilterfingen
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Schonbuhl 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Schonbuhl reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.