“Great place”

Hotel Restaurante Sa Punta
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Pals
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Great place to stay on the Costa Brava. Very pretty setting, about a 5 minute walk down to the beach. The beach here is about 5-6 miles long and very wide. The restaurant is quite expensive but the food is outstanding. Breakfast buffet is a good deal if you eat a lot for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank BCTaustin
There are newer reviews for Hotel Restaurante Sa Punta

Reviewed May 3, 2011

My husband and I, 2 NYers in our 30s, planned to stay at Sa Punta for 3 nights in July 2010. We ended up only staying for 2. Here’s why. After reading the reviews we were so excited for a few nights of r & r after jumping around Spain and France. Walking into the hotel lobby was like taking a step back in time and being transported to a cruise ship cerca 1980. There was a cabinet with gawdy jewelry for sale, old floral furniture and a lot of gold and glass. The receptionist was very pleasant and kind and gave us the keys to our room.

The room: The room itself was fine if you like mauve and teal…again very 1980s. The strangest part was the half empty crystal bottle of scotch and 2 goblets that was on the table as a guest welcome. We overlooked the parking lot.

The grounds: Very well maintained and nice. The pool was salt water and warm.

The restaurant: HORRIFIC! This was the most disappointing part, as most reviews ranted and raved about the food. It was extremely overpriced and downright bad. The service was stuffy and poor. We were handed an English menu and the waiter bragged how they had a menu in every language. Too bad the entrees were poorly translated: “Lobster in his cream.” Nasty! My husband and I had the tasting menu, so I think it’s fair to say we got a pretty accurate picture of the food. There was not one thing I enjoyed eating, and that rarely happens. There was a bottle of water placed on our table and after about 20 minutes of staring at an empty glass, my husband picked up bottle to pour the water. Out of nowhere, a waiter came, grabbed the bottle from my husband’s hands and said, “No. It’s my work.” He then left with the bottle. We did not drink water that night. The staff was on edge the whole night, probably because of the owner’s imposing presence. The owner of the resort strutted his around the dining room, not doing a thing except drink and smoke with his dining sychophants. Perhaps these were the servile flatterers who posted on Trip Advisor all the good things about the food.

Breakfast: Breakfast was a buffet and guests were really aggressive about getting food. No bueno.

Pals is a small town with few dining options nearby. The second night of our stay we drove about 40 minutes to Girona, where we ate at a great restaurant “Sa Gatonera.” I highly recommend it.

After 2 nights of staying at Sa Punta, we decided it was time to move on to the next leg of out trip: Barcelona. We stayed at the Hotel Soho and Hotel Jazz and our vacation went on happily ever after.

I know I said a lot of not so good things about Sa Punta. In reality, it was a nice, decent place, but definitely not all it’s cracked up to be. It has a lot of potential, but it seems to be stuck in a rut of mediocracy that most others seem to enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank NYJanet
Reviewed November 5, 2010

More expensive than most places, but very well kept. People friendly. Rooms excellent. Very quiet place to be if you need to get a good night's sleep. We ate there (not much else is close) - see that review as well - is very good, but like hotel, pricey.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2010

We had a superior double for 110 Euros in September, not including breakfast. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. I thought the price was pretty good. The exterior of the hotel is not very attractive, but inside the grounds are lush and well tended. The breakfast was OK, but not great. The hotel restaurant is fancy and expensive and not what we were looking for. The hotel is located in the middle of maze of hillside roads, and is hard to get to coming from Begur (easier from Pals). There is no sea view. They charged more than they had agreed to, both for the room and for breakfast. The amount was trivial, but I didn't like it. They had some unintelligible excuse about seasonal taxes (which they should have known about when they accepted the reservation). They had free wifi, but it only seemed to work for one day (both for me and another guest I spoke to).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2010

perfect hotel. big room + balcony.
mini bar. TV. free parking (indoor + outside)
Very friendly staff. swimming pool.
splednid resturant very delicious food.
rich wine cellar .
had some trouble with wireless.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Sa Punta for one night and wish we could have stayed longer. Our room was spacious and decorated beautifully. The common areas of the hotel were attractive and comfortable.

The staff was very accommodating and the service in the restaurant was excellent. We had a wonderful meal and enjoyed sitting on the terrace with a drink after dinner.

I would rate this hotel as four star and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable, affordable hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keen3
Reviewed July 12, 2009

A well equipped hotel, lovely grounds, 5 minute walk to beach. There is a very long paved hilly walking path all along the coast and access from this hotel is very easy. Best of all, the service is impeccable, pleasant and polite. I am in the midst of a week-long Spain vacation, and this was a great find. One should be aware that the beach of Pals is somewhat touristy, not 'undiscovered', but it is clean and safe.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pals
La Costa Golf & Beach Resort
Hotel Restaurant Galena Mas Comangau
Salles Hotel Mas Tapiolas
Salles Hotel Mas Tapiolas
#1 of 2 in Santa Cristina d'Aro

Been to Hotel Restaurante Sa Punta? Share your experiences!