Each September, we take a city break but as the weather has been so poor this year, we decided to take a different type of break - more relaxing with some "guaranteed" sunshine. We agonised on where to book and were heavily influenced by Trip Advisor reviews. This is NOT luxury class and our immediate impressions were that is a very good 3 star. However as the week progressed, we began to appreciate the experience that they were delivering and the fact that the hotel is a little "tired", the staff more than compensated for it.
The food is very average and after the first evening, where my wide was unable to eat either of the 2 main dishes praesented to her, we ate all evening meals in local restaurants. (the restaurant did not charge us for her main dishes and gave us both a desert at no fee - without being asked. Excellent attempt to retrieve the situation which we appreciated)
The hotel was less than half full and if you want a relaxing break in mid summer avoid. If however you have a young family, then the pool facilities and resident safety attendant, will make it a great choice.
It is adjacent to the golf course which we used - it's 40 euro for 18 - a little expensive for what it delivers, but OK for "holiday golf" - not for golfing groups that want more of a challenge. 40e is based on hotel residency.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort La Costa is a 4 star hotel located nearby the beach of Pals (Costa Brava). Inside the complex you have a tropical pool, tennis cort and direct access to Golf de Pals , with a fairway nestled among magnificent ancient pines, is the oldest course on the Costa Brava. Situated 45 minutes from Girona, 1:35h from Barcelona and 1:20h from France. The Hotel has 120 rooms, including doubles and suites, all with a view of the sea, the swimming pool or the golf course. It’s an ideal place to enjoy family holidays, or for a luxury break with your partner. The hotel’s cuisine, with its buffets and varied venues for your celebrations, is typically Mediterranean. Its large tropical swimming pool, beach club and watersports centre for the summer season make the Resort one of the most popular spots for fans of all types of excursions and watersports, such as Hobie Cat sailing, windsurfing, kayaking or diving. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Costa Golf & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Costa Golf & Beach Hotel Pals
- La Costa Golf And Beach Resort
- La Costa Hotel Beach
- La Costa Golf & Beach Resort Pals, Costa Brava, Spain