“Scuba diving with kids”

Octopus Scuba School
Ranked #4 of 9 things to do in Pals
More attraction details
Owner description: Family run Scuba Diving School and Centre in Pals, Costa Brava, Spain- From your 1st time diving - through to Dive Professionals - We can accommodate for all levels of Scuba Diving. New for 2014 - Purchase of our new diving boat - Octopus 1 (Photos soon!) New for 2013 - Octopus Scuba School are please to announce our new store open for business - From Fins to Wet suites and Regulators - Boat Tours - Bike Hire and Snorkel trips...
Stamford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scuba diving with kids”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Having not dived for approximately 20 years, I decided to introduce my 12 and 14 year old to The Sport on a recent holiday to Pals, Spain. I have dived in 7/8 different countries in the past however have never had such a thorough and patient instructor as AJ and his assistant Harry. They reassured me that my children were in safe hands. The taster session, learning how to use the regulator, clear the mask etc were all performed in the safety of their own swimming pool. There was no clock watching. Only when everyone was ready did we venture down the road to a sheltered bay called Aiguablava. This translates as "blue water" in Catalan Spanish. The water was crystal clear and blue! Here we dived to 6 or 7 metres and saw some tiny blue fish (Nemo's friend Dory!?) and an Octopus, anemones and other wildlife. Got some great photos!

Both of my children loved it! They are keen to return and learn more about SCUBA. I've been desperately trying to get them off their i pads and learn windsurfing, however it would appear that they both prefer SCUBA thanks to OCTOPUS SCUBA School, Pals (www.OCTOSCUBA.COM).

I forgot to mention, despite being the busy season, there was only myself and my two children in our group. AJ likes to restrict numbers to three in a group when people are learning!!! So we had a ratio of 2:3. Thank you X

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Laura B

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best!!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Diving exellent!!
service the best!!
love you octopus scuba!!
nice family run school,the have there own boat..very cheap prices

Visited July 2014
3 Thank tomchristiaens
Barcelona, Spain
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Over the past month my family has been working with Jane and the crew of Octopus. We wanted to re-certify two adults and certify two children (ages 10 and 13). The experience was AMAZING. Jane and her crew were gentle, supportive and patient. Neither child had done any diving and the youngest was quite nervous. It could not have been better. Jane and crew were real experts and always helped us to learn in a supportive way. I have already recommended them to friends and we are excited to go back to Pals and do more diving with Octopus.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank suzanneps
Selsey, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great family run business with a Walmart welcome”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Baz, Jane and family will always make you welcome with great quality diving, training and equipment.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Dave H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The best scuba school in spain”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

After going 5 jears to spain to dive , this is the best scuba school ever , the service , the kinedness , the loving , everything is taking care off for you !!!! Just wait at you're house , you're geare is ready and when you come back everything will be cleaned for you !! This is realy the best scuba school in spain and beyond !! I am coming back every year !!!! Sorry for my english , i am from belgium ;)

Visited May 2013