“Excellent quality with a very competitive price”

Restaurante Celler Sant Antoni
Ranked #6 of 192 Restaurants in Blanes
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Barcelona, Spain
“Excellent quality with a very competitive price”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We decided to try the 'textures menu' ( 25 Euros pax without drinks) and it was an excellent decision. There were 6 different elaborated dishes + desert. All of them were very very elaborated. The menu was really cheap if you take into account the quality of the dishes served.

The bill for two people was 72 Euros (50 Euros menu + 17 Euros wine + coffee+water).

• Polish first
Almere, The Netherlands
“Surprising good menus”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

A nice restaurant with a terrace on the boulevard. We ate the dinner menu (not expensive) and very good. A lot of very tasteful plates served in nice dishes. Surprising combinations of food and a lot of work for the cook. We loved it.
I read the review of Angry mumm and had to laugh about the description of the garlic bread
. Maybe some people would rather read something about the places they visit. You were in Catalonia and that is typical roasted garlic bread. Lack of interest of information for many tourists.

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing Food”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

This was my least favourite restaurant in Blanes, although the staff were lovely the food was not. My boyfriend decided to be adventurous and ordered the pig trotter starter (hoping for an actual trotter) but was presented with a few slithers of fatty, tasteless meat. I opted for a tuna salad starter which was nice apart from the whole turnip amongst the salad ! For me the fisherman style paella was inedible as it tasted exactly like sea water and the chocolate cake was a dry, bitter let down. We chose from the set menu as the main menu was very expensive for what you get (e.g fried scollops main for €14 with no sides, just scollops) and other dishes going up to €60. I can't fault the staff here but unfortunately this was not an enjoyable meal for us.

1 Thank Emmalou91
Chisinau, Moldova
“Seafood meals out of this world!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I can only recommend Sant Antoni as one of the best places to get an idea of real Catalan gastronomy. The seafood paella for 2 persons, which is their speciality, was awesome! We also loved the way we were served and the homemade bread and desserts as well. The lady whose husband is the chef was absolutely nice and helpful trying to please our tastes. It's a pity that it was on the very last day of our stay in Blanes when we got to Sant Antoni, othervise we would have come again and again.

“Bizarre experience”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Looks lovely from the outside, that's the best I can say about this restaurant. I ordered a 3 course set meal for €16.50 and my husband ordered garlic bread and a pasta dish. The 'garlic bread' came first if you could describe it as that, it was 2 slices of toasted bread along with a dish of 3 whole tomatoes and about 6 whole cloves of garlic, unpeeled. I presume this was a DIY garlic bread. There was also a dish of Ali oli served in an ashtray! Before my husband had chance to make his own garlic bread they brought his main course along with my starter of baked apples and goats cheese (which was actually quite nice) but surely you don't serve one person with their main course and another with their starter together. The parmesan cheese also came in an ashtray! Of course by the time I had finished my starter my husband had also finished his main course. They then collected his plate and brought my main course. I had ordered the recommended salt cod and ratatouille. As soon as I started to eat my fish it became apparent that the cod was raw. I sent it back to be told it was meant to be raw. At no point was I told it was going to be raw, even asking for details of how it is cooked. I do not want to eat raw fish, if I did I would have gone to a Japanese restaurant! By this time my husband had nothing to do as he had already had his main course and had his plate cleared. I decided not to have anything else instead as I didn't want to sit waiting for something new to be cooked and then eat it after my husband had already finished his meal which was served at the wrong time! I also didn't want the dessert as I had had enough of the bad experience so far. We got the bill to find that we had not been charged the full €16.50 but just €9 for the starter, that meant the main course and dessert would have jointly cost less than the starter! We questioned this and was told that was the cost of the starter. We begrudgingly paid the bill and certainly did not leave a tip. Not sure how this restaurant is rated no.2 in Blanes, doesn't say much for the other restaurants!

2 Thank Angry_mumm