“Bizarre experience”

Restaurante Celler Sant Antoni
Ranked #8 of 191 Restaurants in Blanes
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Bizarre experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Looks lovely from the outside, that's the best I can say about this restaurant. I ordered a 3 course set meal for €16.50 and my husband ordered garlic bread and a pasta dish. The 'garlic bread' came first if you could describe it as that, it was 2 slices of toasted bread along with a dish of 3 whole tomatoes and about 6 whole cloves of garlic, unpeeled. I presume this was a DIY garlic bread. There was also a dish of Ali oli served in an ashtray! Before my husband had chance to make his own garlic bread they brought his main course along with my starter of baked apples and goats cheese (which was actually quite nice) but surely you don't serve one person with their main course and another with their starter together. The parmesan cheese also came in an ashtray! Of course by the time I had finished my starter my husband had also finished his main course. They then collected his plate and brought my main course. I had ordered the recommended salt cod and ratatouille. As soon as I started to eat my fish it became apparent that the cod was raw. I sent it back to be told it was meant to be raw. At no point was I told it was going to be raw, even asking for details of how it is cooked. I do not want to eat raw fish, if I did I would have gone to a Japanese restaurant! By this time my husband had nothing to do as he had already had his main course and had his plate cleared. I decided not to have anything else instead as I didn't want to sit waiting for something new to be cooked and then eat it after my husband had already finished his meal which was served at the wrong time! I also didn't want the dessert as I had had enough of the bad experience so far. We got the bill to find that we had not been charged the full €16.50 but just €9 for the starter, that meant the main course and dessert would have jointly cost less than the starter! We questioned this and was told that was the cost of the starter. We begrudgingly paid the bill and certainly did not leave a tip. Not sure how this restaurant is rated no.2 in Blanes, doesn't say much for the other restaurants!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Angry_mumm

• Polish first
Blanes, Spain
“Great family do here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We decided to choose this restaurant for a large family do and we are pleased we did!
There is a large choice of food and some set menus which are excellent value and quality. Both their paella and seafood were great - recommended 100%.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very Good restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had a very good meal definately one of the best in Blanes. Good service and good value enjoyed by two families aged from 50-13.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Boothy-Visitor
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Very good restaurant in Blanes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you are looking for seafood this is the best place you can go. Fish is very fresh, service is really good and you pay for what you eat without any bad surprise.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mark M
“Superb service - very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

After several cathastrophic food experiences along the Blanes Beach this was a very positive surprise!! Go for the seafood is our advice

• Visited July 2013