“Still as good as I remembered”
Review of El Celler De La Puntaire - CLOSED

El Celler De La Puntaire
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Little family restaurant of just 22 seats, managed by an italian Sommelier and a spanish Chef. They offer local seasonal products prepared with traditional recipes from Catalonia, Basque country and Italy, with a contemporary and light take. Little but interesting wine list.
New York City, New York
“Still as good as I remembered”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I returned happily to see el celler is still plating outstanding dishes of the same quality I remembered. The most welcome addition were the anchovies which the chef makes himself. The perfect amount of salt the perfect meatiness and on the "glass bread" with some oil and greens, OUTSTANDINGLY GOOD. I actually ate here three times on this stay, one lunch and two dinners, as always I highly recommend. This was and is still the best meal I have had in Spain.

• Visited July 2013

“Can't imagine there's better in blanes”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our expierence about 'el celler de la puntaire'.

We came to blanes for the opening night of the fireworkshow and we wanted to go a good restaurant first. The recommended restaurant(by our travelguide) and all the others where full.
So we went here, after i found it on travelguide ;) and stood for a closed gate at 20.00 It would opened at 21.00, wich was also good because they had place! So we made reservations and went to drink something somewhere else.

At nine we came back and understood the openingtimes better. Its a small cozy restaurant run by a husband and wife. And they only serve lunch and diner. It had room for 20-25 people, and a 3-course menu for €25. You had to take the 3 courses if u wanted to dine here. That was also perfect for us because we wanted that.

The waitress (the wife) explained the whole menu and translated it completely. She knew what she was serving (+1) and explained where the products came from (again +1). It became instant clearly this restaurant was run with warmth and love for food.
The used product where day-fresh, really good quality and community purchased. The dishes where creative, everything was home-made (even the ketchup!) and perfectly balanced.
Everything on my plate by itself was a treat and combined was just simply golden!

To the waitress, if u open a restaurant in Holland, like I asked u, please contact me ;) !
I had the best night and the best food I ever had in a restaurant.

Thank you for your hopitality, service and everything else!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Paul L
Barcelona
“Solido”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Food is fantastic, of that there can be no doubt, tip my hat to the chef & all that. the only thing that stuck in my craw was the lunchtime menu, you can only have it if the whole table is having it..made no sense as there were 3 of us out 5 wanting it...thus if we went to sit on another seperate table we would qualify for it? that plus several of the options on the normal menu were not available- suprising for saturday lunchtime.

but all that aside very good food, would expect to pay more etc.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank nocomo
Barcelona
“great value”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Quiet place, low music, superb food, attentive service, importance to every detail... What else could one ever ask for?

• Visited August 2011
5 Thank Nurian
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent value lunch set menu”
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We recently took a day trip from Barcelona to Blanes by train and went to this restaurant on the recommendations from this site.

There was a limited menu but for €12 the 3 course set menu lunch was brilliant. We both had the tomato pesto pasta for entree which was simple but delicious. We followed that with Spinach risotto for me and baked swordfish with olive tapenade and tomato salsa for my gf. Again both simple but excellent.

For dessert we got panna cotta. A beer for me and half bottle of rosé for the gf was included.

The staff were very helpful and the decor is very cute although unlike most other places in Blanes there is no view. It seemed to be very popular with local business types.

I highly recommend this restaurant.

3 Thank mp6283