I really loved my time here and at the beach. Nice clean, very simple, modern rooms although you don't get too much light in the spa rooms. The kids club is great, there are really nice people. The views are spectacular! The fake closet doors that open to the bathroom are unique. Although there is a closet we kept our suitcases on the floor. The people also speak all different languages. The automatic sink, and the motion sensor lights in the hallways are great ideas to help the environment. But no tissues really through me off, I stayed there when I had a bad cold. Overall it doesn't really matter about the rooms, because the beach is what you should spend your most time at. There are boats with slides, kayaks, paddle boards and all sorts of things. But you need to pay for the beach chairs and umbrellas, so our friends sat on the sand. It was really a nice stay, the people were nice, the views were great and the hotel was great for the environment too. But you may want to bring your own beach towels, as the hotel does not provide them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legacy Hostal Empuries stands on an ancient settlement, beside the Greek and Roman ruins of Empuries, whose beauty and tranquility attracted the Iberians as much as the Greek seafarers and the first Romans who settled the Iberian Peninsula. Moreover this is the place from which the mythic country of Emporda took its name. This privileged location is the actual cradle of our culture and the only Greek and Roman archaeological site in the whole peninsula. Consequently, to protect and enrich this legacy is one of the main objectives of the Hostal. The History The original construction of Hostal Empuries appeared in 1907, under the name of Villa Teresita, with the idea of giving lodgings to the first archaeologists, who directed by Puig i Cadafalch, set out on the job of excavating and restoring the Greek and Roman remains. From these historic beginnings the Hostal changed at the start of the 20C and became the precursor to touristic lodgings in the area, even before the use of the term Costa Brava. Years ago there was a change of management in the Hostal which undertook to finish extensive reforms with the idea that activities should flourish throughout the entire year and that the badly run-down site would be restored. With the same pioneering spirit of the ancients and the ability to responsibly and sensitively modify this magical spot, alongside the exacting requirements of the modern tourist, the Hostal is really striving to transform itself into a new reference point, a new model of tourism under the name of Sustainable Tourism, founded on social and ecological responsibility. The spirit The new Hostal Empuries is a project based on the idea of improving the world in which we live and share so that future generations might also enjoy themselves. We would like to become the best Hostal for our world... for a world where we all belong and for the Earth that surrounds us. Accordingly, we take our responsibility for managing this site very seriously and we endevour to serve all those who come to enjoy this encounter with nature and history of which we proudly form a part. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Prestigia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Hostal Spa Empuries reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Empuries l Escala
- Hostal Empuries Hotel l Escala
- Hostal Spa Empuries Spain/Costa Brava