“marvelous meal”
Review of Mocambo

Mocambo
Ranked #23 of 159 Restaurants in L'Escala
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Specializing in all types of pasta with seafood , lobster spaghetti al , mezze maniche with tuna and pistachio , Sicilian cassata , etc.
Meise, Belgium
“marvelous meal”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

we did this nice restaurant on our yearly vacation in Calalunya. Superbe chef and service;The owner does everything you ask for it

The limonecello was mmmmmm

• Visited July 2013

Ghent, Belgium
“Best pasta and lobster ever”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Although we like any kind of good food, pasta and lobster is one of our favourites. It's a simple meal and it seems not so difficult to prepare, but I already saw it ruined in a lot of places. Not at Mocambo: the pasta was cooked as it should be (only Italians can do this;)), refined with the right amount of olive oil and spices. The lobster was well cooked and still juicy and "cracked" in the right places. Also desserts are rather special and worthwile. Finishing the meal with a good espresso and some housemade limoncello, made this meal perfect for us. I think (!) we will go back next time when we are in L'Escala.

• Visited July 2013
Bristol
“Excellent food, caring service.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a quirky looking place inside and out but don't be put off. We went early eveing and were first there, bit off putting but we were made welcome. The menu and specials were explained by the chef with great enthusiasm. My wife had a fillet steak, the best she has tasted in many a year she said! Chef came out of the kitchen again to ask her exactly how she wanted it cooked. I had a seafood risotto special which was absolutely delicious. We shared a hot smoked cheese starter, it was all excellent. Washed down with a delightful bottle of Italian white wine that I have never heard of! Cost with tips 95 € well worth it.

London, United Kingdom
“Exellent Italian food”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have been at this superb restaurant and I really enjoyed the best Italian food in Spain.
The owners are very friendly and they gave me fantastic hospitality and I felt a very important guest.
Food was top draw, proper Italy and I had a brilliant experience.
I will come back for sure!
Enjoy!

London
“Great place, brilliant food, very very personal service.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Some guy on here think that the place is under going refurbishment. It's not, and thank goodness for that! Brilliant experience and even with 2 kids under the age of 7. Food was top draw, proper Italy (no pizzas in sight),the owners were so friendly that you want to learn Italian just to talk to them, and it seemed like the whole Italian community in Escala was in here. Highly recommended.