Can Miquel
Bell Aire Hotel(L'Estartit)
Hotel Santa Anna(L'Estartit)
Hotel Medes II(L'Estartit)
  • Pool
All reviewsfamily runswimming poolfantastic locationstayed heresandy beachhotel is locatedmiguelflashbaybalconygarageempuries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I live in L'escala and haven't been to this restaurant before. I went with 2 friends and we had the menu del dia for 14€. For the first course I had the mussels and they were the best I had ever tasted. The sauce was delicious and was thoroughly mopped up with the fresh bread. For the second course I had the grilled lamb chops. They were served with asparagus, fresh mushrooms and homemade chips. They served leg chops,which is not usual here and they were cooked to perfection. There was a good selection of deserts but I settled for the ice cream as I was so full. I was not disappointed as the ice cream was home made and delicious. The menu included wine, water, bread and tax. I will certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We only had a meal here rather than use the hotel. My wife had baby squid fried in batter, as a starter. She got a dinner plate full and the batter was light and crisp. Good one! My starter was carpaccio of tuna on guacamole. Again, very unusual but beautifully done. Another good one. My wife's main was tagliatelle with mushroom and truffle with a poached egg on top. She loved it. My
Main was a brochette of monkfish, salmon and prawns on a bed of mixed rices with mushrooms and vegetables. Another winner. For a sweet, my wife had creme catalan which again was an excellent example of how it should be made. My sweet was a plate of dried fruit and nuts surrounding a flute of moscatel wine. An unusual combination that worked very well. The waiter who served us provided good guidance on selection of a suitable wine - and very good it was too.
The downside to our visit was that the restaurant lacked atmosphere and the staff were running about too much to provide any major friendly contact. The food was great but the "eating out" experience was only middling. It was good value and the food was great but these few details improved could change the experience from " O.K." to truly amazing.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank BioToxic1
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a lovely pleasant hotel situated off the beaten track from the town of L'Escala (about 5-10 minute drive away). The 'Can Miquel Hotel' is set in a small bay that feels relaxing and tranquil. The rooms are modern, clean and a decent size without having the extras. The bathroom was nice! Breakfast was a simple continental, but with great views looking out onto the bay. We travelled in March so the whether was not warm enough to utilise the pool or the sea, but would imagine that this would be very nice during the summer months. All in all, an excellent hotel in a relaxing location for the money we paid.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LockyNuria
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Can Miguel earlier this month.
Unfortunately we only managed to stay for one night.
The Hotel was very busy as it was a bank holiday weekend and they could only offer us the one night.
We were travelling by moterbike and just managed to find this little gem of a Hotel.
Super clean, very comfortable beds, simple fresh decor, nice little balcony.
The restaurant was comfortable and menu was of great choice and local tasty fayre.
The young lady suggested one of her favourite Hotels only half an hour away and even phoned them for us to say we would be going.
Hotel set in a pretty little cove with crystal clear waters and sandy beach.

This small Hotel we highly recommend, would definately go back, but for longer next time!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jayne b
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We can't speak highly enough of this hotel.

It's in a wonderful position and the staff are as friendly and helpful as anyone could be.

The restaurant food is simply wonderful. So fresh and varied each evening.

One small thing, and it is the only little thing, in late September it would have been wonderful if the pool was heated.

Otherwise. 10 out of 10 all round.

Go on and treat yourselves with total confidence.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view in the early or late months.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple