“Despite its location don't hesitate to enter”

Can Bosch Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 258 Restaurants in Cambrils
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013

It's a classic one star's Michelin guide in Tarragona. It has a lot of elements according to its high class but, in my opinion it needs to improve some aspects like its location or maybe permitt to park your car near the restaurant, because it's quite difficult. Another characteristic is the waiters handling. I expected a high level related to the supposed place's level...
But, all the food is so good, I recommend it, of course!
P.S. All the dishes are Versace's brand...

There are newer reviews for Can Bosch Restaurant

Reviewed July 17, 2013

If you feel the old 'this is how people like it done here' shtick is acceptable then don't read on.

The room was cool, tastefully decorated and comfortable. The clientele prosperous and the first course and drinks admirable.

My grouse? On what was a predominantly fish/seafood menu I chose a sole (grilled). I was dismayed that it was served filleted but I did try it...and it was barely lukewarm. I had it taken away. It then reappeared reheated...I ate it as I was in company. The quality control point I made to the front of house person was that there was no choice given and that it was barely lukewarm. It was meant to be helpful but was recieved with a: well that's the way people like it here.

That's unlikely...and given an international as well as a sophisticated local clientele most fish lovers want a sole hot and with the bone in.

Instead of being a great experience it was a third rate one. I'm happy to pay for quality and this was not it. Having asked for the bill three times I then had to insist, heavily, that the cost of the sole be deducted.

What a shame...

8  Thank Mike-in-London
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Estupendo. Lunch at Can Bosch today was excellent in every way. It felt good as we walked in from an unprepossessing street and it got better. Thanks to TripAdvisor for pointing us to this gem. Starting with the mundane: the layout and décor of the restaurant provides a comfortable environment – tasteful, warm and welcoming. More important: the quality of service was impeccable – the perfect combination of efficiency, timing and dialogue that helped to make it an unusually enjoyable and memorable experience. But of course it is the food that is the ultimate test and that was exceptional. We had the Menú Degustació and the high note set by the first taster was brilliantly maintained through to the last. Presentation was faultless, texture combinations stimulating but what we revelled in most of all was the seriously clever combination of flavours. Not only was each of the individual and distinctive dishes a pleasure but they complemented each other expertly, creating a memorable whole. From our own experiences, this was well up the Michelin scale, certainly on the way to a second star.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We got recommeded Can Bosch by our concierge and thought it would be well worth a visit. Despite an international event taking place in Cambrils, we easily got a table and the restaurant never really filled up.
Service was really good and very attentive. There was as well nothing wrong with the food or any other part of what they offered. It just lacks the WOW you might expect from a place decorated with a Michelin star. Al dishes are well presented, of good quality and nicely prepared......basically just like at any other place of decent quality.

5  Thank Gomess1
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We had one of the menus there with different small dishes. Fantastic, carefully prepared, little explosive units for your taste buds. And the dishes were marvels for the eyes too. The winecard is spectacular by the way. For under 100 euro for 2, this is incredible and has to be a must if you're in Cambrils !