“Delicous”
Review of Costa Verde

Costa Verde
Ranked #49 of 290 Restaurants in Cambrils
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Specialty pizzas, meat and fish barbecue. Menus varied from Mon-Fri € 13.95 And € 15.50 Paella menu children's menu, large heated terrace and air-conditioned living room, play area with park.
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Great quality food and good portion size. Children’s meal is small but perfect for younger kids. Overall very nice and staff are very friendly

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

We had a fabulous evening meal hear such a change from the usual strip food all six of us loved our meals which were perfectly cooked our waiter was lovely and we didn’t speak any Spanish and he was very patient with us and very professional .we will be back as it was one of the nicest meals we had in the five years visiting cambril park resort,,, recommend the Anniversary meal and the homemade creme brûlée and the grilled prawns

Date of visit: July 2018
Vicente L, Gerente at Costa Verde, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Thanks very much.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Wow what can you say. We went in as we've three young kids and it seem idyllic. Small play area to keep them entertained and a good menu. Arrived in and there were about 6 tables in use. We sat down and were given menus straight away. Food looked and sounded so lovely. About 15mins later our order finally got taken. No cuttlery or anything ever arrived on the table, or anyones table for that matter. Two other tables who were waiting on food also had nothing.

Eventually some diners started walking around to see if there were any cuttlery at a service area or something. A box of knives was all that was there. The kids food came out about 20 mins after ordering and good god it was a shocker. Our eldest who absolutely loves pizza ate one slice of his ham and cheese and didn't want anymore. I tasted it and the dough wasn't cooked through. We told the waitress and she offered to to replace it but he didn't want another. The other two boy meals were ok (nuggest and chips).

While waitin gfor our food orders randomly started to appear out of the kitchen. Many tables were laughing at chefs holding pizzas asking who ordered xyz, nobody had. This happened about 3 times. The third time got a great laugh.

20mins after the kids had finished our food arrived and it was ok. Luckily some waiting staff had found some cutlery so we actually had forks at this point. This is the first time I've ever eaten ribs in any restaurant and not gotten a cleaning bowl. So I had to walk to the bathroom with dirty hands to clean them.

The great service didn't end there. Out came deserts which we never ordered while we were still eating our mains. The table beside us, a party of 8 only got half their orders. So the rest of that table left and went to burger king. Another table got tired of waiting so just accepted one of the random dishes that came from the kitchen.

When I asked for the bill it was wrong and I had to get it corrected despite the girls insistence that I had ordered the deserts and had to pay for them as they came out to our table. We just laughed. At this point it was a running joke in the dining area and was known for the following few days as "fawlty towers" in Cabrils park.

All I'll say is if you don't care if you get food or not, or even the food that you ordered and are looking for some lighthearted entertainment go here. It's an experience. If on the other hand you're actually looking for dinner avoid it at all costs.

If they struggle this badly in June with only a few tables occupied I'd love to see it in peak season!

Date of visit: June 2018
Vicente L, Gerente at Costa Verde, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

The truth is that I have taken 20 minutes to read your review. I would have to be very happy to at least find him smiling. but believe me he did not take it from me. I work a lot every day to do things well and I do not take to laughter, our comparative work seems insulting to me. We are an unpretentious Michelin star restaurant. We serve food, we do not save lives, we leave that to the doctors. but we do not allow anyone to laugh at the people who are working. .35 years we have been doing the same, believe me I have not done so badly for you to come with this criticism. I am sorry that the service was bad is not the usual tonic. but I see that you are a great editor. I'm glad you found it so well.

Reviewed June 14, 2018

We actually stayed in the apartments attached to this restaurant a number of years ago and they are very basic but the food was always very good so we returned to sample their menu again. We ordered pizza for the kids and it came out shaped like a crab which was very unexpected but great fun for the kids. All the food was very tasty and the staff were lovely. Will return again.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

Arrived here for dinner one evening two adults and a toddler. The a male waiter told us to take whatever seat we wanted. The we’re probably about 8-10 other people in the outside seated area of the restaurant at this time. Having taken our seats we eventually were given a menu after 5 minutes or so. Menu looked ok and we had made our choices. It then appeared to us that there was only one person serving all the customers present. We had waited nearly 20 minutes and we hadn’t even been asked if we would like a drink. We could see that the one waiter was clearly trying to run a service all by himself. He then proceeded to greet and seat another family, the wait for even to give a drinks order was a least 25 minutes at this stage. We just got up and left as the restaurant at this stage as it was clearly understaffed and the one waiter couldn’t manage. This may have been a once off, but I wouldn’t be recommending this place one bit.

Date of visit: May 2018