We booked into this hotel for a short stay - 5 nights - and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very clean with a daily maid service. Our party, of 6 adults, arrived at 10.30pm and was greeted by a very welcoming receptionist who arranged sandwiches and snacks, as the dinner hall had closed at 10pm. We had read the reviews concerning the train track running behind the hotel but although trains do run quite regularly, especially in the morning, we were not upset by the noise as the trains pass by very quickly. Most holiday makers do not spend much time in their rooms anyway.
The food was varied although our only 'complaint' would be the fact that it was usually lukewarm, even if you arrived when it was first put out. Staff were always friendly and helpful.
The hotel is well situated with a beautiful beach across the road and a bus stop immediately outside which allows you to travel as far as Tarragona to the left and Cambrils to the right. Go to the ticket office across the road and buy a multitrip ticket as it works out cheaper than single fares bought on the bus.
Although there is no entertainment in the hotel (besides a mini disco for children/teenagers), there are pubs and other hotels (Esmerelda, for instance) all within walking distance that have singers and live bands.
We enjoyed our stay - relaxing and a good base for exploring the surrounding beaches and resorts. We felt it was good value for money and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel situated in front of the Hotel Augustus just 80 meters far from the beach and along Salou's promenade. All the rooms with hair dryer, independent air conditioning ( 15/6 - 15/9 ) and heating, telephone, satellite TV, safe and fridge(optional) and terrace. The Hotel offers you a swimming pool for adults and for children, TV room, bar-cafeteria and Internet center . Air conditioning and Wifi in the common areas. Buffet service in the restaurant with show cooking (01/07 - 11/09) in high season(dinner). All the services of the Hotel Augustus can be used except for the restaurant. Parking ( 400 places ). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Cesar Augustus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cesar Augustus Hotel Cambrils
- Cambrils Cesar Augustus Hotel