Hotel Cesar Augustus Cambris Spain. We have just returned from our holiday at the above near Barcelona. We went to the Cesar Augustus for the second week,
The hotel was completely over booked and there were a lot of problems. The staff were very good at trying to cope but it was obvious they could not do so and we only managed t sleep the last 2 nights when they got in security guards. The first day was o.k. we had evening meal starting at 8 o'clock. It was a buffet and the atmosphere was tranquil. The second night we went for evening meal at 8 o'clock only to find the place over-run with teenagers and the noise was terrible. We tried to get in the dining room but couldn't get through the crowds. Eventually I managed to speak to the Head waiter and asked if we could have a table for 2. He said impossible we are full I said what time will you have a table. He said at the best 9.30. We are both 75 and were celebrating our birthdays so are too old to eat so late and in such a terrible noise. He eventually managed to find a place but the queues for the buffet added to the noise did not make for a good experience. After this when we went to bed there was shouting all night and people running up and down the corridors. Climbing in through the downstairs patios and generally causing havoc.
I went to the desk the day after to complain and she said the problem was they had 1,000 extra people.. We did not sleep then for 3 more nights. Then we saw they had security guards to keep the place under control at night. We ate out every day.
We had already notified you company that we would be leaving 1 day earlier. and when we left the security guards had made a big difference. This hotel should be for teenagers only and anyone elderly or even people with children should be warned wheat can happen. It is a hotel for teenagers only and even then they need security guards.
We are not decrepit we went to the disco one night and watched several football matches on their big screen but if you need security guards to give you a good nights sleep there is something wrong.
Incidentally although I initially complained about the parking charge of 10 euros a night, this turned out to be money well spent as they had someone all night watching the car park.
I would be pleased to get your views on this problem and want to warn other holidaymakers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel situated in front of the Hotel Augustus just 80 meters far from the beach and along Salou's promenade. All the rooms with hair dryer, independent air conditioning ( 15/6 - 15/9 ) and heating, telephone, satellite TV, safe and fridge(optional) and terrace. The Hotel offers you a swimming pool for adults and for children, TV room, bar-cafeteria and Internet center . Air conditioning and Wifi in the common areas. Buffet service in the restaurant with show cooking (01/07 - 11/09) in high season(dinner). All the services of the Hotel Augustus can be used except for the restaurant. Parking ( 400 places ). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Cesar Augustus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cesar Augustus Hotel Cambrils
- Cambrils Cesar Augustus Hotel