All reviews hear the waves half board the bus caesar augustus october break visit port the location is perfect indoor bar entertainment every night port aventura restaurant manager beds were comfortable cleaning service every evening to suit all tastes games room across the road
Selected filters
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is well located, when walking along the promenade you would probably think "id love to stay there". It's well maintained, pretty, modern, welcoming & a good place to stay when visiting Salou. Its in a safe area. Close to the bus and tourist train. Supermarket chain is near by providing baked goods. Lovely bars & cafes close by also.
The food in the hotel is fine for the price. Buffet is €6 @ breakfast & €10 @ dinner. Service is terrible is the dining room. Staff in the hotel are unfriendly & unhelpful. They are the biggest let down for the August Hotel. Rooms are average size, modern & have balconies. I would refuse a room facing the road, its very loud & simply dosent provide the sun holiday feel you deserve when going on a sun holiday to Salou.
Tips - avoid rooms facing the road.
Use the free wifi.
Don't count on staff providing local info or otherwise.
Bus outside is €2 to Salou or Cambrills.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

Good: Location right by the beach, pool area. Room was large and nice with sea view but could have been cleaned better, found a few pieces of hair that weren't mine...

Bad: VERY loud entertainment in the evenings. Rooms not soundproof at all, I could hear every word from people walking outside my door and people running up and down the stairs from early morning to midnight.

Had breakfast and dinner included which was very disappointing. Loud and busy restaurant. Poor variety and if you're a vegetarian like me you'll end up eating fries and breadrolls for a week since they mainly serve meat as main dishes.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2018

Room was very nice although noisy from traffic going by at all times of day and night. The reception staff were very helpful in getting me a parking space at the back of their sister hotel Caesar Augustus, which is just across the road. This cost me 11 euros per day, which was a lot cheaper than using other parking places. Plenty of eating places nearby and you can get to Salou and Cambrils either by walking, public transport or car.

Room tip: Best rooms for quiet are those overlooking the sea.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

The location and facilities in the hotel were great. All food and drink were fab and as you can see you are right on the beach. There were some sunbed wars going on but we just left for the beach most of the time. There’s not much to do around the hotel unless you walk into Salou which is why I gave it 4 not 5.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank bethpearsonn
Reviewed September 6, 2018

just returned from a week at Augustus on B&B basis with husband and 2 boys booked with onthebeach.com.
Hotel was very modern and clean. Location was perfect with lovely beach just few steps across a cycle path to reach.
For a family of 4 our double/twin room was very small and unless you have very small children I wouldn't recommend (our boys are 8 and 10 so cramped conditions were stressful at times!!).
We asked for pool/sea view room which we can and I would highly recommend to enhance the experience.
I must credit the cleaning staff who serviced our room every day and changing bedding once in the week.
Every day was approx 30 degrees so we constantly kept the air con on with the extra key card day and night and this was welcome relief.
Usual sunbed capture in the mornings wasn't too chaotic and towels out by 8ish and you should be fine.
Breakfast is served until 10.30 and although we booked B&B I really wouldn't even bother unless you turn up before 9 otherwise you're queuing and its very busy and noisy. Admittedly we do like our lie-ins so only went to breakfast 2 of the 7 days at around 8-8.30. If you beat the chaos and you do like a good feed for breakfast(I don't) then it will definitely be worth it as I've never seen such a huge variety....ommlettes/toasties made to order, meats, cheese, breads, hot food, fruit, and a selection of pastries and donuts like nothing I've ever seen before!!
We didn't have any other meal at the hotel as the restaurant just always seemed so bright, huge and busy, I prefer to eat in more cosy settings.
There are plenty of good restaurants to chose from and I would recommend Medusa and the Mexican.
Mambo is lovely for a night time G&T on the beach while the boys played footie. its just out the back of the hotel.
Easy enough to get to Salou - about €10 in a taxi each way for 4 and when we ventured into Salou realised that where we were and general Cambrils is a much gentler pace.
Why the 'but' in the title you're asking. Well I know this may sound a little strange but the hotel was very Spanish while we were there and I'm not sure if this was just due to the time of year BUT entertainment during the day and every evening...all in Spanish.
Very busy and pool packed but not one other english speaking voice could be heard so the normal fun of kids making friends just didn't happen because of the language barrier.
Staff at hotel were fine, though we had no issues, but generally the staff weren't very fluent in English.
I would recommend and I would return but I would just maybe choose a different time of the year.

Room tip: First floor pool view
Date of stay: September 2018