Myself and my two brothers along with my mother stayed in Pins Marina Apartments for two weeks from July 20th 2012-August 3rd 2012. We spent two weeks in the sun in a place in-between Cambills and Salou. This was the happy medium because we were in walking distance of both Salou and Cambills (though slightly closer to Salou) so we could find entertainment easily but were not in too busy an area.
I admit that the apartments were not the jazzyist but at 2* it’s a case of getting what you pay for! The apartment was clean which for me is a big deal, I don't do germs. The staffs were friendly but you did not really need them as it was self-catering and we had cleaners in once a week with new towels and laundery. I would recommend taking your own towels though!
Everything you needed was there pretty much we were ground floor which I did not like but when I realised we could literally climb over our balcony and into the pool I was happier, yes the pool was about 3 meters from my balcony.
The pool was a nice size, perfect for laps and nice temperature, but next door the hotel has a massive pool anyone was allowed in that was more of a 'fun pool'.
The beach was literally across the zebra crossing and it was there across the road, a nice beach not too crowded even with a raft a ten minute walk up anyone could jump off.
Supermarket, bars, arcades, pubs, beach shops were all situated around the apartments and within a strolling distance.
If you go however I would recommend a few evenings out in Salou as the nightlife is perfect for families or young people or any age really! A perfect range of eating venues and places to visit with average clothing and everything shops being open until midnight.
The apartments were very basic but all we needed as we were out most of the day by the pool or on the beach or visiting places, we went on a day cruise and to 'House of Illusion' and many other places which he had great fun. However if it was too hot mid-day-is then we could take cover in our little balcony that overlooked the pool.
Great holiday, expect what you pay for- a nice place to sleep but you will probably need other entertainment which in my experience can be found locally.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between Salou and Cambrils , 100 m from the beach . In the surroundings you can find a great variety of shops , bars, restaurants and just a couple of minutes walking , the bus stop that covers Salou-Cambrils route. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your Pins Marina Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pins Marina Apartments Hotel Cambrils
- Pins Marina Apartments Cambrils