All reviews lovely hotel the bus tennis courts pool area daisy club pool gate artificial grass cheap bus service booked a double room hotel manager across the road half board every night entertainment team travel kettle aqua aerobics lovely week
Selected filters
Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

My partner and myself had a lovely week away here (my mum looked after our children so we could have a much needed break).
It was perfect. The hotel is beautiful. We had room 117 which was excellent for us. I wasn’t sure at first as it’s on the end (corner room) by the main road but also facing the pool (has two balconies) but it was lovely, it let the light in beautiful with the extra balcony. You
Could hear road noise at night but
It wasn’t too much of a problem for us (I’m not a great sleeper anyway).
Rep from TUI was very helpful as were the reception staff, pleasant and willing to help. We booked tickets through reception for the theme park which was really easy with the option to pay in £ or € when paying my card which I did to save our cash spending money. The staff around the hotel were all very friendly. The bar staff started to know what we were drinking on an evening.
Entertainment was fun. Sometimes a bit cheesy but then that’s what you expect with hotel entertainment, we would watch it then usually head back to the room. There was a children’s club but not many children there at this time but looks like they would have fun if they were. It wasn’t too loud in the room even though the stage is outside.
The pool area is really nice. I like the grass effect (much less slippy!) There is water aerobics each day that a lot of people like to join in with (not my thing but people seemed to enjoy it!) Never a problem getting sun beds, there is plenty and plenty of parasols.
I like the side gate entrance that takes you out onto the main road right by the bus stop (and one across the road) and right by the shop you can buy bus cards from (we got the T10 card which gave us 10 rides and can top it up in the shop at anytime. You can use
One card between you, you just swipe it twice on the bus) We used the bus a lot, it was easy. We used it to go to Salou and Cambrils and also PortAventura. The buses are clearly marked with a number and the place they are going (you can pick up a map in the bus stop with a timetable on). You can venture to Barcelona if you wanted on the bus, you get the bus to Salou bus station and then a bus from there.
The beaches were lovely. Little walkway by the the hotel to get to it and can walk either way to Salou or Cambrils along the breach. We walked to Salou and it was a hot walk and took about 40 minutes but was really nice to do.
We had ice cream in a lovely ice cream parlour in Cambrils (the rep told us the story about two brothers who couldn’t agree and one left the business and opened a shop a few doors down. One has a blue sign and one a pink! We went in the one as the other was closed. We were not disappointed. So many choices and it was lovely! We had two scoops in a tub and it was about €2-3 each. I could have stayed there all day!)
The food was good at the hotel. A few things not to our liking but we tried a lot, it was nice to have such a variety to try. The deserts were great, the choices were plenty!! We were able to easily swap dinner for lunch if want each day. Someone from the hotel stands by the restaurant door each food time and marks your room number off so they know what you are having.
We took a travel kettle for our room. The safe and fridge were free to use in the room which is excellent, we kept drinks in there so we had some cold water and fizzy drinks.
The hotel was always perfectly clean. I can honestly say I have never stayed in a hotel room where if you walk around bare foot your feet are not dirty after a short while (a pet hate of mine) Never did we have this which just proved it was cleaned excellently each day. The hotel smelt clean and looked spotless.
There was toiletries that were available to use in the rooms.
There is a luggage room you can put your cases in (we used when we arrived as our room wasn’t ready as we arrived in the morning, we were given a ticket with number that matched one on our cases and were able to ask at any time to go back in there to access them. There are shower/change rooms next to the toilets in the lobby to use).

We have a lovely week and have already recommended the hotel to several family and friends. We wouldn’t hesitate to return!

Date of stay: September 2018
8  Thank nataliep580
SILVIA S, Gerente at H10 Cambrils Playa, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2018

Dear nataliep580,

thank you so much for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor.
We are pleased to learn, that you enjoyed your stay with us and dedicated your time to comment your experience in our hotel.

We appreciate your lovely description and hope to welcome you again in Cambrils.

Best regards

Reviewed November 9, 2018

Room tip: Cleaning is often done later in the day, so organise your day accordingly.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays

Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

Having stayed in this hotel last year, we booked again for part of this year's holiday. This time we booked a pool view room and were not disappointed. We got an end of corridor room, which was large and had two balconies ( one on each external wall ). Great shower in bathroom. Air conditioning not as good as other hotels we have stayed in though which was unfortunate.
Food in the restaurant is good for both breakfast and dinner. Plenty of choice.
It's only minutes away from the beach, and you can get a bus to either salou or cambrils on the road at the back of the hotel.
Staff were friendly.
Probably won't be returning to salou/ cambrils again for a few years, as we have been twice in a row now. But I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to family and friends if you don't mind being in a quieter area.

3  Thank norfab
Reviewed October 18, 2018

Booked a double room and was given a twin - went back down to reception to get it rectified only to be told by a large rather rude gentleman that it wasn't guaranteed - despite the website we booked on saying it was, and us clearly stating it was our minimoon trip! I eventually got a double room after standing my ground.

Breakfast was pretty poor - food not labelled and pretty basic offerings. Wasn't able to get a poached egg or apple juice for instance. The bar area was decent though.

The hotel is in an ideal location for those that like best of both worlds (easy access to Cambrils and Salou). Although the surroundings were far too English for me. If you're going away to experience the culture and surroundings then I wouldn't chose this hotel.

Parking is 10 EUR although the street parking is free and readily available.

Wouldn't return - to the hotel or the area - but that's just personal preference.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
SILVIA S, Gerente at H10 Cambrils Playa, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Dear Client,

Thank you for you comment. We take note of your comments in order to progress. We always said that the kind of room (twin or double) is subject at the availiability at the moment of the reservation. We always try to give to our clients their preferences but when we are full is more complicated.

Best Regards

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

Having stayed @ the hotel opposite in May we decided to try this hotel as we enjoy Cambrils nice and flat with good transport links.
We pre booked. Pool view and paid the extra for this ( in my view worth it)
The room was spotless clean large and nearly had everything we require on holiday (no coffee or tea making facilities) this in my view was slightly disappointing however the Fridge Air-conditioning and Safe were FREE not like the hotel over the road !!so we were here for a week stay and we met some lovely people the age mix was just about perfect it wasn’t noisy or rowdy as this was the last week before-it closed for the winter season plenty of sun beds and Sun.
Now the food while I’m a vegetarian and sometimes struggle to get a good meal I enjoyed the choices on offer I felt something’s could be better labelled as to is it meat or not? After all a tomato is a tomato isn’t it :-)
Didn’t have many deserts not to my liking.
Ok to sum it up room comfortable
Food good could be better with not much effort/entertainment very varied and enjoyable/pool area lovely.

Would I go back Yes without any hesitation.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SILVIA S, Gerente at H10 Cambrils Playa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Dear client,

Thank you so much for sharing your nice opinion. We take note of your comments in order to progress .
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and it would be a pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.

Kind Regards,