“great little place”

Ranked #41 of 249 Restaurants in Cambrils
seattle
“great little place”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed in Cambrils for 3 weeks. We ate here at 10 of those nights. Yes, we liked it that much!
Unay (not sure of the spelling) is a great guy that was working the bar along with his Dad.He spoke good english and patiently answered all the questions we threw at him about the different tapas and racciones. It was so enjoyable to sample such a wide variety of authentic Spanish food.He told us his Mom was originally from the Basque region, these were mostly her recipes,and that she did most of the cooking.We would get there early, around 6 pm when most of the time, we were the only ones in there,other than an occasional local popping in for a quick bite and a beer. This is the time to go if you;d like to talk and pick his brain.Later on it gets so busy with locals that its awkward to ask questions about the many choices. Looking back, this place was one of my fondest memories in Cambrils.So much better thatn the tapas places we tried along the Barcelona tourist trail and the more touristy areas of Cambrils. All that and reasonably priced as well.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank carleson

Ljubljana, Slovenia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service with excellent food”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

As a Slovenian, who wasn't really familiar with Spanish culture, especially when it comes to food, I must say, that my visiting this restaurant more than satisfied my expectations.
When I came there, I wasn't really sure what to expect. But the soon as the owner of the restaurant came to me, greeted me...it was like home! I've already visited quite a few foreign countries, but I must say, that this restaurant really left a perfect taste of Spain. The food was absolutely fantastic! Can not remember one thing, that I wouldn't like. The most important thing for me is, that you feel like you are the most important customer for them - even though there are ten, twenty other people sitting around you. And I had this feeling the whole time while being in this restaurant. I would suggest everyone, who wants to have a taste of most excellent Spanish food, with perfect service, great ambient and of course vicinity of the sea. I know for sure, when I return to Spain, this restaurant will be on the top of my "must do" list for sure.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank JanchiB
Manchester
“Spanish to the core”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We just loved the spanish atmosphere and this is were the locals went always a good sign. Good selection of drinks and tapas. Good adventure to try and guess what some of the Tapas was and to try it.

Visited September 2012