“a lovely little hotel”

Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Cambrils
ireland
“a lovely little hotel”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

August 2011. My husband and I stayed at the Miramar for 3 nights. The room was very small,shower room ensuite and both adequately furnished. The piece de resistance of our room was the terrace with the view over the lovely port of Cambrils. Our terrace was very long, very well furnished with outdoor furniture. The terrace was glassed in with side and
overhead curtains if needed. Hedging gave privacy too is wanted. The front part of the terrace gave views up and down the paseo and as the weather was so warm we could sit out
all night if we wanted.

We stayed on a room only basis and had our breakfast at a cafe in the streets behind the
hotel. If you want to be ridiculous and nitpick over nonsense, you will not like this hotel, however, if you are a tourist who enjoys holidays this was wonderful.

The famous Miramar restaurant offers some of the best seafood and the menu is varied and very good value. Again, if you want to be non-sensical about nuts and fruit, there is always the high street fast food outlet.

We would recommend this lovely little no frills hotel to the traveller who wants to see and
experience Cambrils.

Room Tip: Pay the extra couple of euros for the terrace. Brilliant
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank anniemike9

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Just back from a great week in beautiful Cambrils. I decidedmy daughters and I would treat ourselves to dinner in the Miramar . We chose from the 2 Menu del Dia, 17 euro and 28 euro.
The choice in both adult menus was small but adequate. The goats cheese salad with nuts and spinach was nice, but the main course of chicken and chips was like a meal from a mediocre chipper, no garnish , just a pale looking chicken breast on the bone, no offer of a sauce to make it a little interesting, no salad or veg.
My fish main course consisted of pan fried fish exactly as I like it...delicious but served with frozen peas...not exactly inspiring cooking.
Desserts were nice.
The kids meal was frozen chicken nuggets not as good as McDonalds and a handful of chips and ice cream with a Stock market surprise!!! (Sweets)
Bread was included in the menus supposedly with sauces to dip, these never arrived even when I asked for them! The bread was not great either.
I got the distinct impression that we were not the right kind of clientele, maybe cos the girls were wearing shorts. I wouldnt be in a hurry back, we really enjoy good cuisine but this was not worth the extra money we spent especially as the staff were quite offhand with us.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mumandgirls
Sarzana, Italy
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I'm not totally agree with the others reviews!
I ordered a tourist menu because some dishes was very expensive, for example a rice with lobster cost more or less 50 euro!!!
I ordered a paella dish and the rice was overcooked, the wine was too expensive compared with the quality!!
I waited 30 minutes for coffee and others 30 minutes for the bill!!!
The local is next to the main street of Cambrils and you can eat with a tipical smell of car exhaust.
I was looking for a romantic place but was not satisfied.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jamboetitty
Ireland
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Have recently returned from a week in Cambrils. We did not stay at the hotel but did eat 3 times at the restaurant where the food and service compared with the finest I have experienced around the world. The menu ranges from moderatley expensive (€34 for lobster) to really excellent value - €14 and €27 for three course set menus with a wide range of quality options. The staff were both friendly and extremely professional. I would go back to Cambrils just to have the experience of eating here again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Mosey08
California
Reviewed July 2, 2007

We stayed at the Miramar hotel - a small place with a restaurant on the ground floor in mid June 2007. The restaurant dinner experience now sits in the top 5 meals Ive had all time. The hotel itself was great. We took the two rooms with large decks facing the sea and marina. I highly recommend making a stop in this area when traveling between Valencia and Barcelona along the coast.

3 Thank RayPays