All reviews swimming pool on the roof great hotel sea view the air conditioning sun loungers short break reception staff holiday pools remote
Selected filters
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff, good location, close to the beach and city centre. Tasty food with a lot of variety. Swimming pool on the roof is nice and clean, also with beautiful sea view.
Minuses are definitely extra paid drinks in all inclusive during dinner and sapour and the fact that hotel despite being in a quiet location is quite noisy, walls seem to be really thin,you hear echo of all hotels noises like door knocking, beds moving early in the morning.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone, as it's a good value for the good price.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Really bad from start to finish. Extremely noisy every noise seems to echo across the hotel, to make that worse there seemed to be college trips here where the students would just knock on each others doors all night and shout. Food was awful, and that one time you might find something that was okay it was always cold-room temperature. Breakfast is not worth getting up for, full board- no drinks included. To top it all off we waited 2 hours for a transfer to be told we didn't wait outside our hotel we had to wait elsewhere for it so then had to rush the airport and pay 125 euros in a taxi. Had to pay daily to use the fridge in the room and the room wifi. On the upside the cleaners were friendly and efficient and location of hotel was good. I am not one to complain but this was Awful!

Room tip: Use Earplugs, whether its at night or your having a siesta.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank j0e151
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Great hotel, very clean & serviced every day. Took my Spanish translation card for my wheat/gluten allergies and the restaurant staff couldn’t do enough for me, food was delicious. Friendly staff all round.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

We have just returned home from a week at Hotel Catalonia, full board.

The rooms are a good size, very clean, with twin beds, spanish television, a desk & a wardrobe. We had a bathroom, with a bath, shower, sink & toilet. Clean towels when needed (as per the notice on the mirror). Decent sized balcony with 2 chairs, a table & 2 sun loungers.

The downstairs pool doesn't get much sunlight so we didnt use it, but the roof top pool & sun loungers are a huge selling point for the hotel. The pool isn't very deep but the views are stunning. We spent most mornings up there after breakfast & each day loved looking out over the road or the beach.

The restaurant is ok. The chef is friendly. 3 waiting staff at each meal clearing the plates & tables. All very polite & helpful, but speak very basic English which can, at times, be a challenge. The food is what you'd expect at a 3* hotel, however, sometimes the labels are in the wrong place - I thought I had picked up a chicken nugget but it was some type of fish! My partner pointed at something to ask what it was & was just told "pudding."

Reception staff, the three ladies we encountered didn't say much, but the gentleman was lovely, friendly & talkative.

I'd definately return to Hotel Catalonia.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is for people who want a simple, basic hotel to sleep and eat that. Kind of a no frills hotel. I didnt use the air condition as it wasnt that hot. I didnt use the wifi either as I had data so cant comment on those.

I did however liked the food, the prawns the pigs feet and the little octopus were all lovely. The cocktails in the bar are good as well, went all inclusive so it was all in the price I paid.

The rooftop pool is the strongest point of the hotel, without it it would not work. I got the best tan up there .

Only issue maybe is the staff and that I did struggle sometimes to have a simple request in english. My spanish is very basic, but as they are the ones who are serving and helping guests a little bit of a english would be beneficial for them.

So all in all , this is a nice little, quiet hotel where you get a bed, clean bathroom, some food and drinks while you discover costa maresme and nothing more, nothing less

Trip type: Traveled with friends