All reviews toasties shared balcony every morning great holiday cleaned every day bad reviews bar snacks summer hotel animation team little repetitive a bit worried fresh towels all inclusive option the hotel is clean plenty of sunbeds magic show kids club
Reviewed August 19, 2018

The Bon Repos was pretty much as we were expecting. For the price of the holiday we weren't expecting it to be as good as other 3 stars we've stayed in and it wasn't! However, we still had a great holiday, you just have to make the most of what you've got. The general air con throughout the hotel was pretty non existent - the restaurant is ridiculously hot but maybe they do this on purpose to stop people staying in there for too long! You can eat outside though which we loved. The air con in our room was amazing - we got an extra key card and kept it in the whole time so our room was a fab temperature. We weren't offered a remote for it, or for the tv, but you don't need them you can work both manually so no need to pay for them. Our room was tiny for the 4 of us but once we'd moved some of the furniture onto the balcony it was grand. There are no rails or lines to hang wet clothes on though but we had a line which we tied across the balcony glass front. The maid service was a bit lacking, beds made and towels changed but no cleaning done at all. I ended up cleaning the floor myself and discovered that under the beds probably hadn't been cleaned for months, really disgusting! The pool area is a little small and oops, I think we were partly to blame for the queues at the chain at breakfast each morning! There isn't a lack of sun beds but unfortunately a severe lack of parasols so this is what we ran for each day. The food in the restaurant is OK but not great. We always found plenty to eat though but it would have been nice to have a bit more traditional Spanish food. The staff in there are amazing (especially Lydia and Jorge), they worked so hard clearing up after so many messy and often ignorant people. The chip system at the bar for drinks is simple - it's to stop people leaving their plastic cups everywhere and also from getting big rounds of drinks that they then don't drink. It really wasn't a problem at all. The daytime entertainment was quite low key but they did always have a good variety of things to do during the day. There is a MASSIVE problem though in that there was no music played around the pool at all and all the evening entertainment was held inside in the TINY, overcrowded, boiling bar area. We found this totally ridiculous, we weren't able to watch any of the evening shows as it was just too unbearably hot. The door was also locked by the bar so you couldn't move in and out easily during the evening. We thought this was VERY odd and heard a rumour that the hotel had got in trouble due to noise (from nearby residential areas) so was therefore not allowed any music or entertainment outside. We had seen pictures of aqua aerobics in the pool but all they now offer is Zumba inside - inside when it's roasting hot, WHAT?!! Funnily enough this didn't happen once while we were there as absolutely no-one wanted to do it! All of this really spoiled our overall opinion of the hotel and our general level of enjoyment, how can you provide entertainment to a hotel full of people without making any noise. THIS SHOULD BE SORTED OUT, it's an absolutely ridiculous way to carry on! The staff were all wonderful though and worked really hard to ensure we had a good time so muchos gracias Bon Repos but please, get some better air con and take your music and entertainment outside!!! Rob, Laura, Zach and Helayna x

Room Tip: ask for a pool view as the back rooms had a rubbish view
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Laura F
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

So we stayed here for 6 nights as a family of 3 arriving back home last night. I was so worried about our stay here with the negative reviews, but honest to God the hotel was fine. I stayed 4/5 star before so 3 star was a slight worry.
First of all I was worried about the food, which I shouldnt of, the food was amazing, in actual fact I weighed myself and put on almost 4kg with the amount... Whoops! There were omelettes, fried eggs and pancakes freshly cooked each morning for breakfast, then meat (usually steak turkey or pork chops) and fish (salmon or white fish) for lunch and dinner. The other food was always warm and the bread was freshly baked (I saw them placing it on the baking tray) plenty of choice, the only down is I would of preferred more Spanish food like Paella and chorizo more and less English, we come to Spain for a reason....we only qued twice and that was because we came when food first. Started, I recommend going about an hour in more fresher Aswell.
The WiFi worked great, I stayed in 505 and even managed to Download a film on my daughters tablet to watch on the plane aswell as her watching YouTube etc.
The pool was OK, a. Little small and no lifeguard but we ALWAYS got a sunbed, we usually went out after breakfast and came back about 2/3pm and never had a problem finding a bed, I don't get these reviews saying it was a fight for the beds, a small few ran for 'the best spots' but the whole pool area gets sun until 7pm!
We never paid for the TV remote control and never even got asked if we wanted a aircon remote, but aircon remote not needed, we actually got 2 room keys, one we kept in the electric slot and kept aircon on as it was weak turning on and off all the time, and one we took with us, the room key cleared due to being close mobile phones, but reception was happy to recode.
My daughter lost her all inclusive wrist band at the beach on the 2nd to last day, the hotel happily replaced with no questions asked.
The bar staff were amazing, it was busy on the night but it's only a small bar and more than 3 would of fallen over each other.
The walls were paper thin, luckily we had good 'neighbours' we only heard the baby cry once, we had a hotel which was like a party hotel opposite us which was noisey but as soon as we closed the balcony door we couldnt hear, and we are countryside so used to it being quite.
You do get poker chips if your all inclusive but it's no problem, you go back to the bar for another anyway, why be a problem taking your glass, surely common courtesy anyway! I ended up with 11 chips from 3 of us at the end of our stay...
The entertainment was poor during the day and the evening was inside in a small room, we are used to it being outside and more room so was disappointed, but it was OK, we stayed outside while my daughter ran in and out!
We booked waterworld through the hotel, which meant we got a free bus there and back, which was good. We also got a band off the hotel for free a d discounted activities around calella thought the summer for free including free kayaking, but they don't tell you this unless you asked at reception. The hotel also does money exchange, which I had to use on the last day which was great but not so good rates £1=€1.06
The beach wasn't far too walk. The packed lunch wasn't so good, it was just 3 pieces of fruit and a croissant, but the hotel does state this due to hygiene, we just missed that bit.
All in all it was a good holiday,you make your holiday how you want it, we never had a complaint about hotel and was constantly stuffed and merry from the cocktail list I made my way down, including requested ones not on the menu... But Make your own decision

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
5  Thank Stacey-2812
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Pool far too small having to queue for sunbeds ..queuing for meals and food the same everyday not much choice if veggie either .caters for spainish tourists more only pluses where very nice staff and very clean .

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Well where do I start, I have both good and bad reviews to share, I will start with the good as there arnt as many.... clean hotel, lovely helpful staff, close to the beach and main strip/shops, now the bad.... you defo get wat you pay for at this hotel, rooms are small and some have no balcony’s, the food is pretty much all the same everyday apart from 2 main meals each day which change but very similar, the swimming pool and sunbed area is far to small for the amount of guests, depending on which room you have can be very noisy with a 18-30s just over road, the pool doesn’t open until 9 and the doors are locked but come 8.45 there queuing ready and once the doors open it’s like whacky races, just a free for all people running to get beds and ‘there’ spot, and then there’s the all inclusive which you get the wrist band but also a poker chip for each guest, the rule is you hand over the chip you get a drink and only until you return the cup you only then get the chip back I personally think it’s silly!! There’s hardly any entertainment for kids, over all me and my missus was disappointed with the hotel but didn’t cost us a lot, you definitely get wat you pay for here, I wouldn’t return to this hotel!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seanyt1988
Reviewed August 13, 2018

For a start - I'm not sure what time of year those photos were taken but change the furniture completely and times the amount of people/sunbeds by 5 - that should be more accurate.
We stayed at the hotel at the beginning of August as a family of 6 (4 adults and 2 children) and we agreed it was the worst place we have ever stayed.

BAD POINTS:
- Electricity conks out in the room all of the time leaving you in the dark.
- The walls are paper thin you could literally hear next doors conversation and they were talking quietly.
- The pool is tiny and there was about 2 people per square m - you couldn't move! inflatables everywhere, no lifeguard or anyone monitoring their children who were diving in on top of each other and splashing everyone on the sunbeds.
- Wherever you sit around the pool expect someone else to sit right next to you as there is absolutely no space whatsoever. One day a large family pushed their sunbeds so close to ours we were literally jammed in.
- There is 1 bar in the whole hotel and often one person working. Some Spanish/German guests were so rude just walking to the front of the queue and getting served?! this caused so many arguments. In the end we couldn't even be bothered to queue (after paying for all inclusive too!) and just drank our own bottled water.
- You are told about tokens upon arrival which you must use to get a drink (all inclusive) then you return your cup for your token back. They did not enforce this until the fifth day of our holiday, this left a lot of people annoyed as they had to go back upstairs and root around for these forgotten tokens.
- The entertainment is shocking. There is one tiny area indoors where the nightly entertainment is and it sits about 30 people max. In a hotel that has 700 people staying you can imagine what this caused. There were people standing, sitting on top of each other and stealing each others chairs - again plenty of arguments and just a constant stressful battle.Not to worry though as the entertainment was rubbish and it lasted 20 minutes one night.
- Food is terrible! I'm gutted we went all inclusive to be honest and I'm certainly not fussy. Everything was cold, even a fresh pasta i queued up for and watched her make in a pan over a stove?! You are rushed in and out in absolute chaos as there are only 150 seats and slots of 2 hours for dinner. They push a big dirty trolley full of plates and fly's up and down the isles while you are eating and even took my plate once while I was chewing. If you like to enjoy a meal with your family forget it. The hotel facilities clearly cant accommodate the amount of people they shove in. We had to queue to get in each night.
- We had bites all over us from bed bugs. My daughter had one on her face.
- You need to pay 20 euros each for a hairdryer, air con and TV remote. Nobody will tell you this though, we found out about the air con from Trip advisor.

GOOD POINTS:
- Staff were really lovely and doing the best they could with their understaffed situation.
- Calella is a great place, and we loved the beach (spent time there to avoid the chaos of the pool).

Overall, how people like this hotel I have no idea, it must be the only one they have ever been to because compared to other 3 stars this was shocking, It is the worst place we have ever been and strongly advise against going here. By day 3 we were upset and devastated to be stuck there and couldn't wait to get home.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family