Internacional Hotel
Hotel Volga(Calella)(Great Value!)
$72
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Neptuno & Apartments(Calella)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kaktus Playa(Calella)(Great Value!)
$67
ALEGRIA Espanya(Calella)(Great Value!)
$60
$53
  • Pool
Hotel Bernat II(Calella)(Great Value!)
$136
  • Pool
B&B El Pekinaire(Calella)(Great Value!)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Les Palmeres(Calella)(Great Value!)
$58
  • Pool
GHT Hotel Maritim(Calella)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Beachfront
$86
  • Beachfront
All reviewssea viewbar area was lovelyhead waiterair conchurrosdrinks are reasonably pricedbed breakfastyogurtlocation is greatrestaurant managerreception staffchanged dailytown centrebread rollssoupcleaned every daylunch and dinner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2011

The hotel is very convenient if you consider how close you are to the beach. The room was spacey enough and very clean. We got a room without AC to save some money, it can get rather hot during the day (room is exposed to the sun for most of the day), so keep that in mind. During the night I had no problems with the room being too hot.
Staff is friendly, buffet breakfast has plenty of different kinds of food to choose from.
The view from the balcony is great, both day and night. In conclusion I will surely be back for my next stay in Calella.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room;)
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank traveler81it
Reviewed October 4, 2010

As we were celebrating 45 years of marriage,my husband & I decided to look for a last minute deal for a five night break, & found this hotel with Jet2 holidays at very good value. On arrival, we were greeted on reception by a fantastic lady called Lotte, who was so very helpful. We had a room with a side sea view on the 3rd. floor, which we were pleasantly surprised with as this is only a 2* hotel. Wardrobe space was adequate, the bathroom & balcony the same, & the bed was comfortable enough, I have had much less comfortable in a so called 4*. We booked full board, & found the food to be also adequate. True, bacon at breakfast is not as we know it, & I did not enjoy it, but I personally can live without bacon, it was only on our last day that we had proper bacon, & yes, some days eggs were hard boiled, but two of the five days there were fried. The lunches & evening meals were fine, a little repetitive to a certain extent, but we never went hungry, & as we paid very little, I must stress that I cannot complain. The staff in the restaurant were a little stand offish at first, but when they see that you are polite & friendly towards them, they reciprocate & I found them very friendly. The majority of the guests were not English, & our language is not what comes easiest to them, but they have to be complimented on the other language skills they have, as I think the waitresses in the restaurant were Russian, & they were fluent at Spanish & German. WE English are lazy when it comes to learning other languages, so I don't believe we should automatically expect others to be able to speak ours.
THE DOWNSIDES:-
1- There was no entertainment at all, but maybe there is in the Summer, I would not know, & also, the room where we could sit in the evening to have a drink, was not very comfortable, it was like a big canteen with no atmosphere at all, & as the weather was not as good as I had hoped, it was too chilly to sit outside at night.
2- The pool is VERY small & sunbathing areas practically non existant, there is a small sunbathing area on the roof, but would not cater for many people, however, there is a large beach which is on the other side of the railway line via several underpasses, so for any beach lovers the lack of pool facilities would not be a problem.
3- There is only air conditioning in some of the rooms which cost extra, but at this time of the year, was not a problem for us, however in the Summer I could imagine it would be very uncomfortable, so if you plan to go during the hotter months, I recommend that you make sure you that your room has this facility.
4- I must add that I would not book this hotel at brochure prices, but for what we paid, or if you get a great deal, I would definately recommend it, so my "Recommend To A Friend" section should be taken in context.
FINALLY.....Although this has nothing to do with the hotel, we found Calella to be extremely quiet at this time of year, in fact there appeared to nothing much going on at all, & although we are not people looking for 24/7 entertainment, this was too quiet for us, & as the weather was disappointing, we were pleased that we were there for just a short break. We also found where there was a little entertainment, (I will not name the bars), the prices they charged for drinks was extortionate, & families with children were paying well over the odds for even soft drinks, a shame really, because more people would have stayed later in these establishments, if people could have spent less, & from my own experience, as a vodka/coke drinker, the strength of same was VERY poor, & my husband said the beer wasn't the best either, but the owners know their punters want somewhere to go at night &

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kelper
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We stayed in the hotel for 7 nights in double standard room with HB. The room was exactly what you could expect from two stars hotel - simple, modest and clean, but has excellent sea view and balcony for leisure sitting with glass of wine observing the sunset. Staff was friendly, especially ladies at check-in table and restaurant manager. Breakfast exceeded all expectations considering 2-star hotel. Cold meats, tomatoes, cheese, eggs, bacon, 3 or 4 sorts of hot dogs, 2 sorts of cereals, milk, yogurt (2 sorts), 3 sorts of cakes and churros and, of course, hot drinks (coffee, tea, chocolate). Actually, juices (orange, pineapple, multivitamin) could be of better quality, but it is nothing in comparison with all above mentioned. As for dinner I have to begin with that it was scheduled at the right time - not too early, not too late. And the most important thing is - selection of plates was vast (various vegetables, 4 sorts of salads, soup, 2 or 3 second courses (fish, meat, pasta), not all foods every day was perfect, but you could find something really good and nice. Selection of fresh fruits and desserts was incredible if you still not forgot that you were staying with 2 star hotel. Summing up, board was unexpectedly very good. We really really liked this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Xitronique
Reviewed September 8, 2010

So... I was there with my (7) friends from school ... we spent there a week which I must say was very very nice.... Unfortunately, we had rooms without the sea view... but who cares? .. I think that everybody can go out of the hotel for ex. to the beach and admire the views.... Our weather was fantastic... not so hot, but even cold...we swam in the sea and the water was excellent... We really enjoy the week there,... in a hotel .. the staff was very nice to us... we had a nice talk with the staff in the "restaurant" of the hotel.... and men in bar were also very nice to us... the only thing we didn't like was the hotel behind.. because there were a group of young german boys ... some school trip.. and they were very very noisy at night.. but it happened only twice.... and anyway... it was not fault of the hotel Internacional... It is fault of their parents who didn't bring up them well...

And about the dishes... I think that they were pretty good... I liked the variety of them.. and I really appreciate that I could taste spanish specialities.... and I think that this is why people should travel... to get to know the customs of the country and typical dishes...

So I would recommend this hotel to everybody... (well to everybody who is not spoiled and can appreciate an effort) ... :)

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We had a great time here. The staff in the bar were really friendly. The restaurant staff looked a little stressed out with the buffet style food on offer for guests! The food was good value for money, plenty of salad options and a variety of hot dishes for both lunch and dinner. You were given a table number for lunch and dinner and usually shared a table with other guests. Some people may not like this, but we befriended our dinner guests and spent every evening at the bar with them! Re breakfast, In all honesty, I didn't wake up early enough!

The hotels location is fantastic if you're a beach goer. The hotels swimming pool is too small for the size of the hotel, but with the beach a stones throw away, does it really matter?

Our room was basic and really really clean. I will be returning next year to this hotel for a low-cost holiday, next to the beach and with friendly hotel staff - what else do you really need!

The hotel put on entertainment most evenings which were always quite fun and created a good atmosphere.

I would highly recommend this hotel for a low-cost holiday.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple