All reviews rooftop pool anna marie train station lovely hotel small hotel light sleeper all inclusive drinks soft drinks narrow streets barcelona airport tables and chairs sun loungers hotel is situated sea view lunch and dinner pasta lots of shops
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2019

If you want a QUITE REST - that's not here! Apart from pretty noisy street I think 90% of the rooms are faicing, there is also hotel's restaurant veranda there, where 3 times a week there is a music night. Starting from 21.30 and finishing at 23.20-23.30! Guys, you are a hotel, not a night club, I think 23.30 is too much. Closing windows will not help as music is too loud. I called the reception, I came to reception - no effect. They just shrug and say that usually everything ends at 23.00, but if guests ask "one more song", they play. Well, 23.30 is not one more song. This is my 3rd stay at this hotel and unfortunatelly the last. Guests in the bar paying for drinks are more important then those, who just want to sleep? Well, very disappointing. Very not thank you, Espanya:(

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

First of all I'll just say the 5* is based on what to expect for your money and how much I enjoyed my break.
Cava on arrival was a nice treat although in hindsight we probably should have had water . Arrived around 12:30 pm so a little early for check in but there was somewhere for us to get changed and leave our luggage. We went all inclusive and was able to have lunch on the first day. Didn't mind the 5€ deposit for the wristband, just meant we got our money back on check out although we were offered to forfeit our deposit in order to keep using the all inclusive after 10am on the last day but our plan was always to spend the last day in Barcelona after check out but it's a good offer if you have a late flight.
As well as the wristband we were given a drinks card each so you could obtain a drink from the rooftop terrace bar or lobby bar and each time you took your glass back you could have a fresh drink, whilst some people have reviewed the hotel and said they didn't see the point I also noticed the hotel wasn't littered with empties everywhere like some places I've stayed so I think it helps to keep the hotel clean and there isn't really a point to more than one drink at a time as they just get warm, we were able to take it in turns however and get 2 drinks when 1 of us went to the bar so no problem.
A few people have also commented about the lack of sunbeds. The hotel definitely has space for more than it has out and could do with replacing the broken ones and ones that have made their way on to some rooms balconies. I think it is great the terrace area doesn't open until 10am and on 2 days we went up after breakfast we were able to get sunbeds and was gone 11/12 before they were all taken.
The rooms were clean, shower was lovely. Hairdryer not much use, gave up trying to dry my hair. Food was tasty, always plenty choice although I'm not sure how suitable it would be for picky eaters.
Not much entertainment but we didn't go for that anyway, the entertainment we did try and stay up to watch (this was a relaxing holiday with wind down time being priority) was do called live music but was just a 'DJ', a screen and old music videos.
If you are a light sleeper I'd take earplugs, whilst the train noise didn't bother me, I want to ensure I had a good night's sleep. Could hear upstairs' bed when they turned over.
Wasn't fussed about the view from the room, it was just somewhere to sleep and had the views from the rooftop to enjoy.
Another review complained about being able to see people's washing, not sure what they expected when people also have residential properties nearby but was nice to also do a bit of people watching from the terrace .
Only downside was the rooftop bar running out of gin (not just our fault!) and it not being replaced so had to change to a different drink.

Actually considering going back next year to the same hotel as it's really good value and covered everything we needed.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2019

The trains run from 5 am to midnight we were unlucky to get a room at the front mts from the train line however the drivers did give us a toot as they sped past, the reception staff were lovely and friendly not so the rest, The hot food was generally on the cold side, the choice very limited either cooked bones and or pasta little or no vegtables and we are not fussy eaters, The pool and its 11 sunbeds on the top floor was small, the room was smaller than shown in the official picks but adequate a lack of draws and a mirror in a place that made it unusable , the bath/ shower was very slipy had to use a towel to prevent fall, the hotel pick up and return was ok -would we return again NO

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 7, 2019

My mum and I stayed here in June, we had a lovely room at he back away from the train noise, the beds were very comfortable, bathroom and room always kept very clean, the view from the roof is fantastic and the pool is good, sunbeds are few but nice if you get one as its a bit more windy on the roof and keeps you cool I came home after a week with the best tan ever. Recommend this hotel staff are lovely breakfast was okay.

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank Mckinneybelfast
Reviewed July 28, 2019

We stayed here last week,read the reviews and thought we'll give it a go,we usually book 4 star.The hotel laid on a mini bus to pick us up from the transfer drop off 750 meters away,the staff were very pleasant and very helpful,couldn't be better.cheerful to boot.I was a bit disappointed to have to pay tax at the hotel,although it was only 50c per person per night,then the safe 4€ a day or 20€a week with 10 € refundable deposit,the fridge was a further 4€ a day or 20€ a week.there was only one lift to all 6 floors,but didn't have to wait much all the time we were there.The room was a little out dated and small in my opinion,the ceiling was a little flaky.The TV set high on the wall had only one English channel and that was BBC World News.(Channel 45).the balcony was very small and only room for 2 chairs,you had to make sure that the air con in the room was off,or you got baked by the cooler fan on the balcony.the train on the front wasn't too bad until hey blasted the hooter every time they went by,The sleep quality I found wasn't too good,as you could hear every body,especially those up stairs with heels on,and the sliding doors to the balconies were very noisy,could do with some oil.The rooms were always clean and tidy and free Air con.The food wasn't what we're used to either,not a great choice and cool to luke warm at best,Odd day no bacon,twice no beans and a general lack of vegetables,the sausage choice was very poor,the resturant was very small and couldn't accomodate all the guests at one time.The food was well cooked but as I said earlier lacking in heat;Thanks to all the staff who made the best of a medioca hotel.could benefit from a good overhaul,and revamp.Not a bad location for the railway station though.The sea front was just across the road over the railway,there are passage points.We had to get a taxi to the pick up point as the mini bus we were told was in the garage.There is a room that you can put your baggage and an air conditioned room downstairs with showers and toilets,we had to vacate by 10am and the transfer bus wasn't till 4pm,so very helpful that way.all in all a pleasant stay but I don't think one to be repeated.

Room tip: not sure on this one
Date of stay: July 2019