Me and my partner booked this holiday without knowing where we were staying and our initial thoughts were that it looked nice. We booked at last minute deal for cheap and stayed for 1 week all inclusive. It had a big pool out the back, two smaller pools out front, a decent bar, nice large reception area and a large restaurant downstairs. It also had a small shop however we didn't use this as the local shops were only a 5 minute walk away.
- The pool was cold and dirty, nobody went in!
- The restaurant was vile, the floor was messy, there weren't any staff around to ask what was in each dish, you had to search for cutlery and the food quality and variety was horrible.
- The entertainment area was nice however for small children there is only a small pool table and a small games machine, that was it.
- The entertainment was OK however we tended to go off the complex at night for our dinner and usually stayed out.
- The beers were served in small plastic half pint glasses and your glass was your 'unlimited drinks token' so don't lose it whatever you do! however you could upgrade to a large pint handled glass for 1 euro.
- The staff didn't communicate much with the customers i.e. on the reception desk and at the bar however on one occasion i had to be rushed to hospital with a kidney infection so the staff took care of me whilst my partner went to get our insurance cards - for that i am truly grateful to them.
- The room was basic, bed, bathroom, balcony, and desk however it was good enough for us as we didn't spend much time in the hotel because of the lack of activities and poor value food.
- It also had a pool bar which wasn't open as it wasn't summer!
- the beach was only a short distance away and it was lovely, had some great beach bars on it and guests of the HTOP Olympic get a discount on food and drink at blu bar on the beach front!
some great restaurants to visit... the western grill - great pizzas! the TOP bar - great English breakfast! curlys bar - great atmosphere, lovely people and a pool table! our favourite though was gringo joes restaurant and bar white was a brit bar just round the corner from the hotel and had its own pub, the white horse, downstairs! amazing place!
The actual place, Calella, was beautiful, just a short walk from the hotel was a lovely little courtyard that had shops bars and restaurants and they were all lovely. There was a nice little 'village' like place a bit further on and that was a great walk. The train station was close by if you fancied a day trip to Barcelona however we didn't as i was too ill.
For the price that we paid, we got what we paid for however this hotel certainly isn't an all inclusive hotel. We would love to come back to Calella but will definitely check which surrounding hotel we will stay in!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3-Star H·TOP Olympic hotel is in a quiet residential area of Calella in Costa Maresme-Barcelona (north-east Spain), just 350 metres away from the beach. It is the ideal choice for young couples and groups looking for a centric hotel with a young, lively and friendly atmosphere and a good standard of accommodation. It is situated at 65 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 35 Km from Girona Airport. Calella is a family tourist destination, a lively city where you will find plenty of shops, bars, restaurants and nightlife. Calella boasts its own mini train that circles the town during the summer and stops right outside the hotel, so getting around couldn’t be easier. Clients from H·TOP Olympic can visit Blue Bar Beach Club which offer sun beds and parasols with special rates for clients with All-Inclusive service. The classical 517-room H·TOP Olympic provides many facilities and services for adults and children. FACILITIES Rooms • 2 Social rooms (billard and recreatives) • Restaurant • Bar • Swimming pools (three for adults and one for children) • Sun terraces • Souvenirs/gift shop Children • Miniclub • Playground • Baby cots and chairs Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping • Tour desk Others • Currency exchange • Car hire • Fax & copy service* • Medical service (external service)* • Air-conditioning • Heating • Safe boxes (in each room)* • Wi-Fi* • TV • Luggage storage (coin lockers) • Lifts • Bikes* • Parking* • Discounts Bar Beach Club *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your H.TOP Olympic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h Top Olympic Calella
- Hotel h Top Olympic
- h Top Olympic Hotel
- Hotel Olympic Calella
- h Hotel Top