“RUN AWAY!”
Review of H.TOP Olympic

H.TOP Olympic
Ranked #37 of 43 Hotels in Calella
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Me and my partner booked this holiday without knowing where we were staying and our initial thoughts were that it looked nice. We booked at last minute deal for cheap and stayed for 1 week all inclusive. It had a big pool out the back, two smaller pools out front, a decent bar, nice large reception area and a large restaurant downstairs. It also had a small shop however we didn't use this as the local shops were only a 5 minute walk away.

- The pool was cold and dirty, nobody went in!
- The restaurant was vile, the floor was messy, there weren't any staff around to ask what was in each dish, you had to search for cutlery and the food quality and variety was horrible.
- The entertainment area was nice however for small children there is only a small pool table and a small games machine, that was it.
- The entertainment was OK however we tended to go off the complex at night for our dinner and usually stayed out.
- The beers were served in small plastic half pint glasses and your glass was your 'unlimited drinks token' so don't lose it whatever you do! however you could upgrade to a large pint handled glass for 1 euro.
- The staff didn't communicate much with the customers i.e. on the reception desk and at the bar however on one occasion i had to be rushed to hospital with a kidney infection so the staff took care of me whilst my partner went to get our insurance cards - for that i am truly grateful to them.
- The room was basic, bed, bathroom, balcony, and desk however it was good enough for us as we didn't spend much time in the hotel because of the lack of activities and poor value food.
- It also had a pool bar which wasn't open as it wasn't summer!
- the beach was only a short distance away and it was lovely, had some great beach bars on it and guests of the HTOP Olympic get a discount on food and drink at blu bar on the beach front!

some great restaurants to visit... the western grill - great pizzas! the TOP bar - great English breakfast! curlys bar - great atmosphere, lovely people and a pool table! our favourite though was gringo joes restaurant and bar white was a brit bar just round the corner from the hotel and had its own pub, the white horse, downstairs! amazing place!

The actual place, Calella, was beautiful, just a short walk from the hotel was a lovely little courtyard that had shops bars and restaurants and they were all lovely. There was a nice little 'village' like place a bit further on and that was a great walk. The train station was close by if you fancied a day trip to Barcelona however we didn't as i was too ill.

For the price that we paid, we got what we paid for however this hotel certainly isn't an all inclusive hotel. We would love to come back to Calella but will definitely check which surrounding hotel we will stay in!

Room Tip: if you have any concerns with your room then i would speak to the reception staff, they were helpful...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tegzi

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Went to this hotel 8 yrs ago then last April found big changes ,going again march good value for what you pay . been capella palace to .and can't see how people complain .for the price they pay if the food is not what you fancy eat out simple .

Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank cathy d
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Hotel is ok. Not bad. However it is quite away from the beach, the road to the beach is steep.
Food is good, swiming pools nice, but quite small as for such a big hotel. It is worth visiting definetly. Calella as such, is beautiful , close to Barcelona

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank J0anna_B1983
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I went last August with a friend it's about my 7 time there the hotel is basic but clean the food has got far much brpetter over The years I been going rec staff very friendly I have booked to go back on the 25th July for a week x

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2014

A nice hotel (A little dated) but a good clean value for money hotel in a nice seaside town not far from Barcelona nice food good staff clean rooms and a bargain around april -may time worth a visit if only to put another place on your holiday map

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank dannyb0y80
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Don't go!! Yes its cheap but its still not worth it!! We went as a second holiday for my birthday in October, if this had been my main holiday I would have been devastated! Myself, my boyfriend and my 2 friends shared a room, it was tiny! They squeezed the four single beds together so it was just like one big bed for the wardrope the the balcony doors no gaps in between. The drawers where sat on top of each other up the wall! Its was unbelievable! We asked for it to get took out the room as it was takin up the very little room we had and was quite hard for us to squeez past it, there solution was sit it on the tiny balcony lol so there it sat for the full week. The food was really disgusting worst I've ever had on holiday by a mile! Breakfast was the only edible meal but after the sleazy bar staff that latched on to us told us not to eat out the kitchen we decided just to go out for that as well and the flys at lunch were a disgrace crawlin over everything loads of them and food wasn't covered. Every time I past the canteen at eating times I had to cover my mouth and nose as the smell made me feel physically sick! Location was rubbish as well I can't get my head round why ppl on this would go back! Everyone we met where only there on fag runs lol entertainment was terrible, doped up snake and the same kids songs over and over again. Would never return if you paid me!!! As I said it was a bonus cheap holiday for us 250 each but it wasn't for my two friends the only thing that kept me goin all week was the horror on there faces, which seems a bit sad but it was a if you don't laugh you'll greet situation. Never been so happy to get home from anywhere in all my life! Watch the staff too as one of my friends got grabbed and pulled into a toilet with them!! Luckily she can handle herself and told him where to go but previous to this they were actually following us to the dancing which was a bit creepy! So yip save your money if you want a cheap break away you'd be much better just goin to your local premiere inn! I had to write this review as the ones ive just read are extremely misleading!! I can't believe anyone would enjoy it we never met anyone there who were enjoy themselves that is the gods honest truth not one person. You have been warned.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank vikkivikki2013
Reviewed January 3, 2014

right, i'm only 18 and i went to this hotel for new years with my family, n when i read the reviews before going i was like 'dad have you read these reviews, i dont wanna go' then when i got there i was amazed by how many pools there were, the look of the bar, how frindely the reception staff were! i really enjoyed myself! the food was basic, but lovely! the rooms were small, but your only in there too sleep so there was no problem, the entertainment was brilliant! the bar staff are so lovely, gave me many free drinks, grew a strong bond with a few of them! was gutted when i left, really wanted to stay longer! 5 nights wasnt enough for me!! i'd deffo go back to this hotel n recommened it to anyone! going back there in the new year again on a girls holiday with my friends!! can't wait too see the bar staff again! don't be put of by peoples negative reviews because the olympic hotel is fab!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Paige G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calella
H.TOP Calella Palace & Spa
#17 of 19 in Malgrat de Mar
H.TOP Royal Beach
H.TOP Royal Beach
#76 of 124 in Lloret de Mar

Been to H.TOP Olympic? Share your experiences!