H.TOP Olympic
Average 3/5
Excellent 5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
2,549 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2013

3 of us cramped in hotel room, food ok, staff arrogant. I arrived at my room me , my 16 year old and 11 year old, to 3 single beds crammed together, and not enough room to swing a cat. The food was ok, nothing to shout about, but for what I paid, what did I expect, The activities were rare, and if on going was the same, day in day out. Lots of young people partying all night long on balcony's regardless of who in bed, and running up and down corridor's knocking on doors, screaming and shouting. The staff were arrogant, rude and obnoxious, this including the manager and reception staff. sooo glad to get home with my boys, its a lesson very much learnt.

Room Tip: no even if 4 of you theyre will be 4 single beds crammed into a room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank louienfrankofLB
Reviewed September 30, 2013

After reviews on here myself and friends decided to go with an open mind for a weeks all inclusive holiday. We were so glad it was only a week as two weeks would have been far too much. I will admit i was not expecting much and that's exactly what i got. A two hour flight and then a one and a half hour transfer to the hotel from the airport seemed ok but it was an experience i would not like to happen again as we were kept waiting on the shuttle for one and a half hours waiting for other planes to land and more passengers to board before we set off so you can imagine how tired we all were upon arrival at the hotel. The book in was quick but although we were all inclusive any drinks we wanted had to be purchased.as all inclusive did not start until 12pm the following day. The room was basic which we knew but surely a hairdrier or a kettle could have been provided.The reception staff surprisingly were very helpful but oh dear if qualifications in the miserable face department were needed for barmen jobs then these guys win hands down. Not one smiled and could in fact be rude to customers so much so they were the talk of others around us. The food was awful and i agree with other reviews on here that although palatable you soon got sick of the fare on offer so much so we ate only twice during our stay, Oh yes the free ice cream is only for the children and only the small cones too lol. If you must visit this hotel i advise to book b&b here as it is much better going out to the vast restaurants and eateries which are quite cheap if you look around among'st the lovely streets of Calella. what a lovely town it is and more than made up for the disappointment of the hotel olympic hotel. Calella itself i recommend to anyone but look for a better hotel near the beach as you will enjoy your stay much better forget three star this back in the uk would be one star.

Room Tip: try booking a room facing from the front of the hotel if you want any sun
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank pebs44
Reviewed September 29, 2013

went to this hotel with an open mind as it was only a cheap holiday break. the hotel is overdue a facelift, but is perfectly clean. when the hotel is full there is some queuing and waiting for table in the dining room, but we have found that's common with all inc hotels. the food wasn't as good as some other all incs we have had, but its edible and despite being quite basic i managed to find plenty to eat. the coffee from the machine is terrible, its the worst i've ever had, and i've had mellow birds!
the rooms have paper thin walls and the odd guest on their return from local night clubs appears to only get their room doors to close if they really give them a good slam. only got woke up a couple of times tho. the room itself was great for us, clean and tidy.
the hotel has 3 pools i only went in one of them and the water was like most pools- chuffing cold at first but ok after a couple of mins.
i heard complaints from some about the bar staff being miserable. just a hint of cheerfulness and friendliness towards them and the odd small tip made all the difference.

here comes my moany bit.
if you wanted a decent size beer, rather than the standard one glass fits all, you had to pay extra. its like they don't understand that beer naturally comes in larger glasses.
the alcoholic drinks were 'very low alcohol'. one night i had loads of brandy and cokes and worked it out to have been at least half a bottle, yet i wasn't even tipsy!
another guest was telling someone who had just arrived "you can drink here all day and all night and you won't get anywhere near drunk" so its not just me. i
the way we got round this was to have a bottle or 2 of what we like in our room ( this is forbidden in the hotel,but the maids never grassed on us) for later on

the beach bar is nice and you get drinks half price with your all inc card. the drinks there do contain alcohol too.

overall the hotel was an ok hotel in a decent location, but really needs to sort the drinks out as being stone cold sober at the end of an evening isn't good. however we did enjoy our stay there and would probably return as its a cheap and cheerful holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank harbottle31
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I came with my boyfriend for a nice relaxing week from our stressful busy schedules and we don't get a lot of time together so we booked a week away. First off we had to pay tax on arrival which I have NEVER heard of, the hotel is full of scruffy chavs. We then went to our rooms, the room smelt disgusting there was bugs in the bath and the toilet was just vile. We then went for a 'snack' which was cold chips n pink uncooked cold burgers n salad oh and the staff was moaning at us about drinks. The staff are very disrespectful! We went to our rooms and all we could hear was screaming shouting and loud music till about 2 A.M. I had lots of stuff stolen from my room, I told the staff about this and they said I am a liar. The ques for food is terrible the staff shout and moan at you along with tarty scruffy chavs pushing you out the way the food is repetitive and gross. The ques for drinks at the bar is awful as well, some fat chavs seem to enjoy slagging me off because I wasn't in a tracksuit and I was dressed up, don't go here! The town Callea is also full of rough rude scruffs! Horrid town horrid people horrid place never coming to this hell hole of a hotel or town infact never gong to spain again!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank jodielee9
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here from 21st September to 28th and after only paying just under 180 each for a week all inclusive, I couldn't understand why all the dinner sets weren't in silver and why receptionists weren't throwing rose petals under my feet every time I walked from my room to the pool. No bidet, no complementary YSL parfum in the room and if it wasn't for my dear lady girlfriend, I would have had to go and get my own food. I'm joking!

You get what you pay for, the location is very good indeed, the hotel is a little basic but it IS clean, there is a selection of food that is edible - Go and see the chef twice a day who cooks meals each day in front of you if you don't like the sometimes quirky entrants of food available. I found something to eat EVERY single meal time. It wasn't mad busy so we always got a sunbed and always found a table to eat.

The drinks are definitely less proof than the branded ones but they get you merry without wanting to go mad! On the last night we took a small 'magic bottle' to top up with a little bit of extra kick but this I wished I hadn't. The lager is estrella and definitely is full strength (Its 4.99 for a pack of 4 of these rascals in Tesco back in Blighty if they float your boat). The card system makes sure that no empty glasses are left hanging around the place.

If you strike up a conversation with the waiters, they will respond back with a smile and the odd tip here and there adds to this experience but approach them for 7 days with a face/atitude like someone has just shot your dog and I'm sure you wont get a hi-de-hi response.

We had a group of young lads who were generally noisy and abusive but security soon gave them their marching orders. Arrive here expecting to trash the place and you wont be lasting long at all.

Most people I spoke to said that their holiday was quite enjoyable but you do get 1 or 2 moaners who expect to pay nowt and get double JD and cokes for 14 hours a day. One couple we spoke to had been to most of the other HTOP hotels in the chain and liked them. Someone must be doing something well for the money.

What needed improving?
1. The pools were quiet walnut whippingly cold!
2. The walls are quite thin and my thunder drill snoring woke our German neighbours up a couple of times. The gentleman did retaliate a couple of mornings with random downstairs trumpet attacks at first light which woke me up with a start, but I decided to call a stalemate and left a couple of pairs of cheap earplugs over their balcony and we never heard from them again.
3. On the odd occasion, the food needed labelling better but I just treated it like a mystical surprise as to what you was having. A bit like playing russian roulette with unlabelled discount foods tins.

My final word... If you want to get away on a budget, come here and just enjoy yourselves like we did. Don't expect the Ritz and you won't go crackers.

Room Tip: A room at the front gives you sun on your balcony most of the day.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank leematt2k
HTOPHotels, Director of Sales at H.TOP Olympic, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear guest,

First of all thanks a lot for choosing us to spend your vacation time and for your kind words. Your opinion is very important for us. It is nice to hear you were happy with our staff and services. We are trying our best to improve our services but we need your help as well as of all our guests. We hope to see you again and please, do not hesitate to contact us if you ever do visit us in the future. It would be nice to greet you in person.