“Average”

Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Calella
Dublin, Ireland
“Average”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is an average hotel, rooms are clean but very noisy, could here everything that went on in room next door.Breakfast buffet basic (I was surprised that in Spain they are offering canned fruit instead of fresh one). I got the feeling from the staff on the reception as if individual guests were not that important as the the tours.
I would not recommend it if you are looking for a nice place to spent romantic holidays, more suitable for budget travellers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
SerhsHotels, Propietario at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear customer,

We welcome your comments, as customers come first for us and we constantly improve our product and the resulting customer satisfaction.

Hotel Serhs Oasis Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in the oasis park with my 3 friends even though we are young we were not looking for a clubbing holiday but a quite beach break. We had two 2 bed rooms both were basic but spotless they were cleaned daily along with sheets n towels being changed. The Walls between bedrooms are thin and you could hear next door in the shower ect but you got use to it.
The food was aimed more at the europen clients than the British but we go away to try different things. Saying that the snacks were burger, chips ect if you do fancy something more British. They also always had a toastie maker with cheese and ham in the dineing room if you couldn't find anything else, which is had to believe. There was a good choice everyday and they had food cooked in front of you as well as theme nights.
The AI drinks were good quality and plenty of choice. The cup n card method was easy to work after the 1st time however if you drink beer you might get bored of going to the bar as the plastic cups don't hold a lot.
The staff were friendly and helpful especially the bar staff who were always a laugh, entertainment was good in the evening.
Location is good close to the beach and main town but far enough back to avoid the noise from the bars and clubs at night.
Over all we had a great time and would go back again.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Emmasteg

regards

Dagenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I don’t normally write reviews but I am making an exception for this hotel as I feel previous reviews are very unfair. I wonder if people are writing about other hotels, there are a few Oasis Park Hotels in resorts close by.
So to make this clear this review is about the HOTEL SERHS OASIS PARK IN CALELLA. This is a 3 star hotel; it has three big yellow stars on top of the hotel that you can see as you approach it, so it baffles me why people are reviewing it as a 4 star.
Food and drink was pretty good and there was plenty of it, as with most budget all inc hotels it’s buffet style help yourself at all meal times, we always managed to get a decent meal out of it. I would agree with people that the card system to get your drinks is a pain, I asked the bar staff why they did it this way and they told me that it was to stop mess and make people bring their glasses back, which makes sense I suppose. It also probably reduces staff costs.
We found the staff very friendly, helpful and efficient especially Maria on reception she couldn’t do enough for us and always had a smile on her face. Even the night security man was really pleasant; I had to call security one night to assist a very drunk Brit (there is always one that gets carried away) who couldn’t get into his room. He managed to bundle him into his room then he cracked a few one line jokes that made all the irate guest laugh and go back to bed happy.
Room was excellent it had two rooms one with twin beds and one with a double. The bathroom was very nice with twin sinks and a bidet, toilet, shower and bath. Room had views over the three swimming pools and was cleaned daily. TOP TIP If you find your room has twin beds and a locked adjoining room go to reception and ask for the key both the rooms are yours, there is only one entrance to these rooms so everything behind the card key door is yours.
People have commented on the German students, there was a party at the hotel when we were there. They were from Holland and not Germany and they were quite well behaved, just the usual noise and larking about that you would get off any group of 16/17 year olds.
The area of Calella is very nice once you get past the all-day breakfast pubs. If you want a traditional tapas bar try Champanillo Bar don’t be put off by first appearances its very good and very cheap.
All in all we had a lovely holiday in a lovely hotel, excellent value for money and would defiantly return to this hotel. This holiday was excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BlackDave
SerhsHotels, Propietario at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear guest,

We welcome your comments, as customers come first for us and this encourages us to constantly improve our product and the resulting customer satisfaction and being in continuous improvement.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

After booking this hotel and then reading the reviews on here, myself and friends (party of 5 adults) were extremely worried about what we were going go find when we arrived. We all travel frequently and have stayed in some top hotels that were not as good as this one!! people need to remember when they book this is a 3 star hotel and NOT a 5 star, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!
From the time we checked in we found the staff to be helpful and polite. We had an apartment of 3 people & an apartment of 2 people, both had 2 bedroms with a twin and a double in each, each bedroom had a large balcony and air conditioning, appartments had large bathrooms with double sinks, shower, wc & bidet. our rooms overlooked the 3 swimming pools. the bar was well stocked and we always got served quickly and with a smile, the food in the restaurant was always fresh, hot and plentyfull & snacks are also available from the bar between meal times.
We are not the type of people to stay in the hotel and just do 'the all inclusive thing' (im sure if you did then you would get bored if it, but then I would do in a top 5 star after a few days!!) but the time we did spend at the hotel was most pleasent!!
To sum up, the hotel was always spotlessly clean throughout, rooms were cleaned daily, bar & restaurant were in my opinion much better than 3 star. Although we were out each evening and didnt see it there was entertainment every evening for children first, then adults a little later, all staff were always polite and friendly & I would not hesitate to return to this hotel or recommend to friends, FNTASTIC VALUE FOR MONEY!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank gumbut5
Dear guest,

Your opinion has been important to improve the services, we would like to have your visit again.

Cheshire
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is lovely..cant fault it. Its clean, staff are friendly considering how many hours they work they remain polite at all times. I say this as they are spoken to quite rudely by many people who think they are royalty. Drinks are good..great choice for 3* including many cocktails and amaretto..which is a first for all inc for me. Food is varied and ediable. I travel a lot around europe and the food is as good as some hiltons ive stayed in.

There isnt much in the way of daytime entertainment..but i came here to relax. Night time is a mini disco and other acts..magician..bingo etc. Basic AI spain.

The hotel is in a perfect location. Surrounded by bars an trinket shops. Its about a ten min walk to the main centre..a very pleasant walk. The beach is backing onto to the shops. Fab fab fab.

Me and my partner (late 20s) have no complaints about this hotel at all. An hes a typical moaning man :-P Ive had worse 4*s an paid alot more money.

I would return here definately. Especially to go back to Papas bar..fantastic. Very enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed September 2012

Mannheim, Germany
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I am tour leader and travelling over the world and sleeping aprox. 200 nights in a year in the hotels over the world. But five nights in this hotel was not so nice.

Room was clean but

such a unpleasant aproach from hotel staff I did not see for such a long time!!! Everything what I asked was a big problem!!!

Gastronomy very poor. Everyday same bufet. Steaks from grill without any spices, gyros was not gyros!!!

So I can not recomended this hotel, never ever!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear customer,

We welcome your comments, and we want to convey our concern for them, which already made ​​and seek and perform a thorough survey of our management systems so that events do not happen again as we described.

Hotel Serhs Oasis Park

Travelers are raving about these Calella hotels

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just came back from a 2 week holiday...at last I can sleep!!!! Hotel has major problems with foreign students running down corridors, banging on doors, Shouting, partying in each others rooms until 4-5am in morning, annoying guests by ringing them via phone in middle of night, and generally making a nuisance if themselves!!! Not to mention the walls are so thin I could hear a couple having sex for 45 mins at 4am in morning!!!!!! ...not ideal when I'm a single parent having to run around after a 2 year old daughter throughout the day... Hard when you've only had 2-3 hrs sleep per night! The staff security tried their best to try & deal with this problem but within 10 mins another group would start. I've read other reviews from 2 years ago with the same issue at this hotel so you would of thought the hotel would of seriously tackled this problem..either by relocating the students, more security, or CCTV etc.
This hotel seems more aimed at German and polish etc, as the foreign daytime entertainment staff didn't really make that much of an effort to get to know us British!!! The kids club was pathetic, the lady made no effort with my child..sat there talking to another child from her country throughout!!! the indoor ball play area was locked & a member of staff had lost key!
Mealtimes was chaotic & noisy...not relaxing! Felt rushed!
Food was ok but was similar everyday just slight variation. Some Drinks from dispenser regularly weren't available so you were limited on what to drink.
The restaurant staff were very friendly & made an effort with my child.
I was on an all inclusive holiday but you had to pay extra for proper sprite, coca cola, vodka, non local beers etc!!!
The hotel swimming pools were good & water games etc can be played, there is a small kids park which needs refurbishing as the wood was blistered and nails rusty and parts loose! Not good when a child is in a swimming costume! A dog had fouled underneath the climbing frame & me & my family told staff twice about the mess! ..days later it was still there! Staff didn't seem bothered!
On the subject of dogs-the hotel is located near to residential flats & many have small dogs, one person had 4-5 dogs! And yes every morning these little dogs would be let out to foul on the nearby streets!!!! Mess everywhere! So yes a trip to the shops meant alot of side stepping!!!
Overall these experiences have put me off going back to this hotel, as it was not a cheap holiday!! Can't call this hotel relaxing at all! :(

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Black2174
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments we will keep on working to better the services and we keep special attention to some behaviours of some young people who can disturb the other guests.