“Noisy at night!-full of Young German students!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Oasis Park

Hotel Oasis Park
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Calella
“Noisy at night!-full of Young German students!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just came back from a 2 week holiday...at last I can sleep!!!! Hotel has major problems with foreign students running down corridors, banging on doors, Shouting, partying in each others rooms until 4-5am in morning, annoying guests by ringing them via phone in middle of night, and generally making a nuisance if themselves!!! Not to mention the walls are so thin I could hear a couple having sex for 45 mins at 4am in morning!!!!!! ...not ideal when I'm a single parent having to run around after a 2 year old daughter throughout the day... Hard when you've only had 2-3 hrs sleep per night! The staff security tried their best to try & deal with this problem but within 10 mins another group would start. I've read other reviews from 2 years ago with the same issue at this hotel so you would of thought the hotel would of seriously tackled this problem..either by relocating the students, more security, or CCTV etc.
This hotel seems more aimed at German and polish etc, as the foreign daytime entertainment staff didn't really make that much of an effort to get to know us British!!! The kids club was pathetic, the lady made no effort with my child..sat there talking to another child from her country throughout!!! the indoor ball play area was locked & a member of staff had lost key!
Mealtimes was chaotic & noisy...not relaxing! Felt rushed!
Food was ok but was similar everyday just slight variation. Some Drinks from dispenser regularly weren't available so you were limited on what to drink.
The restaurant staff were very friendly & made an effort with my child.
I was on an all inclusive holiday but you had to pay extra for proper sprite, coca cola, vodka, non local beers etc!!!
The hotel swimming pools were good & water games etc can be played, there is a small kids park which needs refurbishing as the wood was blistered and nails rusty and parts loose! Not good when a child is in a swimming costume! A dog had fouled underneath the climbing frame & me & my family told staff twice about the mess! ..days later it was still there! Staff didn't seem bothered!
On the subject of dogs-the hotel is located near to residential flats & many have small dogs, one person had 4-5 dogs! And yes every morning these little dogs would be let out to foul on the nearby streets!!!! Mess everywhere! So yes a trip to the shops meant alot of side stepping!!!
Overall these experiences have put me off going back to this hotel, as it was not a cheap holiday!! Can't call this hotel relaxing at all! :(

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Black2174
SerhsHotels, Propietario at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments we will keep on working to better the services and we keep special attention to some behaviours of some young people who can disturb the other guests.

Hotel Serhs Oasis Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

The hotel was clean, some staff was ok, our room was excellent( we are a family of 5 and I was dreading our room but they put us in a big family room on the roof which was fantastic!!! That made my holiday:-), food was ok not much for kids unless ya went into bar area and had burger/hotdog and chips, says there is a gym and there isn't one!!!! Says you can have continental breakfast from half ten and there wasn't !!! Hold on to your PLASTIC beakers!!! When you get a drink coz if you loose em you can't get another drink, some staff rude and ignorant!!!! Kids club brill, entertainment staff are brilliant, they go to to beach for family beach, they entertain children and adults, one to watch out for is Michael he will av you laughing :-) we had a good time but won't be booking this hotel again,

• Stayed August 2012
Dear guest,

Your opinion has been important to improve the services, we would like to have your visit again.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Myself and my husband, have just returned from our honeymoon, with our 8 year old son. we went on the 19th august for a week. The hotel was a 3 star although our agent said it was 4 star. It was neither. The food was absolutely terrible, went all inclusive, but had to eat out. The entertainment, was good for the kids, but that's it. We had numerous problems with the air conditioning, in the entertainment part. The lift broke down, at least 3 times during our stay. I have arthritis. The entertainment throughout the day was limited. We had to keep a plastic cup all week to re-fill as if we were at a child's party. We were so hungry and bored stiff by day 3, i wanted to leave. Fortunately we found the beaches, and calella itself beautiful, although the beach is all small stones no sand, The hotel was old fashioned, with the staff very unhelpful and sometimes quite ignorant. I love calella, but this hotel, i'm sorry is a disgrace, and i would never go back here, when i go on holiday I expect to put on weight not loose a stone. It was also extremely noisy, walls paper thin, we had little sleep due to hotel being overrun by lot's of young German lads. This hotel is definately not for family's, or the english really.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nadine R
SerhsHotels, Propietario at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear customer,

We welcome your comments, and we want to convey our concern for them, which already made ​​and seek and perform a thorough survey of our management systems so that events do not happen again as we described.

Hotel Serhs Oasis Park

Travelers are raving about these Calella hotels

Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was my first holiday on my own, and was my boyfriend's first time too and we had a lovely time at this hotel! Despite having a lot of trouble with coach dropping us off in wrong town and refusing to pick us up at the correct hotel, the reception staff were extremely friendly, spoke very good English, and made sure we knew exactly what to do to get back to the airport. They drew us directions to the train station and told us how much tickets would be and what changes we needed to make. Without them I don't know what we would have done!

We're generally not fussy eaters at all and most of the food was very good - a selection of cooked meat, fish, and themed nights such as Mexican were all very good. I wasn't much of a fan of the salad or vegetables however, seemed very bland, and there were two days when pizza was served and seemed very soggy and tasteless, but we always found something to eat and never went hungry. Breakfast was also pretty good although they didn't vary the options throughout the week so I ended up eating the same things, but still they were nice. Staff were always coming round to collect dirty dishes and all seemed friendly.

I didn't have high expectations for the entertainment but I honestly thought it was excellent - a minidisco for children followed by something different each night. I thoroughly enjoyed the magician show, the flamenco dancers, and the entertainment team put on a number of shows and games which were more aimed at adults but still very enjoyable for all ages. They even offered aqua aerobics, games of pool, ping pong and loads more throughout the day. I cannot praise them enough - they were so friendly and funny!

The all inclusive bar was pretty good, with a selection of cocktails, sangria, beer and soft drinks. I mostly drank ice tea throughout the week but I did enjoy their pina coladas as well. I think the green card system worked very well - where you are given your drink in exchange for your card and then you just return the empty cup for a new drink until you want your card back. Staff were quite friendly and were quick to serve you. They also offered hot dogs, burgers and chips as snacks, and pastries around 4.30.

The three pools were all lovely - although one is for children. Plenty of sunbeds and chairs, parasols are available but there is usually a shady area somewhere if you don't want to be in the sun. You are not allowed to reserve sunbeds the previous night which is not a problem for me personally. There was a jacuzzi by the main pool which was very nice to relax in, but you have to be quick to get in when someone leaves as it was very popular!

Room was basic but comfy and clean, I didn't need a hairdryer and I don't go on holiday to watch TV so the lack of channels is not an issue. New towels provided and room cleaned on a daily basis, maids were friendly and were happy to clean another room when I asked if they could come back in a few minutes. Our room was right next to the restaurant so I found I was woken up around 8am but I was not bothered by this and I never failed to sleep through the night.

Overall I had a fantastic stay at this hotel. It's in a quieter area of the town with a few high rise buildings surrounding it but this did not fuss me. Calella is a lovely town - plenty of shops, old streets to wonder around, cafes/restaurants and a lovely beach. Transport to Barcelona is extremely easy - €8.60 for a return which takes just over an hour, very clean, modern trains with air con. I would recommend both this hotel and Calella to anybody and will definitely return!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SerhsHotels, Propietario at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear guest,

Dear sir/Madam, your opinion has been very important for us to correct everything you did not like and give a better service.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel 3 times now is has excellent facilities, friendly staff and the entertainment is brilliant and the entertainment team are second to none ! There is also a wide variety of food that would suit everybodys needs. It is close to shops, supermarkets and only a short walk tithe beach. I would highly recommend this hotel for any ages !

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Lynds83
Dear guest,

We thank you your opinions. Your opinions are constantly improving our motives.

Stafford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Cons: Lifeguard was very anti-english - we couldnt get away with anything yet any other nationality was allowed free reign. She was on a power trip and on one occassion she stated 'if we couldn't understand her then we were to get out of the pool!' I state she was lifeguard but spent most of her time in bar chatting or flirting with a group of young german guys.
Reception staff were rude - we had a room with bunk beds but top bunk had no safety barrier to stop you falling out. Went down to complain and was treated disgracfully, ending up with one member of staff walking off and the others talking about me in spanish! Ended up going to manager. They had to go out and buy something in the end as they stated this had never been an issue before, i find this very unlikely as english bunk beds come with a standard safety bars built in, again came across as very anti-english.
Since last year drink system changed - had to have a green card which allowed you a drink, this got handed in and every time you wanted a fresh drink you had to take cup back along with room key. We ended up with 8 cards for family of four and you were constantly checking to make sure you returned cups etc so you could get cards back.
Pros: Rooms cleaned every day with fresh towels.
Staff in dining area were lovely, very friendly
Food okay but very little choice for someone like me who like plain english food, very much based on german clients. Was sick of chips by time i came home.

We went last year and returned this year based on good time we had last time. Have to say i will NOT return to this hotel again as has gone down hill and i expect a mutual respect between staff and us as customers which they do not have. If your English good luck to you!

Room Tip: Our view was over pipe work and near cooking facilities so there was smell of cooking fat in the air...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
SerhsHotels, Gerente at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear guest,

Your opinion has been very important for us to correct everything you did not like and give a better service.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Oasis park was very nice and had lots of activities for the little ones to do but the only thing that bothered me was the bar for drinks because you had to take your green and blue card and you could only buy ONE drink at a time and they kept your green card and swiped your blue one then gave it you back but you had to keep your cup and when you wanted another drink (or just wanted your card back) then you took itmohe cup back and then they ither gave you your drink or gave the card back! And the other thing was the staff! They wasn't helpful at all! We had a leek in our room coming down from the room above and they suggested it was the air con although it wasn't ! But apart from the Insidents it was great and we reccmend it to people that likes noise and a great time !

• Stayed July 2012
Dear guest,

We thank you your opinions, they will be very usefuful to improve the service.