Lowest prices for your stay
$48
$44
Hotels.com$48
Priceline$48
travelup.com$71
All reviews nice hotel commercial centre nice room rooms cleaned every day restaurant staff spa balconies bidet maids
Selected filters
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is me .. coming from Canada so my views might be a bit different than say someone from Europe visiting. I spent 9 days here. Thank goodness everyone spoke some English because my Spanish is painful to listen to I am sure.

The hotel was just fine thank you. The staff was great on the front desk, the wait-staff in the dining area were efficient and pleasant and the room was always cleaned in the morning.

The food was fine. Coffee was questionable but the seafood choices, chicken and more made up for everything. Lots of variety every night and something different all the time.

The spa was great and the again no complaints about the pool and the pool area. Was it small? Heck there's an ocean (March but I went in) and 25m pool/spa up the road if you want some lengths. Lots of patio space for sunning if again the beach was a concern.

Bartenders and selection of drinks was great too. The bartender (Martin) even gave us directions to places to see in town.

Downside (that's why it's a 4 not 5).
The walls are paper thin. My goodness I could hear the people next to me talking and the hallways echoed forever. I had earplugs the first night but got used to it thereafter.

WiFi is awful. Terrible. I can't sit in the lobby to do work when I have a room and there is no utility for boosting the signal. When people came back to the rooms in the evening the load crashed the system constantly. This might cause me to look elsewhere.

That said .. great value. Yes you can spend and get more but for what I spent I got what I wanted and more in return.

Room tip: Rooms on the west side had a great breeze. I was overlooking the pool and fresh air/breeze was hard to find.
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank Eric08-416
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Had an enforced stay in this hotel as myself and my hubby were in hospital and missed our return transport. This hotel was really clean staff were friendly and very good to us after being discharged from hospital. food was exceptional Laura and her collegues were really good, sending faxs back to england to our travel insurance company. nothing was to much trouble. hotel in a nice quiet corner

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank nifftyninny47
Reviewed January 5, 2014

.I stayed at this hotel while I visited my parents who were in hospital in Calella. The hotel is in a great location with the beach, hospital, shops etc. all being within 5 minutes’ walk.

Hotel was very clean and modern with excellent friendly helpful staff especially the receptionists. A lot of the staff did speak English which was very helpful
Prices within the hotel were average but you did have to pay a little extra to use the spa facilities.

I intend to use this hotel again when I go back next week to see my parents again.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone if they intend to stay in calella.

If you fancy a good English pint and some proper English food then make sure you visit the English Alcatraz bar just across the road from the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank DarrenM683
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This hotel is not a four star in spite of what they would have you believe. the building and decor are very impressive. There is a spacious reception and bar area where events are staged. the rooms are well maintained, large enough but a little sombre. The staff are friendly and helpful. the pool is small and the area around it crowded with little chance of a sunbed. However, the sea and the beach are very near anyway. The food is what is average about the hotel. There is plenty of it and there is a wide choice but because it is buffet style it is often luke warm or drying out. Dinner will see a choice of sea food, meats, pasta, local dishes etc etc. Breakfast has an amazing choice of hot and cold dishes. The price of the rooms is unbelievably cheap and that is why I might go again.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank FJWhittle
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Bernat II is a big hotel next to the busy main road through the town. It is a short walk from the beach and none of the rooms could be considered as having a view from their balcony. The picture on the site of the pool goes for maximum deception because it is only really big enough for a couple of kids to splash around in. The hotel gets its stars from things like having a partner hotel that has facilities and charging 9€ for their use.
We were unimpressed by the plastic mattress protectors because they make you sweat in the night.
The staff were friendly but they also continued the disingenuous theme. They advertised private transfers to the airport so we enquired about what time. The only way to find out what time they leave is to book but we were assured that when we found out the time we could cancel. The coach company groups people on different flights and different hotels which means that you end up with a long wait at the airport. At 20€ each they are poor value. We were finally given our time late the night before and then told we couldn't cancel. Then we find that payment is in cash only. The train at 4€ is far more pleasant and predictable.

Date of stay: October 2013