“Can't wait to go back”
Review of Hotel Playa Sol

Hotel Playa Sol
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Cadaques
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Great location & views of Cadaques; delicious poolside lunches; helpful staff; small and simple yet still private; renovated this year, so everything new & clean. With all this it seems churlish to complain about the slow (but at least free) wi-fi.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I sent an email to this hotel to cancel my 8-nights reservation (4 months in advance) as we had decided to rent a house instead. I was still interested to keep the one last night (as rentals are for 7 nights), so I asked if they could do that, but they refused as it was high season. Well, too bad. The problem is that by doing so they kept my whole reservation !!!... And 4 months later (without ever trying to contact me the whole time despite my cancellation) they billed me a full night for a week where I had confirmed in writing I would not be staying at their hotel. I went to the hotel in person four times to explain myself to a manager, the first three times they promised to ask somebody else to consider my demand, but the fourth time an employee just laughed at me nastily telling me I could just forget about it (although the manager never officially replied to my request)... Never seen such poor customer service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank TravelBestBB
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Recently returned from the Playa Sol - Lovely Hotel. Location great. Rooms very clean, beds and bedding very comfortable. Staff friendly. Pool area calming together with nice breakfasts. Hope to return soon

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Had always wanted to visit this hotel after about 15 years coming to Cadaques and we loved it. The position is ideal and the pool area lovely. A drawback - like everywhere in Cadaques it's expensive in high season but worth it. Only one thing - children shouldn't be allowed to play in the jacuzzi. I couldn't use it as there were 3 little boys playing in it and to not make a fuss lost out on enjoying it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marymireia
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel is a good choice in Cadaques . Rooms were clean , adequate size and modern with great bathroom. We had a terrace overlooking the water which was lovely . Pool area nicely done . I thought this was reasonable value for money and would stay again. This town is gorgeous !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a very good hotel, with great service. The hotel pool and tennis court maid this 5 perfect days in Cadaques for the children and parents. This is a 4 stars hotel and worth the price. Loved it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband & I arrived at this beautiful hotel on Sunday 30th June, we wanted a 3 night stay - a double room with breakfast and a view of the sea if possible with balcony, (unfortunately they only had a double room with balcony for 2 nights so we changed rooms after the first night), the room was quite expensive 195 euros per night & 12 euros to park our car but it seemed so quaint & charming we went ahead & booked up.

The first morning whilst we sat having breakfast enjoying the most fantastic views one of the bar staff arrived & asked us to sign the bill 14 euros each for breakfast......... to say we were both very shocked is a understatement , my husband went to reception & they said it was all on your reservation papers that breakfast wasn't included !!!! but we were never verbally told which we felt was unfair - we had asked for breakfast but reception staff said they couldn't remember, anyway the lady who my husband spoke to said because it had been unclear to us we could have a coffee & croissant foc in the bar area - the following morning we went to the bar & ordered coffees didn't bother with croissants !!! can you imagine our surprise when again bar staff produced us with a bill ( 5 euros for 2 coffees) !!!!!

Be sure to make it clear when booking this hotel that breakfast is included, it seemed at every twist & turn they wanted to charge for something, we talked to other guests & they felt the same a beautiful hotel but dodgy reception staff. BEWARE

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cadaques
Hotel Sol Ixent
#2 of 37 in Roses
Hotel Blaumar Cadaques
Hotel Blaumar Cadaques
#5 of 13 in Cadaques

Been to Hotel Playa Sol? Share your experiences!