“simply the best”
Review of Anfi Beach Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arguineguin
Anfi Beach Club
Reviewed October 23, 2013

been here many times and as the brochure says " home from home! spot on cannot fault the place every thing you need and want is on site, the only flaw is the on site restaurants can be a bit costly, but only 4 euro taxi to the Porto Rico and restaurants there do 3 course for 10 euros, but as for the site there is a well equip Spar shop with all u need for self catering, love the place some years we have been 3 times in a year it's really fantastic and staff very friendly will be there again soon but saving our points next year to go to Florida to see the Mousse

Room Tip: all rooms have see view with a few restricted view rooms but you are told about this when booking
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rick B

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This place is just the nicest place I have had a beach holiday ever! All Pools on the resort are good, beach good clean and white! All food on the resorts fabulous and staff so helpful. The maroa beach club is a real oasis just to sit and enjoy a cocktail and the food is fantastic! It is well appointed to get around and visit other beaches and villages. The taxis in gran canaria are all clean and it's cheap to get around. Also so clean can't fault it and can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Jess H
Reviewed October 6, 2013

have been a member and owner in anfi beach for over 8 years.
perhaps it is time for me to move on as i was disappointed with a lot of what
was on offer this year.
OK great if you have kids but it will be costly to eat out on site beware!

Apartment spotless as ever house keeper did an excellent job
view from balcony picture perfect cannot be faulted.
reception staff again very professional and a credit to anfi
most appear to have worked there for some years.
Gardens well kept, and beach clean and safe.
Down side pool area very noisy and cluttered with too many sunbeds and parasols.
Children, teenagers and some adults who should know better ,do not observe displayed rules and are a danger to themselves and others. Lifeguards on duty, to be fair weekend female lifeguard was excellent but the male colleague who worked through the week days was pretty effectual. Restaurants serve pretty standard fair but quite expensive for what it is. Get off site as there are good eating places close by.
Chill out bar which used to be a breathe of fresh air is now staffed by persons who seem to have forgot how to smile. But location of bar is fantastic.
For a family holiday with young children that need to be entertained it is an excelllent location, for adults looking for the real Gran Canaria, relaxtion and total luxury it may not be for you.
I have read review as regards pricing at the onsite Spar shop, The shop is approx 20% more expensive than the the Spar in Arguignigan or even better value Hipo Dino note this is where you will find the local spanish population shopping, this must tell you something.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank boffy123
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Our thirteenth year at Anfi. May sound boring but as soon as we get through the door it feels like home and we immediately relax into holiday mode.
Facilities excellent as ever.
Have seen some reviews complaining about prices in restaurants etc. this is a top place - if you want a cheap holiday try your luck elsewhere. For the record I am not sure on site spar prices are much more than elsewhere and tapas tapas does great snacks which are not ott price wise.
Can't wait to get booked in for next year.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ian b
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband & I have just returned from another lovely relaxing holiday, we have stayed at this resort many times since we we became owners in 2004 and always come away feeling like we really have had a great time. The apartments are very spacious the maintenance and cleanliness of the apartments and the whole complex is of a very high standard. The restaurants on site can be quite expensive, but there are others which are not too far away, and sometimes it's nice to stroll out in the evenings to other restaurants. I would have no hesitation in recommending Anfi del Mar as a very nice holiday destination, as and far as the pressure to purchase timeshare goes, you have to be firm and say no, if you really do not want it and it's not for you.
My review may sound biased as an owner, but we have had many holidays to different locations over many years and I can honestly say that none of the package deals we have had actually matched Anfi del Mar.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kay052
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Anfi del Mar is the most wonderful place!!!! It is timeshare, which we ALWAYS said we wouldn't touch until we saw this place. We have gone there every year since we bought in 2007. We love it, my children love it but MOST of all my grandchildren love it!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bennettj
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have been coming to anfi for years having bought in 2002. The accommodation has to be amongst the best I have stayed in, large spacious and cleaned to a very high standard. The grounds as always were immaculate. Ignore reviews which say reps hassle you, I make it clear I am not there to upgrade, buy more etc and I am left alone unless I want them.

Prices unfortunately are getting a little silly now, I always expected them to be slightly higher but I didn't mind as the quality was always higher than neighbouring towns but it seems profits are being put first. On the new chill out Maroa I paid £15 for a jug of sangria than tasted uncannily similar to the cheap bottle I paid just over 1 euro for in the on site spar. to add insult to injury the fruit was tinned!? I remember when the island had a little wood shack that served the best freshly made sangria with a smile. The new look island is done to a high standard but extortionate ... again profits coming first.

It's a shame really, the accommodation, location, beach etc are fabulous but they need to sort out restaurant choices, sipped of service and prices.

Room Tip: go 8th floor or higher
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank poeticjustice2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arguineguin
Marina Suites
#5 of 7 in Arguineguin
Bull Dorado Beach & Spa
Bull Dorado Beach & Spa
#2 of 7 in Arguineguin

Been to Anfi Beach Club? Share your experiences!