Room - Ants crawling all over wall & furniture!! Like thousands of them!! The shower curtain was mouldy and brown. That night (my birthday night) when we were sleeping I kept hearing croaking noises from the wardrobe... asked my boyfriend to check it out and we couldnt find anything yet the croaking noise was still there every few mins - was soo freaky so I asked to change rooms, the receptionist said we couldnt until morning, meaning we had to pull the beds into the living area and I had to sleep with the TV full blast cause I was soo scared of the noise, still dont know what the hell kind of creature was living in there but moved rooms next morning which was slightly better.
Location - Was close to city centre/main attractions but you could not walk there because its directly onto a motorway which meant you had to pay for a 1min ride in a taxi or near enough the same price for a bus. If you think about it 3 Euros there and another 3 back, everyday... it really adds up!
FOOD! - Was appalling! My boyfriend didnt eat anything apart from chips! It was a small meer buffet with very small verity (salad, Meat, potato - THATS IT) food was recycled because the day before would be white rice and the day after paella or something made from the same ingredient used the day before. I regretted dinner time at this place, every other all inc hotel ive been to was never as low as this.
Facilities - The pool was ok, plenty of sunbeds so never had to fight. Not much for the kids. No entertainment at night time so you had to amuse yourselves. No other facilities that we knew of. No lift up to the cafe (where the food is served) you had to literally climb up a hill everyday in the heat - very exhausting.
Staff - some where pretty polite, nobody rude.
Overall - I would never stay at this hotel again. I think they need to have a big clean-up and introduce some nicer food. Some entertainment would have been nice too considering the price we paid. I could have gone away to a 4* hotel instead - wish I did now. Ill always learn from the mistake of staying here. If your looking for clean hotel with facilities, this hotel isnt for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marina Elite Resort is situated in a quiet location on top of Balito Beach offering spectacular views over the Atlantic Ocean. You will reach Anfi beach in about 10 minutes by a pleasant walk along the coast. At just a 5 minute taxi ride away, you will find the lively locations of Puerto Rico and Arguineguin, where you will find a big variety of restaurants, shops, bars, pubs and day or night leisure activities. The Marina Elite offers five types of rooms for all tastes and needs, from simple but cozy one-bedroom apartments to Deluxe rooms equipped with all the luxuries. At the buffet restaurant you can have breakfast, lunch or dinner while you observe the waves breaking on the beach. You can also relax in the two swimmingpools enjoying the sunny weather of the coast of Mogán with a refreshing drink from the poolbar. Children can enjoy the miniclub where plenty of activities will be held to ensure their entertainment. For sportsmen, the Marina Elite offers a tennis court, a gym and a sauna. The Marina Elite is all inclusive, therefore it includes all meals, snacks and drinks that you could desire. You will only have to worry about enjoying your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Elite reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balito Beach Apartments Hotel Arguineguin
- Balito Beach Grand Canary
- Marina Elite Arguineguin, Gran Canaria