“Fantastic food, great welcome from staff”
Review of Los Canarios 1

Los Canarios 1
Ranked #10 of 82 Restaurants in Arguineguin
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Los Canarios 1 er populær blant nordmenn i Arguineguin. Serverer fersk fisk, grillmat og en populær "meksikansk kaffe" etter maten.Stedet ligger i boligområdet bak det grønne senteret i Arguineguin.
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, great welcome from staff”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

having travelled to arguineguin yearly this is one of the restaurants we always have to visit, you have a warm welcome from staff who always remember your face, with a huge selection of food from the menu it is difficult to chose from the delicious dishes. My husband and I give this top marks being a hidden gem off from the main area it is well worth a visit.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Wobblyannie

• Finnish first
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Mixed experience”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Ok, so from the title we had a mixed experience here. First of all the restaurant is in the middle of a residential area so if you want pre dinner drinks have them somewhere else before you go to the restaurant. There is a flight of steps to negotiate. The staff were welcoming and had personality; a good thing. We ordered and then some bread arrived in what I can only say was a grubby basket. It's a while since I've been caught with the bread trick and I don't know why I fell for it this time. Probably not expecting it.

The starter of smoked salmon stuffed with boiled egg and avocado was good and so was my husbands tomato soup. My steak was cooked properly but had a fair amount of gristle. The jacket potato was good and veg equally good but in short supply. Husbands chicken in Mexican sauce came with what looked like tikka masala sauce to me, but he enjoyed it. His came with about 6 small Canarian potatoes so he had half of my jacket potato as well. I don't know where other descriptions of large portions came from.

The bill came with the addition of €3.50 for bread and aioli sauce. I checked the handwritten order and we had not ordered it even by mistake. Payment was given with the deduction of the tip to compensate. Overall, service was good, food was ok and the impression I got was that they were very friendly but a bit complacent.

• Visited May 2014
Ballerup
“Very nice food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food was very nice and service was average.
Remember that the restaurant is on first floor so you need to walk up the stairs to first floor.
The family have been there many times and will return again :-)

Visited April 2014
“Finn E”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

It was OK but not as expected. We have been at Los Canarios several times and been very satisfied.
The food was OK but the vegetables was too much cooked.
They where very bussy that night.

Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and wine”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Both the meat and fish dish we got could not have been better! The wine taking from th upper group of the list, corresponded very well with the price.

• Visited February 2014