This hotel advertises itself as all rooms having a wonderful view of the sea with large balconies. Really? Not the room we received which had a dirty piece of lawn (cigartette ends and paper dropped from higher floors which remained there the 7 days we were there) in front of our small terrace (not balcony)and a potential view of the sea behind a wall blocked by palm trees. The room was average and as there is only a see through piece of glass between shower and room, anyone sitting on the sunbeds on the dirty lawn outside can watch you have your shower. Only one complimentary water on the first day (is that 5 star treatment?) The room was cleaned (not very well) at around 3.30pm everyday and just over an hour later the turn down came. Breakfast buffet was average with many of the hot food (especially the bacon) always cold. The evening buffet we only tried once and it was OK but far too expensive and sitting a cold unromatic yellow light outside with a terrible singer did not want to make us come back for a second evening buffet. There are much better and cheaper restaurants if you go out of the hotel on the beach side, turn left and walk along past the first set of restaurants including Valentinos to a further set of three restaurants of which the best is the Tapas Restaurant Cabo Suroeste. Fantastic food, beautiful sunsets and friendly service.
Positives for the hotel was fast WLAN, friendly staff (especially reception) and the great spar supermarket which is remarkably cheap. I would recommend the hotel but the room price is too high for level of service and room quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the Radisson Blu Resort, Gran Canaria. Perfectly situated on the southern coast of the Spanish island, Gran Canaria. This stunning waterfront resort offers ocean views and sandy beaches along three sides. The island itself provides a wealth of opportunities for enjoyment with picturesque towns, idyllic beaches and 32 Protected Natural Areas. Not far from the resort lies the quaint fi shing villageof Arguineguin, and the well-known Dunes of Maspalomas are located only 10 km. away.The island’s airport, Las Palmas Airport, is a 30-minute drive from the resort and popular tourist attractions like Palmitos Park, LasPalmas and Puerto de Mogán and can be easily accessed via the island’s high-quality road network. At the resort, guests can relax in oneof the 189 rooms and suites and indulge in extensive leisure facilities that include water sports, swimming pools, a garden, a tennis court, a paddle tennis court, a beach tennis court, a gym, a kids club and a full service spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Rezidor, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Radisson Blu Resort, Gran Canaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunas La Canaria Hotel Arguineguin
- Dunas La Canaria Arguineguin
- Radisson Blu Resort, Gran Canaria Arguineguin