Barcelo Corralejo Bay
TripAdvisor
$70
TripAdvisor
5,439 results
All reviewspool areadeluxe roomwellness centrehalf boardexcellent hotelevening entertainmentbreakfast and dinnerrelaxing holidayplenty of choicean adultbottle of cavafree busbars and restaurantsthe main streetsand duneshotel entertainmentplenty of sunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Couldn't fault the hotel, all the staff from checking to bar we're very friendly. We booked a wellness deluxe which had a Balinese bed and jacuzzi on the roof terrace, we felt we were in a goldfish bowl as the rooms overlooked the area. We only used bed once. Food overall very good plenty of choice, but some food was lukewarm. Great that it's adult only, l reckon the average age was 60+.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Chippenham_9
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Recently this hotel has become an "adults only" hotel and what a relief this is. No screeming children around the swimming pool, in the lounge and/or bar area. Just pleasant rest and quietness. We enjoyed it every day. Not that we have anything against children , it is more the parents that cannot control them. There is a time and a place for everything and we enjoy a couples/adults only hotel. The hotel itself provides good clean rooms and a very good service. The staff is efficient and customer friendly. Fuertaventura is not all that interesting but Corralejo is a lot of fun with a wide choice of restaurants and cafes. One or two things more about the hotel Wifi at 7 euro a day is quite steep. The parking garage is very difficult to park in. Downstairs in the hotel there is a wonderful shady terrace but no service what so ever. I do not understand that . Concluding Barcelo is worth a visit

Room Tip: the so called side sea view rooms, do not bother. In most cases there is big building blocking the view
1  Thank henk v
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I am currently on a 1 week break here. In the last month a new big rooftop terrace with jacuzzi baths and balinese beds (one each room) has been opened exclusively for ten of the wellness delux rooms. I had booked this room type, but unfortunately wasn't allocated one of the special rooms and actually only found out about them because I asked a member of staff how I could get up to the terrace because it looked like a nice place to sunbathe. I feel a bit put out to be honest because the terrace in my room is small and half taken up by the jacuzzi and there are only two chairs and two footstools to use for sunbathing - not suitable to relax all day. In the mornings there is a queue of people with towels that claim their sun loungers by the pool for the day, even though they then disappear and don't even use them until late afternoon. This situation is not managed by the hotel and has meant that my fiancé and I have not been able to sunbathe by the pool at all and have chosen instead to go to the beach, which costs us €9 a day for the beds and parasol ( a cost we could have avoided if all the wellness delux rooms had private balinese beds)

At this point, although I am not best pleased with what seems like a higher standard of room by these new wellness delux rooms, the staff did offer to see if they could arrange to move us to one of the new rooms, but to be honest, having just unpacked and because it would have wasted half of the following day for us to sort out if we did want to move we decided against it.

The food is what you would expect from a hotel buffet but the staff are very helpful and cheerful all the time, the don't stop and are very attentive. Nothing is too much trouble.

The location is good and I would say the hotel is better suited to older people. We are in our mid 30s/early 40s and feel a bit out of place here.

It's ideal if you just want a relaxing slow paced holiday and you don't mind joining the sunbed stampeede in the morning.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I so wanted to write a gleaming report about his hotel, and had booked it based on the reviews on here, but unfortunately I was disappointed.

We had a wellness room on the Ground Floor the first week of October, which was fairly spacious, but with no view which was disappointing. We were supposed to receive a wellness mini bar but upon arrival, that wasn’t there, so I had to call reception up to ask to fill the fridge. This wasn’t anything special either. The rooms are ok, the tea and coffee facilities and the fridge were useful, the shower was great, but in general everything was a little dated, the air-con was poor, and you had to pay for the safe which I found unusual. The Wi-Fi connection in our particular room wasn’t that strong (although we were in a corner room and it was a good connection throughout the rest of the hotel). My worst gripe about the room was that the (double) bed was two singles pushed together. When I asked to see if we could get this changed, I was told it wasn’t possible - apparently it is the case throughout the hotel. During the middle of the week, we upgraded to a wellness suite on the first floor (at an extra cost) which was an improvement in that we had an outdoor Jacuzzi and a better view (overlooking the pool) but everything else about the room was exactly the same as the previous one.

As a couple in our mid-thirties we were certainly amongst the youngest in this hotel. However it wasn’t too much of a problem as it was good not to have kids around, and we were after a quiet week of relaxation. We didn’t sample any of the entertainment though as we guessed it might not have been suited to our age range and taste. The lobby bar also had a bit of a dreadful, soul-less atmosphere in the evenings as well so we were happy to dodge this and head to the more lively bars along the main road.

I tried the gym once. It didn’t open until 10am but the reception staff kindly let me in around 8am. The equipment wasn’t the most state of the art, but the gym itself was fairly well equipped.

The buffet food was probably the best thing about the hotel. It was of a high standard and the selection was wide and it was all relatively civilised. Drinks are reasonably priced and the waitress who tended to us daily at breakfast and dinner (we sat in the outside area) was fantastic. Some of the other staff could learn a lesson or two though.

There was the regular surge of hotel guests rushing for sunbeds at 9am which made me a little embarrassed to be British (the majority of the hotel guests are Brits). And also, you were only allowed to change the towels once during the week. I thought it was standard for hotel guests to give new towels on a daily basis given that these get dirty quickly with sun tan lotion, chlorine and generally just being used outdoors?

We had a nice week and certainly ate well, but I wouldn’t recommend this hotel, unless you get an amazing deal on it.

Room Tip: The Ground Floor wellness rooms have no view at all, but are possibly quieter. As high up a room as possible might be best. I put an initial request in for this but it wasn't granted to my dissapointment.
1  Thank Angel_Delightful
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Excellent stay first time in the resort, I am an ex master chef ,the standard of the food very good. First time at adult only hotel in the words of Peter Kay it's the future . My only moan was the rusty bath & the standard of dress for dinner. If you are thing of staying I recommend the room with the out side jacuzzi and sun 4 poster bed

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business