We were looking for a cheap and cheerful break for my birthday and I picked this apartment for its proximity to the old town in Corralejo....and I was not disappointed...We paid less than it would cost for a weekend accommodation in Ireland. Initially we were placed on C block on the port road. It was a bit noisy and on the 3rd floor so next day I requested a transfer and was delighted and very pleasantly surprised when they offered a pool side D block apartment on the ground floor at no extra charge. The apartment was freshly painted with great beds. There was a tea and coffee maker, microwave, fridge and double ring available and a truely wonderful powerful shower with lots of hot water. The pools were a great shape, a shallow warm one very safe for children and either a warm...or slightly less warm deep one for adults. There were lots of sun loungers available and a very good bar food at the pool side restaurant. It was a 10 min walk from the port or the old town...and had many great restaurants locally, Boa Vide brazilian food. Angus Steakhouse near the Music Square. The latter had many restaurants that offered competitively priced food and cocktails were from 4.50 euro with beer being 1 euro. The hotel had a very good supermarket for basics. The walk into the old town was either via the seafront prom past the old port or thru the backstreets to all the local pubs and restaurants. The staff were very efficient and welcoming and beds towels were changed often. The kitchen utensils were minimal and if you were cooking, people had to request extras but I did not consider it an issue as everything was spotless...and the cost of the stay was exceptionally good value. If you want 5 star pay 5 star and dont complain here. Correlejo itself has a hippy relaxed vibe. Wonderful free street music, great food and drink at reasonable prices served by very friendly spanish people who were very welcoming. Top end shops were available locally so you could shop as much as you wished either locally or 20 miles away in Puerto de Roserio. The Lanzarote ferry was available several times daily...the Timanfaya fire mountain trip was a highlight... If you want lush scenery Fuerteventura is not the destination...its basically a volcanic rock sparcely vegetated. If you like dunes they are extensive and border a truely spectacular sea...however if you like bei... at one centre based.. Corralejo is fantastic and super cheap...but windy...take a cardi...we had a great time. ps...my highlight for the trip was feeding pretzels to 7 wild but tame chipmunks on the beach at Puerto de Rosario...they galloped over when we sat down on a bench and ate the pretzels from my hands while one sat on my partners knee. I was entranced, and it was totally unexpected...someone brought over two from africa and let them loose and they bred...given the fact there is no surface water I don't know how they thrive but they did and it made my holiday...the only thing that we were disappointed with was our hirecar service.
We booked one online at 110 euros with Goldcar to pay when we got there. We were met at the Airport and transfered to their office at an industrial estate. We were in a queue for about an hour before being told that they would either provide cover at the agreed price but they would put a lien on my credit card for 600 euro or they would provide some cover for 244..a whopping jump in cost...but not apply any lien..it was late at night and we did not know where we were so we reluctantly agreed. The price included a mandatory cost of 69 euros for petrol, surplus returned petrol to be refunded...and in fairness they did give 21 e back for just under half a tank....not exactly what it cost...so be aware...there is better less expensive car hire outthere. It cost 60 euro for 5 days cover in Portugal the Christmas before with full comp insurance...with a different company..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 7 minutes walk from the beach. The Hesperia Bristol Playa apartment has a great beachfront setting in Fuerteventura's Corralejo Beach, with views of Lanzarote and Isla de Lobos. It offers free WiFi throughout and 3 outdoor swimming pools. Set within gardens, the complex has an entertainment programme. Each apartment features a seating area with satellite TV and a private balcony or terrace. The kitchenette is equipped with a fridge, hob, and microwave. Bristol Playa offers a seasonal pool bar, lounge where barbecues are organised, and a restaurant serving buffet breakfast and dinner. There is also a supermarket and bicycle and sports equipment rental. Corralejo Port is 700 m away and regular ferries to Isla de Lobos and Lanzarote leave from here. The property is just 5 minutes' drive from Las Dunas National Park, and you can find the Corralejo Marina after a 5-minute walk. Parking is free on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, NHHotels, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Hesperia Bristol Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Bristol Playa Corralejo
- Bristol Playa
- Hotel Hesperia Bristol Playa Fuerteventura/Corralejo