“Quiet and relaxing week”

Hotel Hesperia Bristol Playa
Ranked #23 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Quiet and relaxing week”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at the Bristol Playa the last week in May. Our first impression was that it is in need of some refurbishment and the area surrounding it is quite run down. The reception staff were very good and we upgraded to a room with the balcony overlooking the sea and Lanzarote. The rooms were basic but very clean. We couldn't use the balcony as it was too windy whilst we were there. The pool was very nice with plenty of sunbeds. The pool bar was only open 1230 - 1600 and there was no other bar or entertainment open.
The sandy beaches were away from the hotel into the main town. We hired a car for 3 days for €75 which was great allowing us to explore the rest of the island and get to some more remote fantastic beaches.
In all we had a good week but would not go back to this hotel as we preferred the Brisamar which we stayed in a couple of years ago.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great service from the staff, they were helpful but they weren't constantly in your face being annoying. The food was nice and the evening entertainment was good! There was always something going on. The park was cute and there was also wifi haha. Good value! I am surprised that they aren't charging more! Sleep wasn't a problem as it is a family hotel so there weren't loads of drunk brits haha. It was very clean, we had regular room service which was great! Location was good but could have been better. A 10-15 minute walk from town along a windy path however there is fitness equipment dotted along the path which is fun. The path is quite winy. None of this bothered me however. The town of Corralejo is next to none. Great shops and restaurants and some of the best beaches I've ever seen. There is a shopping mall only a short bus ride away that I definitely recommend. I don't know why people are complaining! Some Brits would complain about anything and it's annoying because this is a good hotel so grow up! I think this is a great choice if you are a family with teenagers. There are lots of teens from all over Europe with their families which is nice. But that doesn't mean it's rowdy! It's perfect for all families! I think couples and solo travel would be great here too! For friends it depends on what you like. Corralejo does have a good variety of clubs however it's not Ibiza. I can't fault it to be honest, best holiday I've ever been on!

Room Tip: They all seemed great. I had the best I think though, ground floor poolside! Bliss!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank cs230350
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have just come back from a week in Fuerteventura. We have stayed in Corralejo before at the suite hotel atlantis but on this occasion we stayed at the Bristol Playa.
When we first arrived we went to our room and to say it was very basis was an understatement. It would have done but we were having our first holiday without children in 5 years and wanted something a little better. I had seen that they did have upgraded rooms so we went to the reception and made enquires. No problems, room upgraded for 10 euros a night. Money well spent as the safe which would have been 2 euros a night was included free of charge and the t.v if you wanted the English channels I believe was an additional 4 euros per day was also free of charge. So all in all we got a much nicer room for 4 euros a night.
The balcony from the lounge looked out over the sea to Lanzarote and the bedroom window looked out over the pool. I'm sure I read someones review before we went out about a sewage smell but I can say that I did not notice anything of the sort. When the tides change you can smell seaweed but certainly not sewage.
Plenty of sun loungers but having said that there were not many of us at the hotel. It was the week before the childrens half term so maybe the influx was going to start just as we left. Very clean hotel but windy as it is right on the coast line. I would stay here again but we seem to be working our way round the hotels and I would like to stay somewhere else next time to see maybe if it's less windy as I would say that was the only downside.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Fred_2210
Stourbridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here end of April, Nice accommodation in a great location, we cannot praise the staff enough.

Unfortunately, we were involved in a car crash on the day before we were due to leave, with badly bruised ribs and whiplash we just couldn't make the deadline to vacate our room. The hotel staff went out of their way to help us , letting us stay in the room for as long as we needed. We did manage to make the flight and will return to this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Justin19691969
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here in February and had an amazing time! The rooms were quite basic but you get what you pay for and reception were more than happy to provide us with any kitchen items we were missing/needed as we were self catering. The pool area was very clean and we able to get a sun lounger easily each day. There is a small supermarket on site with sells essentials and is reasonably priced. It is only a short 10minute walk from the old and new town with a nice walk along the front. We will definitely be coming back again!

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Hazel2993
Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

could do with a bit of revamping but not that bad staff were friendly and willing to help you,pool was lovely,location was good would go back.there are no lifts but the apartments are only 3 storys high,the only down side was there was no evening entertainment so you had to go out as the pool bar only stayed open till 4oc in afternoon,if you wanted you could get some english channels on tv for a few euros.

Room Tip: we had ground floor room good view of pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank amanda w
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I am fine with this hotel, I have written it up before but have just been for my fifth time and its got better......we return soon and my family have taken up my recommendations and are also visiting. This hotel is basic Spanish in a nice location, it has three pools that are tended from early to late that are well kept and clean. There are poolside apartments,upper pool view apartments, sea view apartments ( lanzarote ) and suites...so something for all, and they are as the website, clean and tidy with two hobs, microwave fridge safe etc.
Very friendly staff who are only too pleased to help or advise, we spent two weeks in jan a week in feb and a week in April and really enjoyed our stays...the staff here work hard to achieve a good reputation and standard for their guests and really can't be faulted for their efforts.

I like the position for the old town and harbour and a plus is its proximity to the bus station for getting around,....and good parking for a hire car.
We came last year first time and liked it, tried somewhere else second visit to fueraventura and won't be doing that again....this hotel is clean and reliable and easy to get on with and a pleasure to return to.
Obviously on subsequent visits you learn more and become more familiar with the surroundings and I am very pleased for finding the hotel, very good for its rating.
The staff are good and helpful, very friendly....they handled a storm that affected the island in there stride and I have to say that little experience won my appreciation...
There is a decent buffet and breakfast that is well laid out as well as a nice little on site shop that has a good stock of beers and wines as well as groceries.
Well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Most people seem to like the pool views, but the sea view and Lanzarote views are great especially w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple