Whatever you hope to do at this complex ... you will NOT relax. And the blame for that doesn't completely lay in the hands of the hotel, although they do contribute immensely. Each day I was imagining the back stage banter with the waiters and waitress crews. Each one challenging the other to make the most noise possible, banging crockery and rattling cutlery. The prize went to the lady who 'poured' ice at breakfast. 1st Prize.
Next came the sloven, inconsiderate parents who think that it's ok to let their errant offspring shout and cry and run around in the restaurant as if at a church hall wedding party. Horrible, horrible people.
Watch out for all the instances of dribblin' unsupervised kids leaving germs everywhere in the dining hall.
The food was satisfactory. No more, no less. It was of a consistently satisfactory standard. Visit the breakfast grill to see the world's first vegetarian bacon.I looked high and low, but I couldn't detect any meat on the bacon. None whatsoever !!!! Then have fun working out how many times the bread must rotate around each auto toaster to get toasted. Each one being vastly different. I wasted time booking in the two 'themed' restaurants. Believe me, it was a waste of my time. The cockroaches, which were common, must have been getting to the reservation sheet ahead of me. On the up side the chefs were produce adventurous. It was my first time eating Saithe and Banga. Two different fish species. Very tasty. But, once again, here we have a hotel pretending to be 4*, then charging extra for everything. Safe deposit boxes, internet, beach towels.... etc etc. Credit to the Restaurant manager for his efforts to instill some order and discipline. He needs to go further and barr unruly kids and parents. When you visit, please just listen to the constant ambient background noise level !!! It is unbelievable. The rooms were super, or at least mine was. The staff were generally helpful and courteous. The 'smoothie' lady at breakfast was always open to requests. That's what gives the Atlantis hope. The drinks regime is almost funny. It's so prohibitive. I wouldn't waste my money on the A/I product regime next time. I don't think that I realised value. Again, most drinks attract a chargeable extra. The 'entertainment' was appaling. Agadoo and 'I am the music man'. I kid ye not - in 2013 - Agadoo. As other reviewers have said - God loves a trier. These young staff try extremely hard, but ultimately it's inane, amateurish and appealing only to the 7-9 year olds skidding about the stage on their grazed knees. It was hardly Las Vegas. Also, despite what the management may claim, there is, around the whole site, the weak, but none the less present whiff of sewerage. Maybe this is a temporary issue, but it is certainly an issue.
The grounds always look tropically immaculate. Maybe that's the result of the strange-smelling fertiliser ???
In summary - would I visit the Atlantis again ? - I probably would, but with lowered expectation about the 'relaxing' potential of a holiday here.
Would I choose the A/I option - I probably would not. Not enough value. And I would add 25% to my budget for all the deposit and extra charge rip-offs (my opnion)
Would I wonder why young people are growing up so ill-disciplined ? No, after seeing how some parents encourage and/or ignore such discourteous, selfish behaviours.
My low service score reflects the noise competitions amongst the staff. Please do not underestimate how much noise, determined waiting staff are in a position to make.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-inclusive resort with 65.000m2 is located 50 meters from the beach, on Fuerteventura's north coast. It offers 7 swimming pools, a "Wellness Center", fitness centre and large suites with private balconies. WIFI free of charge in whole hotel. The suites are restyled and newly decorated. The Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort has 4 restaurants, the varied and comprehensive buffet-restaurant "Gaudí", the new Spanish restaurant "Atrium", the "Rambutan: Asian & Veggie", Asian and vegetarian fusion cuisine and the new "La Scala", exclusive for "Adults Only Premium Club" guests. There are also 6 bars, such as a cocktail bar, a poolside snack bar and a disco. The younger guests will love the Atlantini Mini Club (for ages 4-12) and Kids Club (7-12) as well as the playground and pool fun and games. “Atlantis Teen Lounge”, a dedicated space where the young people can have fun and meet new friends, play consoles like the X Box or Play Station, cinema, reading or chatting. The Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort's leisure facilities include an amphitheatre and the hotel offers a wide range of activities and animation during all the day. There is also a beach club, the "Water Sports Experience" and a supermarket on site. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to the beaches. ADULT ONLY PREMIUM CLUB: The Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort offers an exclusive area "Adults Only older than 16 years old", with great facilities and a first class service. New in Premium Club: exclusive area with solarium and Chill Out with Balinese beds and deluxe sun loungers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort Be Live Hotel Corralejo
- Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort Suite Hotel
- Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort Corralejo