“Not one of my best choices ... against expectations”

Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Whatever you hope to do at this complex ... you will NOT relax. And the blame for that doesn't completely lay in the hands of the hotel, although they do contribute immensely. Each day I was imagining the back stage banter with the waiters and waitress crews. Each one challenging the other to make the most noise possible, banging crockery and rattling cutlery. The prize went to the lady who 'poured' ice at breakfast. 1st Prize.
Next came the sloven, inconsiderate parents who think that it's ok to let their errant offspring shout and cry and run around in the restaurant as if at a church hall wedding party. Horrible, horrible people.
Watch out for all the instances of dribblin' unsupervised kids leaving germs everywhere in the dining hall.
The food was satisfactory. No more, no less. It was of a consistently satisfactory standard. Visit the breakfast grill to see the world's first vegetarian bacon.I looked high and low, but I couldn't detect any meat on the bacon. None whatsoever !!!! Then have fun working out how many times the bread must rotate around each auto toaster to get toasted. Each one being vastly different. I wasted time booking in the two 'themed' restaurants. Believe me, it was a waste of my time. The cockroaches, which were common, must have been getting to the reservation sheet ahead of me. On the up side the chefs were produce adventurous. It was my first time eating Saithe and Banga. Two different fish species. Very tasty. But, once again, here we have a hotel pretending to be 4*, then charging extra for everything. Safe deposit boxes, internet, beach towels.... etc etc. Credit to the Restaurant manager for his efforts to instill some order and discipline. He needs to go further and barr unruly kids and parents. When you visit, please just listen to the constant ambient background noise level !!! It is unbelievable. The rooms were super, or at least mine was. The staff were generally helpful and courteous. The 'smoothie' lady at breakfast was always open to requests. That's what gives the Atlantis hope. The drinks regime is almost funny. It's so prohibitive. I wouldn't waste my money on the A/I product regime next time. I don't think that I realised value. Again, most drinks attract a chargeable extra. The 'entertainment' was appaling. Agadoo and 'I am the music man'. I kid ye not - in 2013 - Agadoo. As other reviewers have said - God loves a trier. These young staff try extremely hard, but ultimately it's inane, amateurish and appealing only to the 7-9 year olds skidding about the stage on their grazed knees. It was hardly Las Vegas. Also, despite what the management may claim, there is, around the whole site, the weak, but none the less present whiff of sewerage. Maybe this is a temporary issue, but it is certainly an issue.
The grounds always look tropically immaculate. Maybe that's the result of the strange-smelling fertiliser ???
In summary - would I visit the Atlantis again ? - I probably would, but with lowered expectation about the 'relaxing' potential of a holiday here.
Would I choose the A/I option - I probably would not. Not enough value. And I would add 25% to my budget for all the deposit and extra charge rip-offs (my opnion)
Would I wonder why young people are growing up so ill-disciplined ? No, after seeing how some parents encourage and/or ignore such discourteous, selfish behaviours.
My low service score reflects the noise competitions amongst the staff. Please do not underestimate how much noise, determined waiting staff are in a position to make.

Room Tip: I had 4225. A suite at the back of the hotel. Good if you want peace and quiet. Something which is h...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank rotaryguy
Write a ReviewReviews (4,784)

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We returned from the Atlantis on 14th December after a ten day inclusive package.
Our room, 4217, was spacious, spotlessly clean and very well appointed. We could not find fault in anything. The food was plentiful, fresh and varied. A great selection for vegetarians too. No clutter remained on abandoned tables, all was cleared very quickly. The staff in all areas were efficient and courteous jumping from one language to another with ease, especially on the reception desk.
The Animation Team were a delight! We are senior citizens and happy to join in with their capers. They were really good with young children too, all ages were included in the fun.
The hotel and its grounds were well laid out and impeccably maintained. No shortage of sunbeds either and they were being daily jet washed to maintain condition. Essential maintenance work was carried out quickly and professionally to minimise disruption.
We were entirely happy with Atlantis and would happily return. We are frequent travellers and have plenty of hotel experience and have very little sympathy for those who scratched around for insignificant nit picking complaints.
Overall a great holiday and terrific value for money.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the gardens.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Dodie M
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Our second stay,we stayed the year before but the previous week weather was miles better this year.check in quick,rooms ready when we checked in.,gardens tended well staff friendly.new kids pool this year miles better than just the splash pool last year.Food wonderful and plentiful we ate at the gaudi for breakfast and tea and ate at the pool bar for lunch,we had burgers,paella BBQ can't fault the food,the wife had a fresh baguette every day from the sandwich corner.Bar staff wonderful,especially the two guys in the lobby bar in the evening,my little boy enjoyed putting a tip in the tub and the man ringing the bell.each night the gaudi restaurant had a different theme,plenty of salads,soups,bread,wine,meat,cold meats cheese,how anybody can fault the food is beyond me.reception staff friendly and helpful,emailed prior to arriving and were given the same rooms as last year.animation team really friendly Matthew joined in with junior club and made lots of friends,and was kept busy during the day.just a short stroll to both the beach and the town ,shortcut to coco beach near relax pool just swipe your room card to get out.

Only gripe this year the activity pool was freezing last year it was nice,upon asking at reception we were told a part was faulty.

Enjoyed it that much booking again for next year see you all again soon.

Room Tip: Block 1100 near playground excellent if you have a small child
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Howard M
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a typical holiday resort but pretty much everything is a really good standard. We stayed in a two bedroom appt and this was fab. The food albeit a bit canteen style was varied and tasty. If you have kids, they will love it. My son made a zillion friends. We made some lovely friends too. Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Clarehaines
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Spent a week in this hotel the end of November. Lovely and clean, Rooms are nice and spacious with a walk in closet and a safe. food is lovely and the grounds are all kept spotless. Staff all very friendly and helpful. No complaints - except the mentality of some of the guests on the All Inclusive package that adopt the attitude "I paid for it, I'm having it"!! Shame really to see so many greedy people who then end up leaving half of it. Good value for money, would be happy to go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank 301sharonM
Atlantis2punto0, Guest Relations Manager at Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We at Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort are glad you had a lovely holiday at our hotel.

Your compliments on our rooms – all officially designated suites, with a separate, spacious sleeping and living area, with daily maid service – and our 3 restaurants with a variety of themes and a choice for everyone, are well appreciated.

Being your hosts again would be great joy.

Best Regards,
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Rooms....OK but run down....Food is good although served cold from standing....the dining room is disorganised chaos and noisy....staff unfriendly....no organisation ie: salads on one side of this huge area and the dressings on the other.....difficult to get a salt cellar never mind one that works..small things.....but it matters.....The huge complex is split up I was Premium "all Inclusive" that has a gated area....the keys constantly fail having to return to reception frequently....The sitting room provided by the pool in the premium area is like and old people home....dark and dreary.....Mind you the girl heading the pool bar is English and does a fantastic job....I am a Spanish speaker....talking to the staff in the dining room was very interesting....they could not care less....the noise of throwing knives and forks, plates around puts you off your food....The place is run down ,,shabby and things like the TV in your room are not worth switching on....I complained and the attitude is...."It is what it is" ! The reception staff are good however they can only pass complaints on....Internet...1 Euro for ten minutes...?
Would I recommend it....If you like Butlins you will like this hotel....so many other complaints but to exhausting to post...It lacks any "Finesse" and you feel like being in an open prison...!

Room Tip: away from the road and the noisy staff and buses dropping people off
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank GeorgGuy
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We returned on the 7th Dec after a wonderful week at this hotel. Thanks to all the reviewers on Tripadvisor- it helped with our choice! We had a junior suite room 5119, and our terrace looked onto the "adult only" pool by the spa. Were not too overlooked as there are trees and shrubs outside. Room itself was more than big enough and there is also a walk in wardrobe, with plenty of space to store cases. Bed was comfy and bathroom big with shower gel, etc, provided. Sofa, chair and tv, also a desk and chair in sitting area. Room kept spotlessly clean. There is a fridge, but nothing in it! Did query this and we were given a bottle of water, but that was the only one. The safe is a 30E deposit, and 2.50E a day charge.
Meals are of a buffet type in the main restaurant, and we found the food to be varied and good. There was lots of choices, meat, fish, salads, soups and plenty of choice for dessert! You are also able to book the theme restaurants, Spanish and Asian. We ate in both and enjoyed both meals.
The grounds are well tended and the complex well spaced out, it never felt crowded. There is an Animation team who are full of enthusiasm, there seemed plenty to do for children. Entertainment is also provided in the evening at a small theatre by main restaurant, Shakespeare will never be the same again after having seen the animations teams version of Romeo and Juliet!
Staff are friendly and helpful, no complaints at all there. It seemed very strange to watch the staff putting up Christmas trees and decorations as we wandered round I t-shirts and shorts!
Couple of moans about the place. At previous hotels we have stayed at on an all inclusive package, packed lunches were provided free of charge, here you have to pay. No soft drinks or water (except for one bottle first night), in the fridge.
Last moan, the pools. My God I have never swam in so cold a pool! The two we tried, were absolutely freezing. The pool by the spa especially. It looks beautiful, and you wonder why no one is swimming and then you dip your foot in and find out why!
Hotel is on the edge of Corralejo, so its approx. 20-30 min walk to town, but you can walk by the beach and we found it a nice stroll.
We hired a car in order to see the island. The roads are good, signposting generally good. The amazing scenery on the road from La Pared in the south to Betancuria is worth the journey. Get out there and explore!
We had a very enjoyable holiday. My husband had a birthday while we were there, and although we didn't inform any of the staff ( you can arrange for wine, fruit etc), there was a letter under our door from the hotel team wishing him a Happy Birthday. Nice touch I thought.
If we ever go back to Fuerteventura, we would be more than happy to return to this hotel

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room. Our room 5119 had a terrace overlooking the pool by the spa. It was shade...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shelagh H

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and with your fellow travellers on Tripadvisor. Your compliments are heartwarming, and your comments very helpful.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It’s great you were satisfied with your room – even the smallest one, the Junior Suite, proudly boasts a spacious bedroom, a large living room with a sofa-bed, coffee-table, desk and chair, a walk-in wardrobe and a fully equipped bathroom. But quality and variety are our top priorities in our three restaurants as well; good you made the most of this. And we hope you joined in on some of the range of programmes our entertainment team offers for adults as well as children – together and seperately.

As for your kind comments regarding the pool temperature, I regret you weren’t advised well. 4 out of our 7 pools are heated all winter-long.

We hope we’ll have a chance to welcome you back in the near future, perhaps as a guest of our Premium Club. This is a new adult-only area we have recently opened up, complete with its own pool, bar and Premium Lounge. The Premium rooms also offer a number of amenities, such as the kitchenette with coffee and tea facilities, or the fridge filled with a welcome pack of drinks.

Thank you again for your comments and compliments to all our staff from the gardeners to the animators, they will be passed on. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Best regards,