“Dissapointed”

Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed at this hotel two years ago and it was just magnificent!!!!!!! Just returned home from a weeks stay on 2/5/13,very let down in many aspects....Raw chicken stir fry was served to me at lunch from the show cooking area on my on my first day as room wasn't ready,I had already eaten a piece and felt the texture wasn't right.After examining my plate I noticed the raw chicken ,took it back to the member of staff who served it ...he then looked at it and said "oh it is raw chicken" took the plate from me with no apology..had to go and make myself sick because of eating a piece of the chicken,not a pleasant experience.I thought I would give the show cooking another try a few days later,the staff member was placing raw chicken breasts on the grill there were some cooked ones lying to the side,I offered her my plate to place a piece on and she used the same tongs from the raw chicken for the cooked chicken I displayed my horror to her and walked away...Prawns had blood coming from them when you snapped the head off..I have never ever seen this before..disgusting.Like a previous reviewers comments ,some dirty plates in the main restaurant they still had food hardened into them.
Don't ask for a Mojito...not any of the bars can make them I can guarantee that..
Mural on the back wall of the adult section in the main restaurant is covered with small flying insects...Serving tongs are covered in all types of food,if you go later to the restaurant some dishes are like dogs dinners,trays nearly empty not taken away to replenish and serving tongs not cleaned...
Shower water temperature was treacherous,scolding hot then bitter cold,very dangerous especially for children..
Would like to finish with some positives..Even though I will never return to this hotel..such a shame because of the Health & Hygene issues!!!!!
Rooms and all linen are spotless,gardens are beautiful,though I never got involved the daytime & evening entertainment team were the best I've encountered.
The baguettes at lunchtime were pleasing and ice cream was a treat,those are served at the restaurant at the main pool area.
I will definately make my 12th visit to this part of the island,once I find a real 4 Star Hotel,which we thought we had...not so :(

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Irene W
Atlantis2punto0, General Manager at Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your own personal experience on Tripadvisor.

We regret that your stay was not to your full satisfaction. The hotel contains 3 restaurants; all three have show cooking at every service. Show cooking means that the guest can have input and see his or her meat cooked exactly to taste. The hotel rigorously controls its hygiene and food quality, and is subject to regular external and internal HAPPC audits.

In order to ensure full satisfaction of our guests we have a Guest Service, available to be contacted on phone from the room, at reception or in the main restaurant every evening. If you had outlined your problems to us whilst still at the hotel it would been our pleasure to resolve your issues on your behalf.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed the beautiful tropical garden areas, different pools and the cleanliness of the rooms; also that you took advantage of the baguettes and ice cream available from the pool bar under the all-inclusive regime.
More than 77 % of our guests value our hotel as excellent or very good.

We offer you our apologies that on this occasion we could not satisfy you to the fullest.

Best Regards

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed here from the 20th April to the 27th with friends.
First of all, this Hotel is predominately for families.
The Hotel has a lot going for it, mainly the rooms and the five pool areas.
The rooms are kept very clean by the hardworking cleaners, they however are let down by a total lack of pest control, namely the cockroaches, I know we are in the Canaries, but this problem could be kept to a minimum with proper pest control management.
The main eating restaurant is the "Gaudi", the breakfasts were execellent, for lunch there were varied salid dishes available, the dinner meals at the start of the week were average but seem to pick up as the week went by.
There was only one snack/pool bar open during our stay, apparently the others do not open until May, no mention of this in the brochure (Thomas Cook), this was poor as there were more than enought holidaymakers to have the other snack/pool bars open.
What I can say about the evening entertainment, well the in-house Staff worked very hard, but there is only so much pre-recorded music and dancing you can take, there was a parrot show and a magic show.
The best nights entertainment on the complex we had was when a Spanish singing duo performed, they were excellent, the others were spent off the complex in an English pub and in the shopping mall about 10 minutes walk away where we were entertained by Spanish music and Flemenco dancers.
There seemed to be some sort of illness problem at the end of the week, as one of our party was taken ill on the Friday evening and spent until 4.30am at the hospital with sickness and diarrhoea. On the Saturday morning, a lady travelling on her own was experiencing the same problem. At the airport, speaking to other guests who had stayed at the Hotel, they had experienced the same illness.
On the whole I do not see this Hotel has being four star, I have stayed in better three star.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Derrick L

Dear Guest

We are grateful that you have shared your personal experience on Tripadvisor to help us form a complete evaluation.

Our number one objective is good customer service; it is with this in mind that we have carefully read your comment. Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort is an official 4 star suite hotel with over 65,000 square meters in total area and offers 7 swimming pools, 5 bars , 3 restaurants , 3 tennis courts ,Theatre , disco, entertainment day & night , Spa &fitness, mountain bike centre and much more, all surrounded by 15.000 square meter beautiful manicured tropical gardens . Please consider that there are even 5 star hotels that do not provide such a wide range of services or installations.

We have in place a pest control program and guests are asked to advise reception in case there is need of a special treatment. Also guests are advised to keep all food items covered to avoid attracting unwanted insects.

In our 5 bars, which are described in the brochure and were open during your stay, there are a wide range of international branded drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic.

In our 3 restaurants, utmost care is taken towards the aim of perfect food quality. The kitchen is subjected to regular external and internal HAPPC checks, and conforms strictly to the required standard. We would like to point out that as you left the hotel grounds, it could have been something you ingested outside the resort which caused your discomfort.

As you can see from the other reviews the resort has a 77% very good or excellent rating, and additionally most customers state that they would repeat their holiday with us. We regret that your experience did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Returned from a weeks stay here on the 27th of April. We're a family of 4 with young children of 3 years and 12 weeks. I booked this hotel mainly because of the suites as needed space! We booked a 2 bedroom suite which was made up of a double room a twin room with a jack and Jill bathroom between the two rooms, living room and large closet. Room was clean on arrival and cleaned every day. One thing you can say is that the hotel overall is clean and well maintained. It's a very large resort with lots of different blocks of suites and 5/6 pools, this meant that the pools were never too busy. There's even an adults only pool which allows couples to get the peace they want too. I have said a nice family holiday as there was nothing extra special about this resort or its staff, all were very pleasant but no one stood out. The restaurant is ok, a large buffet with lots to offer the mix of travellers British/Spanish/French/German, always fresh and always hot. We got a bit fed up with breakfast, lunch and dinner there so went out 3 nights. The restaurants which you have to book are to me a waste of time. Your only allowed to book each once per week stay, not that they need waiters but there is only 3 members of staff in them. Only tried the Asian one, nothing to shout about. I don't get how this hotel is 4 star when there is absolutely no waiter service except to get a spirit at the bar? Everything is self serve, which I feel is disappointing as we never got a meal together as your constantly up and down getting, food, drinks, cutlery! Entertainment at nights sounded good but started at 9.30, so didn't see any of it. The only bars that are open after 6pm are at the main restaurant and the bar at the hotel lobby. Bit of a trek when the kids are in bed so made use of the shop across the street and the fridge in the room! Corralejo is actually quiet a large place, the walk to it is a bit too long, 20 mins with 2 little kids. Highly recommend the new looking outdoor shopping centre, there is a great roof top cafe! The hotels beach access is handy, but you can't access the water with kids as its rocks after the sand but before the water. One last point is that the hotel take a €20 deposit for everything you hire! They almost wiped us out when we arrived as we need steriliser, kettle, beach towels. Give them a credit card it's much easier, no charges just a guarantee.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

We appreciate the time you have taken out of your schedule to reveal your thoughts to the Tripadvisor community.

We are glad to read that your recent stay at the Resort was overall an enjoyable one for you and your family. It makes us happy that the room size and cleanliness were satisfactory.

Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort 4**** boasts 7 pools across the large resort area, a spa, a theatre and 3 restaurants. As you point out, the pool areas provide diverse atmospheres, including an adults only pool and a kids pool.

It’s good that you took advantage of the hotel’s great location; with Corralejo easily within walkable distance or just a 5 minute taxi ride away, with the hotel providing access to Corralejo beach via a private entrance. We also provide a shuttle bus hourly every day to undoubtedly the best beaches in the area, the Corralejo Grandes Playas: being a mere 3 minute bus journey.

Regarding the deposits, as you helpfully indicate for other travellers, these can be left by leaving a credit or debit card number with reception. In this case, no money is charged from the account; the number is instead kept in reserve until the return of the rented items. Pool towels, it should be noted, have no charge.

We wish you the most pleasant future travels and would love to welcome you back the next time you are in Fuerteventura.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Well lets start with the food. We stayed all inclusive for a week and on arrival (late) we were directed to the main restaurant where there was only cold food but it was very nice according to my parents, I was not hungry. The breakfast was nice and I enjoyed the fruit and the chocolate pancakes which were all very nice. Lunch on our first day was a BBQ, which was delicious and smelt nice. It was all by the main pool, and you could pop into the poolside restaurant to get chips or a drink or something. You could also eat in the main buffet restaurant, of which the bread rolls were lovely. At night the dinner was served in three restaurants, the buffet, the Spanish and the Asian. The buffet was nice like in the day but the children's section tended to be a little messy due to the fact no one paid any attention to the signs saying "all children under 8 must have an adult with them". The restaurant was also noisy but we took advantage of the adult seating area, which was quieter, on most nights. One night, we tried the Asian. The next day my dad was ill, we think it was the Asian food due to the fact I was not feeling great either. This also meant my dad missed having dinner at his friend's. Next the entertainment: the animation team were the best on the planet. I only didn't meet two of them, the ones that worked with the miniclub, which I didn't see. My age group usually had activities led by Flori, who was really nice to everyone(and sung a ¡lot!) and occasionally by Adi/Laura. I won two certificates, both of which I noticed had been hand coloured, which was a nice little touch. The animation team also did the 'waka waka' originally the 2010 World Cup theme tune, but they made their own dance to it and you could quite often see adults joining in around the pool or at night. Also there was a great volleyball court and there generally wasn't all that much time where my friends and I weren't throwing a ball around or kicking a ball around. However I would suggest shoes in beach football because my toes still hurt sometimes from kicking that ball too hard. At night the mini disco was quite irritating, but the children seemed to love it. Afterwards the show as either a professional one or the animators' show. We saw two shows by the animators, and I was sad to miss the third by half a day. The disco room where we had the disco on Friday night was nice, with interesting design, however some of the adults coming in looked a bit apprehensive of us teenagers who were having fun. Next: rooms. The rooms were nice but slightly outdated and the main bed was two singles pushed together to make a double. The bed that I had was a sofa bed but it was surprisingly comfy. The shower had a tendency to blast hot and then cold, but this provided amusement when others were in the shower. The bathroom was spotlessly clean and we also had a balcony to dry our clothes on which as nice. It was room 3203, set away from the main
pool however we had slight difficulty finding it at first. It was incredibly peaceful, and as it was an upstairs room, no feet banging around on top of us. Service: was always very good and seemed to be done with a smile, all staff were very friendly and smiled to you, the restaurant staff were very polite.
This was an absolute gem of a hotel. I did not want to come home.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor, your comments helps us to develop a complete evaluation.

It’s great that you had a good overall experience and that you and your parents enjoyed the food and entertainment and that you were never short of things to do. Across the 7 pools we offer a variety of atmospheres, with the main activities pool hosting water polo and aqua gym amongst other activities throughout the daily program; whilst there is also a kid’s pool and adult’s only pool.

Drinks are available until 12pm midnight from the Plaza bar, Eldorado Rock Café and Lobby bar. During the winter season the all inclusive end at 11 pm and for summer it finishes at 12pm midnight.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Fuerteventura.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed here at the end of march and had a fabulous week here! This hotel caters for everyone, from young couples to families to older groups
We were a little apprehensive about what the all inclusive would consists of, but were very pleasantly surprised, the choice of food is great and all dietary needs are catered for, the choice at breakfast was fruit/cereal/cooked/etc then lunch and dinner was salads/hot or cold choice and a varied range of desserts, whilst it is a bit canteen style you really can't complain
The location of the hotel is brilliant too, you can walk across the street to the beach and it takes approx 20mins to walk to the town/harbour unless like us you end up stopping at the bears bars along the route!
Corralejo town centre has lots of restaraunts shops and bars and the harbour is a great too, one thing we noticed was there were hardly any people trying to make you buys things and you felt very safe.
I love the fact that the hotel has so many pools in particular for us the adult only pool was bliss, the gym also had a great selection of equipment
We had a junior suite and we couldn't believe the size of the bed and the room, it was lovely also it was great to have a cocktail/evening drink on the balcony each night befor we went out
The only niggles I can think of are 1) wifi you have to pay for, which we chose not to as many of the bars have it for free 2) paying for a safe doesn't seem right 3) the bed was a little hard 4) it was a little disappointing that the all inclusive drinks stopped at 11pm each night-we just stocked up!
Otherwise I would totally recommend coming here, we wanted a week of relaxation and sun and thats what we got We're actually thinking of coming back later in the year!

Room Tip: If you don't want to be near the children's area ask for a room away from it we did and that...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lexmat

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We have a passion for excellence and always try to deliver the best customer service in order to guarantee a satisfying stay.

We are happy to see that in general everything was to your satisfaction during your stay, and that your overall impression of the hotel and staff was a good one. We are also very happy that you would recommend our hotel to a friend.

We are very pleased to hear that the room and service lived up to your expectations. At Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort, we pay special attention to our food service and quality.

It is great to read, that you also discovered the town Corralejo which is in walking distance and offers a lot for holidaymakers and also the fabulous beaches are worth a visit.

Once again, we thank you for your comments as they help us improve our hotel. It has been our pleasure to serve you, and we look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to Fuerteventura.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Me and my now husband went here for our honeymoon and we were so impressed from the moment we stepped off our bus the hotel is beautiful to look at when you drive up and in and around the hotel you will find lush plants and flowers as well as beautiful pools. The service in the hotel is outstanding and the hotel staff are so friendly. The beach that is near the hotel is beautiful and had amazing views of Lanzarote. The food in the hotel was the real winner for me and my husband as it was truly tasty and amazing the chefs in there are amazing!! 5 star! I have seen some bad reviews about the food and I'm not too sure where they must of been eating because the food we had was outstanding!! Great hotel recommend!!!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear guest,

We would first like to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is of imperative importance to us and therefore, we are happy to take your feedback into consideration.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel rooms and animation and that the overall hotel service and maintenance was satisfactory.

From Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort, we appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Just got back from this hotel having spent the last 2 weeks there . Overall we had good experiance all bar the queues for the evening dinners ..... it was not to bad for the first 7 days as there were only 650 guests but they were upto 1100 for the second week with no extra staff which obviously led to large queues everywhere especially for the bars later on in the evening ( the all inclusive bar stops at 11pm .. strange ) The rooms were ok but a little tired but our cleaner was more than efficient ..dont know her name . all the pools were good and the animation team worked very hard ... best guy was a Brazillian called Bouzer. Most of the bar staff were good but the best was Karen and Chavez. The Thomas Cook rep was probably the best that we have ever come across as she was never " in your face " but always there to help you on any aspect of your holiday. Good location for beach and the town .. some really good resturants down by the harbour . Would we go back .. probably not as the " world " is getting smaller and we want to see as much as we can .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for letting us know your feedback through Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay in our hotel. Your feedback is of imperative importance to us as client satisfaction is our primary goal.

From Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort, we are very happy to hear that our facilities, service and staff lived up to your expectations. We strive to meet our clients’ expectations as customer satisfaction is our main priority.

If your travel brings you again to Fuerteventura it will be a pleasure to welcoming you in our hotel again, we wish you a lot good moments by travelling to other places.

Kindest regards,