We are a couple in our forties and spent a week at this hotel from 29/09/12 on a last minute break. We are regular travellers, usually taking 2-3 holidays in Spain each year so have a reasonably good basis for comparison. Overall I would rate this hotel as a solid four star experience - it has some very good points and is extremely strong in places, but there are a couple of small things that other hotels so better.
Location - the hotel is in a residential part of town. There is a supermarket as part of the complex and a small shopping centre - El Campanario - about 5-10 minutes walk away. Do visit the shopping centre and climb the bell tower for some great views (you can see the webcam on fuerteventuraplayas.com). The sea is less than five minutes walk away. There are a couple of small local beaches that are sandy and the water was lovely and clean. The walk into town takes about 15 minutes along the beach (you walk on the sand, not a promenade, so not suitable for high heels or in the dark!). By road it is a little longer. Once in town there are plenty of shops and restaurants and it takes about another 10-15 minutes to walk to the old town and harbour. Both are worth a visit.
Hotel grounds and pools - a very strong point. The layout of the hotel is spacious, green and well tended to. You can always find a quiet corner and the groundsmen keep it very clean indeed. Our room was near the small adults only relax pool and the small pool with a bar (which understandably was popular with families with small children and consequently a bit noisier). Unfortunately the adults pool was closed for repair 4 out of the 7 days we were there. On those days we took sun loungers to our patio and went in the other small pool. But it was very pleasant to have an adults only option and we never had a struggle to get sunbeds at any time of the day. The other bigger pools were fine for swimming, but we found them more crowded and noisy and as this was a holiday without our teenage kids we preferred the quieter option. Incidentally we never saw dirty sunbeds - perhaps these were around the main pools?
Room - Another strong point. We were in 2118 on the ground floor. Unlike others have reported, our air conditioning worked fine and our beds were comfortable. We asked for a quiet room and got just that - you would not have known there were other guests in the hotel. The room was spacious, attractive and spotlessly cleaned, although I did get bitten a lot despite having 2 mosquito repellent plug ins. As all the bites were around my ankles I suspect these were not mosquito based! We did use a courtesy room on the final day (4232) which was really not very nice (poor view, extremely hot, etc) but I guess this was why it was reserved as a courtesy room
Food - the food was less impressive for a 4* hotel, though still fine. The choices were as you would expect in the main restaurant and there was an element of show cooking taking place. As a vegetarian I did struggle sometimes to find something to eat, not helped by many of the meals that were labelled as vegetarian not actually being suitable. It's quite a common misconception in Spain that vegetarians eat ham/bacon or fish and this hotel was no exception. Unfortunately there were rarely any alternatives e.g. plain pasta, salads with no meat/fish, veg etc that I could make a meal with. My partner is not vegetarian and he thought the meat and fish were very well cooked, but also thought there was less choice than usual on occasion. We did try the Spanish restaurant - it was fine but not significantly different to the main buffet restaurant
Entertainment - I liked the fact that the entertainment took place in a theatre style environment rather than in the main plaza as it meant that you could sit outside and have a drink without being overpowered by the children's disco etc. Incidentally the plaza is a covered area so we preferred to use the bar in the main hotel building where you can sit in the open air and get a breeze. Service at both bars was friendly and efficient. We tend to prefer to explore the town at night but the entertainment we did see was fine - usual holiday fare. During the day there are plenty of activities to get involved in if you want to. These are all held round the main pool areas which means the smaller pools stay nice and peaceful for those who just want to chill.
A couple of other small things: we did not get asked to give back our wristbands on the last day even though we checked out at 12 and didn't leave until 18.00 hours. Perhaps we were just lucky!; there are lots of free water dispensers dotted around the hotel grounds which were very welcome; the staff were just lovely and very helpful; I would recommend a day trip to Lanzarote but go with the Romero cruises as they are half the price (it takes about 20 mins longer but you're on holiday so no need to rush!!).
Lastly, the Barcelo Corralejo Bay is quite a bit closer to town but didn't look half as nice when we stopped by to have a look around it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-inclusive resort with 65.000m2 is located 50 meters from the beach, on Fuerteventura's north coast. It offers 7 swimming pools, a "Wellness Center", fitness centre and large suites with private balconies. WIFI free of charge in whole hotel. The suites are restyled and newly decorated. The Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort has 4 restaurants, the varied and comprehensive buffet-restaurant "Gaudí", the new Spanish restaurant "Atrium", the "Rambutan: Asian & Veggie", Asian and vegetarian fusion cuisine and the new "La Scala", exclusive for "Adults Only Premium Club" guests. There are also 6 bars, such as a cocktail bar, a poolside snack bar and a disco. The younger guests will love the Atlantini Mini Club (for ages 4-12) and Kids Club (7-12) as well as the playground and pool fun and games. “Atlantis Teen Lounge”, a dedicated space where the young people can have fun and meet new friends, play consoles like the X Box or Play Station, cinema, reading or chatting. The Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort's leisure facilities include an amphitheatre and the hotel offers a wide range of activities and animation during all the day. There is also a beach club, the "Water Sports Experience" and a supermarket on site. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to the beaches. ADULT ONLY PREMIUM CLUB: The Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort offers an exclusive area "Adults Only older than 16 years old", with great facilities and a first class service. New in Premium Club: exclusive area with solarium and Chill Out with Balinese beds and deluxe sun loungers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort Be Live Hotel Corralejo
- Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort Suite Hotel
- Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort Corralejo